Sign in to follow this  
Red_Sky

2 victims, one could've avoided death by ALT+F4. Why didnt they?

I had been stalking 2 bandits around Gorka and Polana.

It was getting dark, despite the open fields that I would've had to cross in this story, it wasn't very easy to see me.

After a few minutes their plan became obvious; Vehicle repair.

One remained to refuel the van whilst the other collected supplies from the supermarket at polana,

before finally setting up camp at the hill above amongst the treeline, cooking their steaks on the campfire.

I guess you could say I'm patient; but after taking out the first guy, the second just went prone.

Now you're all "duh he's being shot at". This hasn't happened to me in a long time as ALT+F4 is just the solution to any danger.

Looking back he had just put gear in his tent, probably spent an ungodly amount of time repairing that van and wanted to salvage his friends' gear if possible.

By aborting from the situation, he would've instantly surrendered all that to a patient sniper whose position was unknown to him.

Don't get attached to your gear? I disagree.

TLDR; if everyone had a reason to truly fear losing their beans, a problem where alt+f4 would mean a fate worse than death, combat logging would at the least be reduced.

Some people want to play the game legit. I still don't understand why people combat log, it just ruins all the intensity and immersion in the game if you ask me.

• Like 5

Ive been in countless firefights that i could have avoided death by alt f4ing in. Lucky for my attackers I have a set, and haven't broken out in vaginas because of a game :)

Tldr: some people don't cheat!

• Like 3

I give credit to the person who didn't alt F4.. That's a cowards way out, and I still stand firm in that there should be at the very least a 10 second logout timer, where your character stands up or at least crouches for the duration of the timer, so that you can't lay down and log out while someone tries to get a bead on you.

If you combat log there isn't really any point in playing the game.

I will admit, I have quit out of the game when I'm sitting in the corner of a building and a zombie comes and attacks me from behind the wall, but really that is just bs in itself :P

Most people aren't that lame. If you suck that bad that you can't afford to lose your alice pack and ak you are playing the wrong game.

This.

Logging out is for sissies. The rush of gambling all your stuff to survive an encounter is what makes the game. Just sneaking around and only approaching someone when you're undetected is really only hurting your game experience.

I mean, it really doesn't take all to long to regear to a decent level. Live a little and stop logging.

altf4 is the best way to ruin your fun and don't learn anything from the dayz experience

You cheat or you don't.

It's getting sad when people are actually surprised when people don't cheat.

Its the same reason people log in behind you, advantage. I find most people who alt-F4 are the geared ones afraid to lose their shiny.

Don't get the idea that I combat log.

Unless I'm logging in, and they actually give me time to log. Then that just sucks for them.

Would never combat log under any circumstance. Regardless, if my mate had been shot by a sniper, even abandoning him and fleeing, would be a great betrayal, you fight together and you die together!

Death is a major part of the game and you're missing out if you combat log :P knowing you could be seconds away from death at any given time, makes every moment playing this mod infinitely better than anything I've experienced in any other game so far :D

Don't get the idea that I combat log.

Unless I'm logging in, and they actually give me time to log. Then that just sucks for them.

Oh, I didn't assume you logged out or anything. I'm just saying that ALT+F4'ing is so common that when people don't do it, it's quite surprising. I'm proud of that guy who didn't log out after being shot at. The situation is sad because aborting is the way to go right now.

I'm glad you reported (in a good way) such behavior, there are still some people who have honor :D

I camp people that Alt+F4 out of the game during combat. They have to come back some time and it is usually within the amount of time it takes to just log back into the game. I keep my sights right on the last spot I saw them on...as soon as they start loading in...BAM! Dead before they can even move.

Serves em right.

My friend and I had just come from the Barracks and wanted to go to a hospital so we decided to run down to Cherno. When we were close we kinda split up a bit by mistake. I told my buddy and he stopped. He sees another person whom he thinks is me.

The guy turns around and shoots him. So now my buddies standing over my shoulder leading me to where he was shot. I see the guy so I start to follow him as he's now wearing my buddies backpack and has his gun.

He must of been holding Alt cause he seen me and we got into a fire fight between trees. Was intense. My friend was just like ALT F4 SCREW IT! But I was compelled to stay and deal with the intensity. I got shot and was bleeding and could of left and joined another server and probably survived but I stayed and continued to shoot.

This is why people concentrate on a clear shot to the head. then double tap them to make sure their dead really quick.

If you combat log there isn't really any point in playing the game.

Not true. I agree 100% combat logging, alt F4ing, doing a logoffski or whatever you want to call it is a lame move pulled by the worst kind of sperm burper. But, you see, there actually is a reason to do it. You see on the right hand side of your screen, that little brown square? See where it counts you zombie kills, and more importantly, you murder count? If you die, it goes back to zero. And that right there is a built in, foolproof, balls out blatantly obvious reason for that kind of douchbaggery. People are in it for the kill count. Full stop. End of story. Conversation over.

Of course, there's no shortage of wankers out there who also do it because they feel clever when they get a kill no matter how lame their method of getting it, simply because they know they've pissed a complete stranger off, but mostly I think you'll find most of the pissants in this game are here for the murder count and the ego boost it brings them. They take out the bandit skin, but leave the murder counter then wonder why the game devolves into a deathmatch. But it seems this kind of rocket science is too hard for game devs to figure out. Who can tell them? Who will save us from the pissants? This looks like a job for captain obvious...

Edited by datguy
  • Like 2

You're already here, Cap. No kidding with the murder counter. Obvious much? Not every player thinks like that. There is this thing on our planet... It's called opinion.

This.

Some people have standards and principles. Some don't.

Dont understand how ppl develop the alt-F4 reflex.. Personally i hide and run/try to flank each time... Maybe just me getting old and enjoys the adrenalin...

Edit: kudos for your prey not cheating death

Edited by Caine Hollow

I encountered my first d/cer today at Stary. I heard a shot, went to investigate, missed my shot and he ran around a tent. I go to the other side and he's gone. It took me 5 minutes of running around the tents and hills to realize that he d/ced :(

well my mate got gunned down by two people with automatic weapons.

I had a hatchet :D

i died though

It does suck. I had four guys log out on me yesterday. One of them was dead but the act of logging out took his body with it. Pretty f***ing annoying. Even killing them instantly isn't a guarantee you wont get stuffed by the old alt f4.