acebane

Spread The Word: Surrender Key

If you are going to be a bandit this is the way you should do it. Killing persons that comply is a waste of ammo and heart

I don't want you getting mad at me and coming back for revenge later. Best to just kill the threat now and remove it. ;)

I just can't take that chance. Hey man, I got 5 kids to feed!

on a serious note, I get what you're sayin, but I haven't run into many others that have a heart. :(

I am going to kill anyone I see surrendering.

After I've taken their shit.

I feel once i've stolen someones stuff they might as well be dead so I'm doing them a favour.

Disagree entirely, much safer to drop the fool and just rob his body. Avoid anything you don't intend to kill. Once detected murder is the only 100% surefire option. Take silly risks like giving a guy the chance to attack if you want but don't complain when you respawn.

Cool thing, i thought it would be some sort of Restart, didn't know it's an animation, i'll bind it thx :)

+ I like it you managed to bandit without killing.

I'd rather be robbed than killed all the time -.-

As the person in Bandit Act #7, you can guess that I'm fairly happy I bound my key beforehand. It'd be awesome if enough people - bandits and survivors alike - became aware of the surrender key and its functions that we'd see more nonlethal robberies. They make for much better stories!

SURRENDER!

*Bang*

"People are easier to search when they're dead!"

Edited by DesertRose

Hmmm, this is interesting. I'm not one for punishing bandits but would it be possible to reduce the spawn rates of someone with a murder on their record? Let's say just for a day, with no repercussions to killing bandits on either side. This could make it more profitable to commit banditry by robbing rather than killing as you would still be able to obtain loot at a decent rate.

You could still be a "shoot and loot" bandit but that would be your primary source of income. What do you guys think?

I apologize for the formatting and any grammatical errors as I'm posting this from my mobile.

Well done! I didnt know what that command did and forgot all about it... gonna use that to show people i'm not there to shoot them! I wonder if we can maybe make it to instead of bandits killing everyone they can rob you, take x number of items without you being able to stop them while in surrender mode... could be a great idea to improve gameplay

THIS is what we need in dayz. i already set my surrender key from the start, because when i started the game i had expected this kind of banditry to happen...anyway, keep it up, i support people like you.

Hello Day Z Community,

My name is S6! Acebane and I make a variety of youtube videos and you can view my channel from my signature. In any case, I do bandit acts quite often where I rob players and recently one player I robbed in

actually had his SURRENDER key bound. I want to increase awareness of this keybind that is, by default, not assigned to a key. I make a quick video about how to bind your key if you are confused.

It's up to us as the player base to spread the word of things like this to enhance gameplay. To yell at someone to put their hands up is actually VIABLE with the surrender hotkey bound. Hopefully with more people binding this key, more bandits will resort to robbing instead of shooting everyone on sight (disconnecting aside :/). So spread the word to all of your friends and enjoy spamming the key to make trolly videos as if you're doing the macarena dance :).

LOL pro with mouse smoothing at 1/2. Beautiful.

..and then he shoots you anyway.

I love this idea and will spread and use it but I think if someone is going to kill you in the first place they won't be swayed by your surrender, they'll just sadisticly butcher you after taking your shit from infront of your helpless eyes :(

Yeah, most bandits/players will just continue to shoot on sight and that can't be helped unless as a community we "evolve". It's not an easy task, hell it may even be impossible but a little bit of hope and effort can go a long way. Let's just see what happens with our attempts to change.

Yeah, most bandits/players will just continue to shoot on sight and that can't be helped unless as a community we "evolve". It's not an easy task, hell it may even be impossible but a little bit of hope and effort can go a long way. Let's just see what happens with our attempts to change.

No, things won't change until the game theory rewards something other than simply shooting.

With magic magazines that refill on disconnect, ammo isn't an issue, and with the crazy number of weapon spawns, it's easier, more rewarding, and even safer to just shoot people.

Honestly, any way you look at it, it's better just to kill people instead of non-lethal robberies, in every way.

You expect a group of people to act against their self-interest? When has this ever happened?

Edited by Dr. Toros

You have some entertaining videos OP. Good channel.

I definitely support this.

usually when a victim finds me, he has no time to surrender

You have some entertaining videos OP. Good channel.

I definitely support this.

Thanks! You sir have a good name :).

@Dr. Toros, maybe you're right. Maybe not. Time will tell.

@Aoshi1992, I completely agree that some situations, you CAN'T take the risk of robbing them. If you're not behind hard cover and they look at you? Go full lethal on their arse. No time to see if they'll comply to robbery demands. That, or take a chance and regret it. I prefer to live than die to someone.

That's pretty cool, gonna bind it up.

This is good information. But.... I shall never surrender! DEATH FIRST!! (I will attempt to run away, though...then DEATH! :D)

@Fasthandz, danggg i got you dawg

@Azrael72, gettttttttttttt ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

@Mourek, Woot :).