Mr Muggles

I'm afraid I've had to advise friends/family against this fine mod (why?)

Ok.

Go into arma and practice on pvp severs. Take your group and learn how to deal with sniper fire, being suppressed, coming under fire from seemingly everywhere. YOU have to adapt. The mod does not need to change.

You're in a group which is an instant advantage, just stay clear of high traffic areas until you and your members are comfortable with what to do in if you do make contact.

And in all situations maintain the following;

Be alert.

Be clever.

Be swift.

Edited by ORiGiNTiTAN

Gosh, GeeksterDayZ, take it easy man. Seems you take it too personal. Why so agressive? You seem to hate this poor guy who just was unprepared for DayZ after classic zombie games.

Some Straight up Shit

You sir, get a very large cookie! I literally could not have said it better my-self.

All I can say is, do some more research next time. If you had spent more than a few minutes looking into it, you would have realized that people can kill each other without penalty. This should have led to the logical conclusion that people are going to be killing each other a lot. It's an online game after all. Even if the logical part of your brain isn't working, there are tons of videos on youtube that show this kind of behavior. So again, next time do some more research and try to be a well informed consumer before giving away your money. This is a mod that's still in it's alpha stage... you shouldn't have spent money on it in the first place tbh.

Its kinda funny how people cry about being sniped after running/shooting/looting their way through a town in a game where patience and planning hold so much weight. This is a mod for a mil sim after all. If your enemy can't see you. He can't kill you. I'm guilty of it myself. You really do need to search and scout ahead/behind at all times to survive.

good im happy for you your fucking dumb ass you dont buy a game for a mod

I bought arma2 purely for dayz...

if people stop for one second and try to think about "man this is a mod based on arma II oa, arma II oa should be good" all problems will go away. Cuz really, arma II oa is better in terms of roles - balance. You need a stable team with everyone serving to their roles. ppl expect this balance from dayz but ofc no - theres no way. Try playing arma II domi is all I can say.

The thrill of avoiding PvP is something that keeps me playing, oddly enough.

I love going to a town or a city with the constant fear of meeting other players, my heart skipping a beat whenever I hear a sound. The other day in Zelenogorsk I was happily looting stuff when I heard shots nearby that were answered with shots further away, the adrenaline rush I had to make it out alive and unseen was simply refreshing. I'm not a PvPer or a bandit, but I do know that I wouldn't be playing this game so much if there was no PvP at all.

I strife to find better gear just so I could stand a chance when I do have to fire at other players (let's be fair, even with a Makarov this game would be easy enough to play when it's just you and some AI Zeds).

Your sense of entitlement is showing.

You spent your money on a game in order to participate in an ALPHA of a MODIFICATION to that game, then feel slighted and ripped off. Classy.

Had you done even a rudimentary google search on DayZ, watched 10 minutes of youtube, you'd have known fully what you were getting yourself into. You either didn't do this, and are a fucking tool for spending cash based on the tiniest bit of information you had (which didn't account for the majority of the game experience), or you DID do this, were fully aware of banditry, but thought you were a fucking badass. You found out real quick you haven't got the stones, and in your butthurt, turn your frustration on the developer who has said many times THEY ARE PROVIDING THE FRAMEWORK FOR THE PLAYERS TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT. That includes murder. Right on the mod's homepage is the current MURDER COUNT. 2 million + murders. 90,000 living bandits. You claim it was misrepresented what you were getting in to, and I'm here to tell you you're either a goddamn liar, or fucking stupid.

I am not a bandit, and I almost always ignore and avoid other players. I don't want there to be no players or bandits around, I enjoy evading them, and always knowing I could be sniped anywhere, anytime. It makes things exciting and intense. Go watch one of the classic, great zombie films and pay close attention. The zombies are merely a catalyst, not the antagonist. The antagonist is always another survivor. If you can't get your mind around that, this will NEVER be the game for you. Period.

This is the part where I call you a whimpering, spoiled little bitch, and then tell you to kindly fuck right off and not to let the door hit you on your candy ass on the way out.

Real tough guy aren't you calling people names on the internet.

Who the fuck do you think you are?

troll

@geekster

I appreciate your time and effort in responding, don't agree with any of it. Happy camping with your sniper rifle outside cherno/elektro.

Edited by Mr Muggles

This game has always been a PvP focused zombie survival game, and whilst yes there is redoubtably more PvP than in its early days, I don't get what people are complaining about. At the end of the day how much you die comes down the player skill. That sniper wont kill you from miles away if he doesn't see you, or you are moving to fast to be hit. I have never been killed by a sniper, and I have been playing this since the very very early days. The only time I have died to another player was my own fault, I saw a tent and ran straight too it without checking out the area. Apart from that I have never been killed by another player. The best way to "fix" the "PvP problem" is just to play more tactically, not moan about it on the forums. If everyone just made themselves harder to kill, the coast campers and kill for the sake of killing bandits would fast disappear when they got bored.

Edited by Madfast
  • Like 1

I (like others) Spent money on a pvp game I had no interest in/didn't want... thinking it was a zombie survival game!?!?

Don't lie, you spent your money on a realistic military shooter. Nowhere does it mention that ArmA is a zombie survival game. You have only your own ignorance to blame.

If your in a group and are still being killed so much, you are playing the game completely wrong. I am seriously confused how people manage to die so much, from both zombies and 'bandits'. I kill people, it's fun. It's more fun when I get shot at, too.

Seriously, stop with the anti-PVP suggestions. You literally have noone to blame but yourself.

Oh, and 500k people are not dissatisfied with DayZ, just the few spoilt kids who don't know how to play shooters.

Edited by Chickenfeed

Look at the Walking Dead for example, the television series. They are living in outskirts of towns afraid walking anything longer than the limits of theyre homes.

Sometimes they have to go to towns to get medical supplies or maybe look for weapons. But at a GREAT cost, zombies can be there and also they've met several other "groups" that had the intention of killing them for they're own gains.

So what we are experiencing in DayZ is how it should be i think. But the problem is that when you die, you dont die you can just respawn. Thats the problem and breaks kinda the "realistic balance". Which means people can take risks and get revenge on people. So games can never simulate real life situations unless you create The Matrix.

Edited by Avean

So what we are experiencing in DayZ is how it should be i think. But the problem is that when you die, you dont die you can just respawn. Thats the problem and breaks kinda the "realistic balance". Which means people can take risks and get revenge on people. So games can never simulate real life situations unless you create The Matrix.

I don't think respawn is the issue. Permadeath is still a distinct threat, and people are still afraid to loose their gear, which is good. The problem, if there has to be a problem, is that the three largest cities are on the coast, where you spawn. Dying in these areas doesn't matter, as you can get back into the city to loot, and even loot your own corpse, within minutes. The only solution for this is to spawn in a different area, or (more preferably) use a new island, specifically for DayZ.

Last I checked you didn't have to pay to play Dayz as it's a free mod, you payed for Arma2.

Problem is not the PvP I think. Its basicly what makes this game intense, otherwise it would be boring as shit after 3 days. The problem is the actual lack of alternatives to shoot-on-sight.

I personally got not a single murder on my account, although i shoot at players from time to time, if they started the fight (normally i am with friends, so no, I am not too stupid to aim^^).

I personally bought ARMA2 exclusively for DayZ and I am pretty satisfied with that decision. Problem for me is that i came here for survival-gaming and because i expected intense player-interactions with Bandits, Survivors, Traders and so on. I got no problems with banditry and even with people who just snipe me for the lulz (although i think its pretty childish). The problem is that there are a good bunch of people like me out there who would like to actually have a talk to others, team up or simply trade some stuff without shooting the other one in the back imediately after. But they got killed serveral times in situations where they did absolutely nothing hostile and are so paranoid, that their absolute golden rule is: "shoot everything that fuckin moves and is not in your ts channel". Thats sad and is limitating the game.

• Like 2

@geekster

I appreciate your time and effort in responding, don't agree with any of it. Happy camping with your sniper rifle outside cherno/elektro.

Never had a sniper rifle in the game.

I stick to the wilderness to survive.

I'm a friendly player with only 1 player kill to my name, and that was a mate by mistake.

Check my sig, and see my thread about running a friendly group.

Never had a sniper rifle in the game.

I stick to the wilderness to survive.

I'm a friendly player with only 1 player kill to my name, and that was a mate by mistake.

Check my sig, and see my thread about running a friendly group.

He doesn't care. He's already got us all pegged. Me? I'm a troll. You? Sniper in cherno. Is he remotely close to the mark? Nope.

What I think all the crybabies are missing is a key point that the majority of players are NOT bandits, nor do they shoot on sight. They avoid other people as much as possible. Compare that to the behavior of bandits and outright murderers who actively seek other people.... You've probably been spotted and avoided by more people than have taken a shot at you, but there's no way to know.

Meh. He won't be missed.

Edited by KrystoferRobin

It's a sandbox zombie survival game. People can be whatever they want in sandbox games. Just a thought. :)

Edited by Jacques

It's a sandbox zombie survival game. People can be whatever they want in sandbox games. Just a thought. :)

Even sandboxes need to be tweaked from time to time as I mentioned earlier in this topic.

Just want to add some math about dayz deaths:

there have been roughly 15 million survival attempts so far.

subtracting the number of alive players right now, like 0.5 million

u have the number of deaths of all players ever, which is like 14.5 million.

so, and out of these 14.5 million deaths, only 2.1 million murders occured, which leaves 12.4 million deaths by zombies.

so, in conlusion: u only die every 6th time because of a player, and the other 5 times through a zombie.

and i personally think thats totally acceptable in a zombie-survival game, where everything is allowed.

I (like others) Spent money on a pvp game I had no interest in/didn't want... thinking it was a zombie survival game!?!? That's what it looked like on the youtube vids I watched of Sidestrafe's Diaries, countless other online vids of Dayz and articles written online about the mod. There was nothing that I came across that mentioned the rampant pking going on which would have saved me money. So to say it is misleading would be an understatement. I doubt Rocket would have wanted his efforts turned into a pk bloodbath, I honestly don't.

I'm sure the 500k who also made this ill-fated decision are regretting getting caught in the crossfire of a load of keyboard warriors enjoying their sandbox pvp/ deathmatch arena...... called Dayz.. The game is currently overwhelmed with tossers killing each other indiscriminately and I repeat, that's not what I wanted to spend my £25 on. If I had known it was a pvp game on a big map I would have saved myself £25. The bandits are loving it, I'm not.

If you hadn't realised, I am also sick of the pking, I was sick of it three weeks ago. It's a great mod don't get me wrong. I'm in a group (that's fine) and we get killed regularly just like everyone else.

We don't dupe, hop, hack, sos, camp, bully or any of that tiny minded anti-human play style. We are killed regularly and when we can be bothered (which is less and less these days) we go for another meaningless run in Dayz counting the minutes before we get sniped :)

When it is made into a standalone you can be damn sure I wont be buying it as I don't think Rocket wants to/can't do anything about pking. The "tools" to help us counteract bandits will be welcome but it might be too late by then for most of us who will have moved on.

Suggestion:

Introduce bandit NPC's and turn off the ability to shoot other players, that I would pay for, happily.

This game is hard and burtal And Im loving evey second of this game if you want to play other zombies games go play Left for dead.....

The concept of choosing weather to kill another player or not is a beautiful thing you do not understand..

Edited by suda671

You needed to be more attentive when buying something. You didn't buy DayZ, you bought Arma2. Arma2 has so many mods, and some of them are not just bloodbath, they're obscene. There's a mod of a "prostitute manager". You need to run with guns and protect hookers.

link? google searched and nothing.... haven't gacked any street walkers since GTAIII