Sign in to follow this  
iPatchi

Penalties for soft drink, making water more beneficial.

I really like the idea of the water bottle and having to find a pump or a lake to fill up with water to satisfy your thirst. Not only does it seem the more appropriate thing to do if your thirsty but it adds to your list of things to do and look out for when you're travelling. I think there should be a penalty to encourage players to use water as they become a better survivor rather than soft drinks. Penalties such as a loss of stamina, a toothache or rotten tooth after consuming many drinks; which is only curable by morphine, or anything other suggestions.

EDIT: The toothache/tooth-rot was just a suggestion of some penalty that should be added to promote the use of the water bottle system.

Edited by iPatchi
  • Like 1

True. I like it. Find a tooth brush and tooth paste while were at it.

Edited by b00m666
  • Like 1

Maybe we should introduce a comb to make sure our hair looks nice at all times and make the game even more realistic.

Btw I don't see my teeth dying by drinking soda the few days that I'm actually alive.

• Like 1

only after its will be possible to drink from the source without the water flask and fill it with rain.

Well, one simple thing that could be done is something similar to Cooked Meat<>Canned Food.

I suggest making Soda cans the same, water makes so your thirst stays a bit longer at max level before it starts going down.

Edited by Fence
  • Like 1

Maybe we should introduce a comb to make sure our hair looks nice at all times and make the game even more realistic.

Btw I don't see my teeth dying by drinking soda the few days that I'm actually alive.

I didn't mean in that sense. The point I'm trying to get across is water seems more sustainable than soft drink, at the least I think it should replenish less thirst than water. There just needs to be some penalty that would make a seasoned survivor reach for a water bottle and go to the effort of finding a pump/lake but doesn't rule out soft drink entirely for the newly spawned survivor's in their first day/half hour.

Well, one simple thing that could be done is something similar to Cooked Meat>Canned Food.

I like this also, it gives you incentive to go to the effort of hunting, gutting and possibly revealing yourself via a fire. While mentioning that I've been wondering whether smoke plumes from fireplaces should go higher/be more visible.

Edited by iPatchi

+1 for water > soft drink.

I absolutely love the hunting, cooking meat thing I have to say. It's genius.

In a survival situation soft drinks are actually pretty nice, hydration plus a nice sugar boost. It doesn't last thought.

Actually it works the other way around.

Water is just H2o, nothing special there (except for germs :P ).

Sodas have caffeine, sugar, taurine, and some of them can provide enough sustenance to survive for a day.

So if it should be changed, than the soda cans should be more valuable than the water, not the other way around.

Actually it works the other way around.

Water is just H2o, nothing special there (except for germs :P ).

Sodas have caffeine, sugar, taurine, and some of them can provide enough sustenance to survive for a day.

So if it should be changed, than the soda cans should be more valuable than the water, not the other way around.

I don't know about you but when I drink soft drinks I get more thirsty afterwards because they contain sugar.

+1 for water>soft drinks

In a survival situation soft drinks are actually pretty nice, hydration plus a nice sugar boost. It doesn't last thought.

Yeah, sugar is beneficial when you're running round a lot, and the caffeine will keep you perky.

Water is definately more beneficial in the long run though. Would be nice to be able to drink straight from a lake without a bottle though, sometimes it seems impossible to find a bottle. :rolleyes:

And if you're lucky enough to find a Mountain Dew you should glow in the dark too :P

Yeah, sugar is beneficial when you're running round a lot, and the caffeine will keep you perky.

Water is definately more beneficial in the long run though. Would be nice to be able to drink straight from a lake without a bottle though, sometimes it seems impossible to find a bottle. :rolleyes:

And if you're lucky enough to find a Mountain Dew you should glow in the dark too :P

What could be nice is this:

-Water: hydration.

-Soda: hydration + low food + stamina boost + increased water depletion.

You want a penalty?

I think soda should be replaced with Alcohol.

You drink too many too quickly... what happens??

You get blurred vision your movement is about as good as when your drunk in GTA4 and your aim is mister wobbles!

Alternitives?

Energy Drinks like V or Red bull.... Gives a buff... Run faster or sprint for longer...

the downside is you drink more than 6 too fast you get a heart attack and faint.

Would be nice to be able to drink straight from a lake without a bottle though, sometimes it seems impossible to find a bottle.

I agree with drinking from a lake without a bottle but you must gain a dysentery (debuff) because theorically when you use the bottle to get water you are using iodine to purify it.

Softdrinks with a lot of sugar usually make you MORE thirsty instead of less ... so yeah, idd be all for giving different kinds of fluids different kind of stats!