tank77

Suggestion: blood regen and self blood transfusions

Seems unnecessary, feeding of cows and other animals is rather easy since there's a bunch of them, one cow will give you half your blood back, 2 cows and you get left over meat.

For the people who do play together its nice that they can use blood packs, thats the reward from playing together.

As for blood regen, sure. But only if it a small amount, and if its a small amount one can of beans is alot more effective.

You didnt read any other post did you? yes you can find a cow. thats reletivly easy. now go find matches.

You didnt read any other post did you? yes you can find a cow. thats reletivly easy. now go find matches.

Matches are a relatively common spawn. Supermarkets have them all the time, and they can spawn out of the cities, so you dont HAVE to risk going into a city to find them. You shouldn't really have left the city to go and survive in the wild without the necesities anyway (canteen, knife, matches, hatchet, and any other navigating tools you can find).

It isn't a game flaw, if you choose to survive by yourself, be smart and leave to survive with the correct gear.

For the recovery, I do agree, it's only logical

For the self blood transfusion, no. If you are in a lot of pain after being shot or when you have broken your leg you would not be able to treat yourself properly. I'm counter suggesting that you can give yourself blood, morphine and bandages but with less effective rate, you need 2 bandages or morphines for the full effect and you only get 50% of the missing hp back from a blood transfusion without a help from a friend

totally agree with blood regeneration, it's realistic and when you look at how other things are scaled compared to real life (hunger and thirst) you should be able to gain 1-2 blood ever second. It will make things a lot less frustrating for players, like at the moment I have very low (flashing) blood and I keep passing out, which is cool, but It's very hard trying to find food in that condition. I have a lot of raw meat but no matches, damn. I think if I could rest up and heal a bit it would be great. I remember thinking to myself "if i was this fked up in reality I would just find a soft spot and have a massive rest, get a bit better".

I dont fully agree with the blood transfusion idea though, like everyone is saying it really makes you work with other people. only problem is a lot of other people can be 'difficult' to communicate with.

so +1 on the regen idea, its realistic and there are no downsides as long as you can only regenerate when you arent hungry or thirsty.

i agree with the regeneration of blood, i disagree with solo tranfusion..it's a good thing for teamwork..

once i read that sometimes blood loss just stops itself but it never happened to me..someone had this experience? that would be cool..i mean if you get shot you should bandage yourself even more than once, specially if you run..but infected hits shouldn't always make you bleed to death

What do you think blood clotting is? If I wound is small enough the blood coming out of a wound will congeal and form a scab - unless you're a haemophiliac. I agree, I'd love to blood regen in the game, but only when out of combat, resting, and neither hungry, thirsty, cold or in shock.

Was thinking something similar recently but different in that food intake had no effect on blood gain.Say you got shot and went down to near death blood wise then you would have to wait 2 full hours in game to regen this blood.So no eating 10 steaks to instantly gain health but transfusions still work the same.

Then change the hunger and thirst icons to be the gauge to death instead of the blood icon.When your thirst/hunger icons are red and about to start blinking you will be dead very shortly but it takes 3 times the amount of time to start blinking red.Then have food and drink with varying levels of re-hydration/satiety.So say your blinking red and you take the last swig out of your canteen the thirst icon stays red but stops blinking.If your at a water source for example you can take as many drinks you need to get the thirst icon back to full green which can be 2 full canteens(6 drinks).3 steaks to full green or 6 cans etc.

Humans can, roughly, go 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food before expiring.

Granted, you'll be in a really shitty state after 2 weeks without food, but the point is... ingame you need water every, what, hour? And food every 1.5 or 2 hours ? That's far off from what a human can survive if we are talking realistically.

However, given that it's a game you expect things to happen a bit more quickly. I find the thirst/hunger timer to be quite decent. It's long enough that you can survive for quite a time when you are filled up, but at same time not so long that you can run for several sessions without bothering with food.

So what about that blood then?

Sure, blood could regen over time. I wouldn't mind that and to be honest I half expected it to work that way when I started the game. Blood can only be regained in 4 ways.

Cans of whatever +200 blood.

Cooked meat +800 blood.

Blood transfusion, puts you at max health (12000)

Respawn, puts you at max health (12000)

Regenerating blood should have some criteria though. For instance, you need to have full (green) thirst/hunger indicator as a definitive requirement. But you might also need to not be moving around.. i.e. your blood regens faster (though still very slowly) if you sit down somewhere (using the actual sit command).

That way it would give purpose to taking a rest from time to time, especially after an encounter where you were badly wounded. You bug out and run to safety, then find a secluded spot where you sit down to rest and basically lick your wounds.

Considering I play this game for the survival simulator side of it, I'm 100% supportive of features that relate to real life... and sitting down to rest up and gather your strength (i.e. try to get your bloodlevel up) is definitely something that would add to the experience. Noone is going to have a sit-down in the middle of the city... and it further enhances the focus on finding safe places... or rather, relatively safe places anyways.

I have to slightly disagree. I don't think food should directly restore blood in anyway, it doesn't make any sense. It should have a more indirect relation to blood. Blood should regenerate at a slow constant rate like in real life. Staying nourished, hydrated, and healthy should just make blood regenerate SLIGHTY faster (but still extremely slow). If it regens too fast, the game becomes too easy.

To explain it better with a bit of mathematical reasoning. Blood will regenerate at an X rate which will closely resemble the rate at which bone marrow actually regenerates blood in real life. Now if you're nourished, hydrated and healthy, your blood will regenerate at an X multiplied by Y rate. Y being a certain percentage "buff" depending on your current health state. Again, even with this buff, blood regeneration should still be slow but just a little bit faster than nrmal. If you health isn't in a good state, it would have the opposite effect and act as a "debuff". Someone in the medical field would have to iron out the details as I myself don't know exactly how fast blood regenerates and what else factors into the rate of regeneration.

The only way to immediately regain blood should be with blood bags. And it should only regenerate 1 pint as this is the amount of blood each bag contains.

Edited by Lights Out