Sign in to follow this  
Rocaset

Possibility of private, player hosted servers?

I was just wondering if it's an ability, or a possibility? I mean is there a way to host private servers by yourself, or is it planned?

I honestly wished each server would just host it's own database with character info. This would stop people from server hopping and what not...

I also wish it could go private as well. Either by password, or some form of registration where an admin can allow access.

So it's impossible to host servers by yourself? Bummer. Does it cost money to get it hosted though?

You could host a server yourself but it wouldnt be connected to dayz hive, and unless you have a leaseline then your domestic broadband would never cope with the amount of bandwidth this game chews through. If it did you would be limited to a really small number of players

• Like 1

I'm only interested in hosting for a couple of my friends and I. Possibly around 3 people, that's it. And what do you mean bandwidth? Tell me what info you'd need and I'll do my best to get the info.

Well with only 3 players you cant connect the server to dayz hive so in otherwords no game, the hive stores where you last logged out where things spawn, where cars are kept where your tent was pitched etc. Id use google and read the pinned thread about hosting your own server

I think some people here are confused what you mean by private. Official servers connected to the HIVE and hosted by you at your home are not "private". These are normal servers, it doesn't matter if they are hosted in a datacenter or in your closet. Private servers are the ones NOT connected to the HIVE and have their own database.

Are you asking if you can host your server at home, or are you asking if it is possible to run a private server without official database?

You can host at home, as long as you meet all the *cough*retarded*cough* requirements made by the DayZ staff.

You can host a private server that is not connected to the official HIVE and thus enforce your own rules, edit inventories, add vehicles, kick and ban anyone you like without fearing the horrible BLACKLISTING (Oh noez!).

Edited by Rolle
  • Like 2

Sorry, yes that is what I need. How is it possible? I don't want to have to pay anything, and only play with my friends. Is it possible to have direct connect with Hamachi or something and a database on my desktop? :P

Edited by Rocaset

Rolle any chance you could also send me those details? I too am curious.

Already many doing it, to the dismay of dayz devs however.

But.. these private local databases run so much better than the main ones, it's a much more enjoyable exprience, but it isn't for everyone.

(since they can't dc and move to another location/ghost etc) LOL.

Can anyone PM my a server host that will let me set up my own data base (hive) Due to rampant DC's, Ghosting, server hoppers, major De-syncing and hackers, I am going to make my server private, and white-list just like how I run my minecraft server. I need a provider that I can not only host a server, but run the files to set up my private data base.

I think some people here are confused what you mean by private. Official servers connected to the HIVE and hosted by you at your home are not "private". These are normal servers, it doesn't matter if they are hosted in a datacenter or in your closet. Private servers are the ones NOT connected to the HIVE and have their own database.

Are you asking if you can host your server at home, or are you asking if it is possible to run a private server without official database?

You can host at home, as long as you meet all the *cough*retarded*cough* requirements made by the DayZ staff.

You can host a private server that is not connected to the official HIVE and thus enforce your own rules, edit inventories, add vehicles, kick and ban anyone you like without fearing the horrible BLACKLISTING (Oh noez!).

Awesome! Any chance you could PM the details for me? I want to be able to do this for our LAN nights. Cheers.

I would LOVE to have this info please!

To old to be of use.

If you wish to run a Private Hive Server use the Search Function.

Locked.