Sign in to follow this  
fate1122

Fishing

I was was wondering, will fishing ever be in the mod? I think it would be really cool fishing on a boat for food and such.

Edited by fate1122
  • Like 6

I've thought of the idea myself, but with boats maybe if you take them off the coast you can catch bigger fish with more meat? On shore you can catch little fish with 1-2 meat and offshore large fish with 4-8?

fishing does sound fun, but you know what blows my mind most about the game? the search function in the forum :D

I've thought of the idea myself, but with boats maybe if you take them off the coast you can catch bigger fish with more meat? On shore you can catch little fish with 1-2 meat and offshore large fish with 4-8?

yeah that sounds good, maybe we will see it. sounds simple enough.

I love this idea, make it a bit easier on us instead of dying from starvation. But you should definintly have to make youre own rod. But it also just fits, youre surrounded by ocean and theres ponds in a few places. +1

also adding a little dingy would be cool also. But piloting it would be odd as most boats we see are wooden rowboats on the beaches so mabye we could have oars? or just make some motorboats haha

Edited by Evan858

From shore, in lakes ponds and streams as well...

:)

Disaprove. We have hunting already, no need for fishing.

What is wrong with some variation? :)

Since everything else is based on time I would assume it would be easy (well, you know...) to make the probability to catch fish higher during dawn and dusk (i'm not really into fishing so correct me if this is a load of crap) and maybe even make seagulls fly above good fishing spots.

Except its a hyper realalistic anti-game, so in a real world one people would be all over fishing. that was a terrible arguement

• Like 1

Except its a hyper realalistic anti-game, so in a real world one people would be all over fishing. that was a terrible arguement

Well think about it. Having a fishing rod will take up inventory space, I'm pretty sure its not something that goes to toolbar like hunting knife, hatchet and matches. Do I want to sacrifice inventory slots if I can already hunt down animals easy? No. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have much againts fishing, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it. Maybe this could be a feature later when everything else is done.

+1 for fishing in fresh water supplies. Problem is there really aren't that many and they will become sniper camp grounds.

Well think about it. Having a fishing rod will take up inventory space, I'm pretty sure its not something that goes to toolbar like hunting knife, hatchet and matches. Do I want to sacrifice inventory slots if I can already hunt down animals easy? No. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have much againts fishing, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it. Maybe this could be a feature later when everything else is done.

In many places people fish with just line and a hook. I for one would find a boat load it up with fresh water and live out the apocalypse at sea, doing what I love.

Pole should totally be an inventory item. Telescopic fishing pole - new store item? So you stand next to any fresh water source - not the ocean - mouse wheel "cast line". Toon does a 5 second animation and gets 1 fish.

What when we have shot every animal in Chernarus.

You sir, have taken what I was going to say. You have my beans.

I hope in the future there will be so many different tools and various stuff to do that you can't possibly carry it all. You have to make choices on what to bring with you depending on how you want to survive.

I hope in the future there will be so many different tools and various stuff to do that you can't possibly carry it all. You have to make choices on what to bring with you depending on how you want to survive.

+1

Variety is the spice of life

fishing does sound fun, but you know what blows my mind most about the game? the search function in the forum :D

I know right? I searched "Fishing" and this thread was on the 3rd page.

No forum has a properly working search function

Well now that you explained it i can see your point, i wasnt trying to be a jerk btw so i apologize, and what your saying does make very good sense

I can see it now, siting on a pier/ boat fishing, BANG shot in the back of the head. That aside I like the idea.