mccullxch

Best places to find snipers? *Not Miitary*

I'm wondering where the best place to start looking for sniper rifles is except Military weapons as all the Military spots are usually getting watched by snipers.

You can find the CZ550 hunting rifle typically in barns (I usually see them at the topmost areas inside of the barn).

There is one thing people do with snipers, is to player kill. If your going to say no and then say they are also used for scouting. Well that is why there are Binoc's :P

There is one thing people do with snipers, is to player kill. If your going to say no and then say they are also used for scouting. Well that is why there are Binoc's :P

My reason for wanting a sniper rifle is for killing the bandits on the hills at electro, I hear constant gunfire coming from the hills but I cannot get a clear shot with any other weapon.

There are loot maps you can Google and find all the sniper spawn locations.

I think the only sniper that spawns outside military bases is the CZ550, which spawns in barns.

military spawns include deer towers, deer towers spawn DMR's and M24's just as often as the tents at starry or control towers at nwaf

im fairly sure theres plenty of deert towers without snipers sat there waiting for you to climb the ladder

You could always try sneaking up behind them, can simply use a hatchet if u do.

• Like 1

I prefer the hatchet and a pair of binos. Sniper rifles are for bandits. Not for scouting. Get yourself a hatchet, a M1911, and stock up on beans and cola!

Sneak up on the bastards and give'em something to eat with your doublebarrel...doubled embarrasing :)

You could always try sneaking up behind them, can simply use a hatchet if u do.

You can't "Sneak" on this game, even crouched you're as loud as an elephant.

Negative!

I carry a DRM that I picked up from one of my fallen comrades. Two of my buds and I looted Berezino earlier. While they searched the military tents, I positioned myself in an apartment building some ways away and provided overwatch from one of the top floors. Took out two zeds they aggro'd, saving them from having to fire shots and aggro even more undead.

Same thing happened when we hit the northeast airfield. I hopped on top of the comm tower and gave them distanced support while they hit the hangars. Always feels good when I pull off a hit before a zed zeroes in. Guardian angel, if you will :)

I have not killed a single player with the rifle, though we admittedly have been trying to avoid other survivors for the time being.

• Like 2

Have a look at helicopter crashsites. Good power and scopes.

Though if you find one and are alone, loot it at night: Zeds tend to respawn a lot around them, so you get spotted too easily.

Edited by Deuzerre

I found a M24 in balota airfield tower just now. I was actually hoping to find a M14. I can hit a can of beans from 800m with the M24, but that seems to be an especially useless property since I'm not into killing people unless I have to.

And whats wrong with that, if he wants to shoot you in the face? Absolutely nothing.

You can't "Sneak" on this game, even crouched you're as loud as an elephant.

Rubbish! Managed it it a few times up on the hills of Electro and gave those camping snipers a couple of AK rounds in the back of the head. Also managed to go prone and catch another guy who was also prone heading across the NW Airfield a couple of nights ago. He was stopping every 30 seconds or so to check out the area with his binoculars which enabled me to catch up to him, must have stalked him for a good five minutes and he never knew I was there. He eventually had a rough idea where I was when I put 3 three round bursts from my M4A1 CCO SD into his poop chute from about 10 meters away. Probably could have got closer but I had two guys nears the hangers that couldn't move until the interloper was dealt with so I thought 10 meters was close enough. Thanks for all the medical supplies btw, saved us a trip to the hospital.

Edited by Woodland Creature

You can find the CZ550 hunting rifle typically in barns (I usually see them at the topmost areas inside of the barn).

ORLY all and i do mean ALL i ever find in a barn is fracking hatchets 4-6 of in a single barn oh and wait for it..............jerry cans..............

ORLY all and i do mean ALL i ever find in a barn is fracking hatchets 4-6 of in a single barn oh and wait for it..............jerry cans..............

Actually, in my bambi days, they were my #1 stop for weapons.

Double-barreled shotgun, Lee enfield, and (if I found myself lucky) a CZ-550.

Plus all the food and drink.

There is one thing people do with snipers, is to player kill.

As is the case with every weapon in the game. They're weapons. They're not designed to tickle. They're made to kill.

The whole "sniper rifles are for bandits" argument is weak. I don't camp high-traffic areas with snipers. However, I will keep watch as my squad makes bunker runs or refuels the truck. I've had to kill in the process. I wouldn't say that makes me a bandit.

Learn to shoot Lee Enfield, it's really good and common weapon (although very loud) - I saw people that could hit a running or crawling person within 600-700m I belive. Not a headshot but still.

The reason to resurrect this thread was unnecessarily insignificant.

CHECK THE DATE OF THE COMMENT/TOPIC THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO REPLY TO. CHANCES ARE THEY ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS.

DO NOT DO IT AGAIN.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1