Sign in to follow this  
rockwood

game modes?

At rezzed rocket was talking about making underground instances. This got me to thinking. What if after you got your character you could enter a sort of death match of team death match instance in one of the towns or cities in chernarus. last man standing wins sort of thing. you could go in by yourself or clan vs clan sort of thing. so it would be like a normal deathmatch game with zombies thrown in the mix. it wouldn't have any repercussions to your character outside of the instance. you could loot the supermarkets and hospitals or whatever in the instance. there could be options where you start off with nothing or start out with everything your character has outside of the instance, there would be multiple options, or even some sort of horde mode with your friend and your friends characters. I know it's not the point of dayz and i do like the dayz that we currently have now, i just think it would give players more options, which is what this game is about. the game modes would have no effect on the persistent world of chenarus itself, but i also acknowledge that it could potentially change the way people would play the game.

i would be interested to see what other people think, i expect to get many polarized opinions

What I would like to see, maybe not so much of a game mode in itself but... I would like to see a squad deathmatch server, (or servers that are admin'd to only let certain people in after the sign up their squad) where all the squads would meet up at a certain point of their choice and then are let loose on the world of chernarus where they have 2 hours to loot for everything they need (importance to medic characters and such) and then they have to hunt down and fight each other in a specified area of the map ranging from one city to maybe 3 small villages. What do you think?

• Like 1

this would completely go against the game concept o.0

if you want team death matches do the following

1. make yourself a team
  2. find an opposing team to battle
  3. agree on a time and server to battle on
  4. bash ur heads in

crazy? i think not. having that kind of gameplay would not only go against DAYZ concepts but also arma period. but anyways i have another option for you, if you want a zombie survival mode like call of duty has (roflmao) do the following

1. learn scripting for arma, im not kidding its not hard...
  2. go into the editor and make a mission that spawns hordes of zombies in waves
  3. give the player no weapons or just a pistol and have "buy stations" where they can buy better guns
  4. block the level off to only a town? or a building
  5. get on a player hosted server and play call of arma? o.0

those are my suggestions, and im being serious too. i honestly dont see any room in this world for those type of game modes, they might be fun but not within the spectrum of this mod OR game...

• Like 1

I was just throwing some ideas out there. maybe in the future there could be a way to facilitate matches like what wolfy94 suggested

Or not.

Run around as a big group, and you will find other big groups. This game isn't about finding others to kill. It's about survival. Adding a "Deathmatch" game mode would be completely retarded and out of the scope of the project.

• Like 2

Or not.

Run around as a big group, and you will find other big groups. This game isn't about finding others to kill. It's about survival. Adding a "Deathmatch" game mode would be completely retarded and out of the scope of the project.

yeah that

like said, should never be implemented. rocket wants players to create in game content. he wants you to go out and create "safe zones" etc. that being said, im sure he wants you to create tournaments yourself too if you please to do so. make a website for dayz tournaments, maybe people bite? doubt it. xD

if this game was truly about survival everyone would get a cheap rifle with ammo, a canteen, hunting knife, hatched, and matches and then go be a hermit it in the world. I understand that this game is about survival, but once you got a couple of tents and everything you need, it would be nice to see how your and your teams survival skills are compared to others

if this game was truly about survival everyone would get a cheap rifle with ammo, a canteen, hunting knife, hatched, and matches and then go be a hermit it in the world. I understand that this game is about survival, but once you got a couple of tents and everything you need, it would be nice to see how your and your teams survival skills are compared to others

Go actively search for others then. A team death match mode is never going to be added into Day Z, thankfully.

Actually i myself know i enjoy living in the DayZ world with minimal violence. This game has an appeal to me that is very realistic.

I can go out in the woods, have a little camp with a fireplace, maybe a small vehicle or something i found, and a tent for storage. ill come on for an hour or 2 every day, go hunt some animals to refill my food supplies, fill up my canteens, and maybe even raid a nearby town. On days where my friends can come on with me, we will make a raid to one of the air fields in search of better weapons, ammunition, and vehicles.

Its amazing how much fun this game can be, when all im doing is running through forests, killing animals, and making planned, meaningful raids into town, like i was actually surviving.

Or am i just being a "hermit" as you described it? If so, thanks to DayZ for allowing player-based decisions.

Since I didn't come across a troll post;

OT: Go back to CoD.

Guys what I said was that I would like to see people trying to do what I said in-game, I didn't mean it as a new 'game mode' cause I agree with you all that it would ruin the game and plus there are more than plenty of pvp lobbies on the multiplayer.