Sign in to follow this  
leevo

Helicopter crash sites? help?

Ok, so I have read that helicopter crash sites are out of the game as of 1.7.2.3? Is this true? I have also seen people that have found crash sites as of yesterday? So... im curious as to if their ingame or not,

If so, why did I not find one when I went to the location one was supposed to be at?

They are not removed i just found one but could not loot it. I think they just made them spawn everywhere in the near of woods.

First, I just was at one about an hour ago so I they do exist still.

Second, it's not always going to be there. They are randomly selected and placed based on the areas so finding one is a matter of checking a group of them and getting lucky.

Good luck.

I highly doubt they would remove them, as they did nothing to hurt the game.

The reason you went to where one was SUPPOSED to be and it wasn't there, was because it didn't spawn. They aren't always there.

I have found 3 today, picked up a M249 and Bizon. They are rare but exist. Unfortunately, the Day Z db seems to have temporarily removed the sites from their map...

From the DayZ wiki.

The locations of the crash sites vary for each server.
Edited by Dramatic Exit

I found two in the last two days. One was picked clean and the other I grabbed a DMR from.

well, i found 3 today with my friends and looted them, they were untouched. dayzdb's map has been updated to show where helicopter crash sites could be, so alot more people will know where they spawn, and so could have been looting them (:

Found one today, but someone got to it first.

I still found an M14 AIM hidden in the grass.

I had to kill about 20 zombies for it, though.

That was my first help crash.

And yeah, from what I have read, the locations are "not a forest or building" (fields, basically), so I think mapping locations were not accurate and so removed.

Edited by Disgraced

DayZ DB has removed them from the map.

I noticed that too. Why?