Sign in to follow this  
Lanceo90

Suggestion: Cast (Broken Bone Fix)

I know there are a lot of topics for "splints" but I'm thinking of a slightly different method that should be a lot easier to implement and be more efficient.

The idea, right click on bandage "combine to Cast" requires four bandages.

You would just use the code behind the "Combine four 2 Rnd Slugs/Pellets" to "8 Rnd(M1014)". Instead it consumes four bandages to make one cast.

Right click the cast and click "Cast myself" to repair bones.

Here's the logic. The only thing you need to add to the game is an inventory icon for a cast. The coding already exists for combining 4 objects to 1, and for repairing bones on use.

It would be more realistic than morphine functioning as that bone repair potion of Harry Potter. Bandages are pretty common so it wouldn't be too hard to get 4 of them, but because it takes four you have to sacrifice inventory room until you can make it. So it's more balanced, makes it a bit easier to access, and it is a lot more realistic. All the code needed exists I think, all you have to add is an icon for casts.

• Like 1

It makes sense, I'll give you that. But it is far too common occurring for our brittle-bone syndrome survivors to break our legs, while bandages are abundant the breaking of legs is very often accompanied by bleeding. Most people don't carry 5 bandages on them, they carry pistol ammo, which is extremely valuable for killing zombies with. Even if they do have more than 5 you'd now be very short on bandage supply.

I'll give you beans because twas clever and original with a viable way of implementation.

It makes sense, I'll give you that. But it is far too common occurring for our brittle-bone syndrome survivors to break our legs, while bandages are abundant the breaking of legs is very often accompanied by bleeding. Most people don't carry 5 bandages on them, they carry pistol ammo, which is extremely valuable for killing zombies with. Even if they do have more than 5 you'd now be very short on bandage supply.

I'll give you beans because twas clever and original with a viable way of implementation.

I often carry several bandages, I think if this became a solution to broken bones, players would carry more bandages with them from then on. Bandages would become much more valuable, and if the supply began to shorten? Well that's part survival. We can't have everything in abundance, can we?