oled123@hotmail.co.uk

Searching a player's name and finding their server?

First of all you realize that you can change your name at will right? Secondly, no it is not possible unless you manually look at each server from ARMA 2 (not the six launcher) and inspect who is in it.

First of all you realize that you can change your name at will right? Secondly, no it is not possible unless you manually look at each server from ARMA 2 (not the six launcher) and inspect who is in it.

Pretty sure you're wrong...

• Like 3

Pretty sure you're wrong...

He is 100% correct. You can easily change your name as much as you like, and there is no way to determine what server someone is in without manually viewing the players in each of them.

He is 100% correct. You can easily change your name as much as you like, and there is no way to determine what server someone is in without manually viewing the players in each of them.

Wow you guys are stubborn, I asked this question elsewhere: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34617-searching-a-players-name-and-finding-their-server/#entry330467

• Like 2

Get DayZ Commander.

Yeah, use this http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Add your friends and when they're online you can join their server, but like others mentioned people can easily change their name.

Edited by gutzdorf

This can be used in other ways as well, like if someone were to change servers and you wanted to kill them you can easily check and see if he has joined another server.

i know this because it happened to me.. i was done killing people after being held up in an apartment building for about an hour and i wanted out. i couldnt leave the building because it was an all out war out there so i was just going to join a low pop server to walk somewhere close and log for the night(and i hate logging off in buildings.)

as soon as i join an empty server, another guy from the last game joined and sniped me as soon as i left the building. i knew it was the same guy because i had killed him twice before and knew he was camping outside. Lesson learned, but definitely showed me you can search someones name and find them pretty easily. especially if it is a unique name. you will probably have more than one name like "Matt" of course.

DayZ commander can find players names, but most of the people i play with atleast change their names often

Not reading all the responses. But you can use DayZCommander (which you should, I mean come on.) and add someone as a friend. Sadly this shows all players with the name and the server they're on.

Why was this ressurected? His question was answered.

Locked.