Sign in to follow this  
Takas

High End Computer And < 30 Fps

For those who are really desperate for more FPS in big cities, here is a temporary solution:

The main problem in cities is that there are a lot of objects that need to be loaded. Decreasing "Object Detail" in-game has a great effect on FPS. If "very low" is still not enough you can go to your Arma II profile and decrease it even further. You can find it on your system under the name "<username>.ArmA2OAProfile". Open that with a text editor and scroll down to the bottom. Search "sceneComplexity" and change the value to whatever you want. 150k represents "very low" in-game so you want to choose something below that. If you decrease that number then there are less objects being loaded in your surrounding, hence you get better FPS. I tried 1000 which gave me about 40 fps in Cherno but there were only 20 - 30 buildings loaded around me.

This is at least SOME way to solve the issue.

Anybody else new suggestions? Problem still remaining.

I have GTX 570 + i5 2500k and getting better fps(around 40-60) with higher graphic settings than yours so there is something wrong.

What hard drive are you using? Also, is your CPU overclocked? I run mine at 4.5Ghz.

I use 301.42 as drivers.

Edited by lonewolfGR

try turning sixlauncher off

Six launcher doesn't cause a 15+ FPS drop. I'd be amazed if it caused 2.

I have GTX 570 + i5 2500k and getting better fps(around 40-60) with higher graphic settings than yours so there is something wrong.

What hard drive are you using? Also, is your CPU overclocked? I run mine at 4.5Ghz.

I use 301.42 as drivers.

HD doesn't matter. He isn't running a file server.

Edited by marik

It's server sided dude. Try switching servers it worked for me, e.g. on "LU 177" I get <20 FPS and on other servers like "LU 208/209/210" I get over 40-50 FPS, but do note that big cities like Cherno or Elektro will affect your performance.

If that doesn't work try using some RAM 'freeing' programs to flush unnecessary memory and than set the Video Memory -> Very High/High as it will mainly focus to process Arma2 OA and use the cfg settings that te other users posted above.

btw. it's Alpha, what can you expect from an Alpha version? Nothing much, eh?

Hope it helps :)

Arma 2 uses the CPU instead of the GPU for video settings below normal/high, even high-end CPU's are not built for that. Don't use the lowest settings on all of the options, turn postprocessing and shadows off, but other options high/very high and see how it works. Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread.

I have a pretty old PC, radeon hd 5770, q6600 quadcore, 8gb ram. I get around 15 fps at cherno/elektro, 35+ elsewhere.

Anybody else new suggestions? Problem still remaining.

I had very similar Frame rates like you. Take a look at your Windows Power Options, reseting these gave me a plus of 30 FPS. :)

Edited by Dexer

Again: The problem is not me. It's definetely Arma2. As I stated before everything else works just fine. BF3 on highest settings with 60 FPS.

Also, it is not the servers. As I said in this thread earlier: I always play with friends on different servers. They never have FPS issues. I am the only one, and they have not a computer that is as good as mine...

I don't know what the deal is with this shit... why can't it just work? Not even blaming DayZ or Alpha... just Arma2 Engine.

Go to your arma2OA folder

look for arma2OA.cfg

Change the following settings

GPU_MaxFramesAhead= -> set to 1 (default value is 1000)

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead= -> set to 1 (default value is 3)

Check FPS ingame

Also, some noted an increase in FPS by actually setting HDR to Very High/Highest instead of normal or low and doing the same with shadows setting.

It should force the game to take some load of the CPU and allocate it to GPU> Arma2 is allready very CPU intensive

On a last note: quit whining about OMGNO60FPSWHATDO!!111!!, this is not an online fast paced shooter. You can play fine with 30-40 fps. If you don't like it I guess it's time to move on to something else.

No beans for you!

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Too bad that you don't understand the reference with 60 FPS. This was to show that it is not my hardware that is causing problems, not that I want to play with constanly 60 FPS. I just want them at least at 30.

If you had read the thread you knew my intetion. I just want to play. Nothing more, nothing less. No beans for you either.

Too bad that you don't understand the reference with 60 FPS. This was to show that it is not my hardware that is causing problems, not that I want to play with constanly 60 FPS. I just want them at least at 30.

If you had read the thread you knew my intetion. I just want to play. Nothing more, nothing less. No beans for you either.

Have you even tried the suggestions in my answer or did I hurt your feelings?

try these settings in the cfg file

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2100480000;

nonlocalVRAM=1878583296;

vsync=1;

AToC=0;

FXAA=0;

Windowed=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

next, set the launch options in steam with this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -maxmem=4094 -cpucount=6 -mod=@DayZ -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

make sure you have anti-aliasing turned off, i saw you had it set to normal which eats fps really badly. if you want AA, i suggest you look into the SMAA injector. this was implemented into the game, but the standalone injector takes much less of an fps toll.

http://iryoku.com/smaa

• Like 1

@tickle_me_jesus: Yes, I have tried your options, though already earlier. Not sure if it was also mentioned in this thread, but I saw it somewhere else. Unfortunately it didn't help. Also: Yes, you hurt my feelings - but just a little.

@Epsilon 349: Tried your config. I think it did indeed gave me a slight FPS boost, but I am still in cities around 20, sometimes even at 15.

i actually have the same problem and its pissing me off. i normally get 15-20fps if im lucky ill even get 28fps with a high end build. i have a GTX 560ti GPU so its not old but more on the new side. i have tried everything that everyone has suggested here and i still dont have no fix.

my cpu is AMD phenom 555 X4 so its not the best processer but it gets me by. the fact that ARMA 2 is a cpu hungry game i was expecting a small drop in fps but not 15-20!. at first sometimes i start of with 50fps and gradually it drops to 26 which is ok but then it drops all the way down to 15 and thats when wanna punch ur pc in the balls.

what did help me at the end is resetting all the over-clocking I have done to my GPU and CPU and BAM!! im getting 40-60fps steady. i just done this now so im not 100% sure this will last.

i know its a kick in the ass to play in such low frames! i always try different servers and some give me better frames than others, so if you did overclock your system than set it back to default and then try... if not its definitely a ARMA 2 issue.

Edited by ninja!

Intel i7 860, 2.8GHz stock clocked

GTX570 with dual fans factory clocked @ 800/1600/2000

8GB ram, 1333MHz

Cherno/Elektro is pretty much unplayable. Wilderness gives 50-60fps, 30-40fps in smaller towns. Done most tweaks in this thread already. AA on high, postprocess off, everything else on high, vram default.

The engine has some big problems with higher end cards (mine isn't even high end), it seems like the people with midrange cards like 560Ti's and GTX460's are the people with the best performance :P

8GB ram, 1333MHz

Cherno/Elektro is pretty much unplayable. Wilderness gives 50-60fps, 30-40fps in smaller towns. Done most tweaks in this thread already. AA on high, postprocess off, everything else on high, vram default.

The engine has some big problems with higher end cards (mine isn't even high end), it seems like the people with midrange cards like 560Ti's and GTX460's are the people with the best performance :P

i doubt it... i got a 560ti and my frames are around 20-30fps and it will not increase... the game engine needs to get sorted...

Edited by ninja!

8GB ram, 1333MHz

Why even use AA when it's so fps hungry?

• Like 1

i have the same problem....since today's update its all fucked up, my fps stay's under 30 and i never had problems BF3 runs smooth on ultra so dont say its my

pc or some other stuff people wrote on page 1 and 2.

IT IS THE GAME AND NOT OUR PC

Asus GTX590

13k of ram

SB 2600k

Why even use AA when it's so fps hungry?

Because I refuse to play a game without some sort of AA on, call me a graphics whore if you want to :D. It's just jagged edges everywhere without any AA, looks like a lego smelting simulator. Right now I am in Stary Sobor looking at the military tents, fps is in 35-40 and that's fine. Will have to test in elektro/cherno later to see if it's still 15fps.

I have however disabled it for grass.

AToC=6;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=1;

Supposedly does that.

i agree on AA... even the lowest settings is fine by me... with AA everything seems more smooth...

BF3 gives me great FPS with AA everything on... its just dayZ causing me low FPS.

Still need solution. I followed a guide on /vg/ and I rarely drop below 20 FPS now. That's an improvement, but given my hardware still a sad accomplishment. Anybody else have an idea perhaps?

How can I provide Arma more power? It doesn't take nearly as much as I can provide.

Edited by Takas

can you link the guide? i too struggle upon entering large cities, but never below 20 fps.

Just went on top of the hospital roof in Electro. Sweet 11 FPS.

I don't know... I am really considering quitting DayZ until the Standalone comes out...