oppdelta

How rare are NVGs?

BS detector is WAAAAAY off the charts.

If you have so many people, that just means you'd need to find that many more.

I seriously hope that when they confirm the duplication exploits as fixed, they reset all inventory, tents and vehicles.

Then the duping clans won't have a mysteriously standard, ultra rare item load out. Then they won't act like some kind of scavenging badasses.

I would guess that almost none of the night vision goggles out there were found on "natural" spawn points. They are considered more of a status symbol than their usefulness. It's a point to brag about. But having multiple people in a group that have them? Bullshit.

http://www.britishsergeantsmess.com/index.php/roster

yeah. not enough members to have that many night visions. nope. not at all. plus Bsm are playing with a 2nd clan... yeah kk

http://www.britishse...ndex.php/roster

yeah. not enough members to have that many night visions. nope. not at all. plus Bsm are playing with a 2nd clan... yeah kk

Mate NVG's have a tiny chance of spawning yet you claim without duping your entire clan of 60+ people has a set each plus a pile spare?..... any idea how dumb your claim sounds?

Mate NVG's have a tiny chance of spawning yet you claim without duping your entire clan of 60+ people has a set each plus a pile spare?..... any idea how dumb your claim sounds?

you any idea how skilled bsm are?.

NVGs are not so rare, I've found plenty, mostly on dead players or crashed choppers, never in barracks tho. I've never ever seen SVD Dragunov.

Edited by Mourek

I seriously hope that when they confirm the duplication exploits as fixed, they reset all inventory, tents and vehicles.

Then the duping clans won't have a mysteriously standard, ultra rare item load out. Then they won't act like some kind of scavenging badasses.

Amen.

Yeah it requires l33t skillz to use tent to dupe items.

Edited by void_false

Not very if you resort to duping kit just to boast about having a stupid amount of NVG's

they don't have any duped items. all were found. i've personally found 3 sets since last respawn... there's not THAT rare.

After doing the math, I have an answer.

Assuming loot respawns every 20 minutes, if you search both barracks 3 times each over an hour, you only have a 3.17% chance of finding them. To put that into perspective, you need to search both barracks, 3 times each per hour, it would take 34 hours before you had a 100% chance of finding them during that time. Of course, since the drops are not calculated by whether or not they have dropped in the past, it stays at a constant 1.06% per loot cycle of finding them in either barracks.

Speaking on NVG'S was just reading this forum and thought well im going to log on and play, i log on crashed heli right in front of me, and a pair of NVG'S on the ground next to it.

My group has one pair, and their mine because I'm usually the chopper spotter at night.

Found them once on a 4 hour loot-piling expedition, and haven't given them up since. (Besides the frequently rare occasions where my mates can't hear me over the microphone and put a bullet in my head.) We've been hoping to pick up another set sooner or later, but no luck.

I know that before I joined, the guys I played with once did 14 hours of loot-piling over the course of 3 days, and never found a single pair. Was crazy as shit.

Found a working car with most of the games official guns, ammo, blood bags, etc but only when i looked at the bottom of the cars gear list did i lose my beans over the NVG's, now i can play on the scary night servers whooop!

Doesn't matter how many military bases you raid since the NVGs only spawn by 0.11% chance at 2 small barracks buildings at the north western airport and by 0.40% chance from heli crash sites. And even if you do find a heli crash site with loot on it, odds are someone has already been there and picked up the NVGs. I've raided over 20 crash sites with and without loot and have yet to find NVGs on them.

I found one with only one pair of NVGs and another one with TWO pairs. But of course, someone may have taken the stuff before you got there.

Not very if you resort to duping kit just to boast about having a stupid amount of NVG's

Honesty with a team of two you can find about 3 in a day, if you are hunting bandits in Electro or Cherno. Jump in and look for the people who don't have a flare or chemlight, has an automatic weapon, and you are almost guaranteed that they have a set (at night).

Edited by killstorm37

After doing the math, I have an answer.

Assuming loot respawns every 20 minutes, if you search both barracks 3 times each over an hour, you only have a 3.17% chance of finding them. To put that into perspective, you need to search both barracks, 3 times each per hour, it would take 34 hours before you had a 100% chance of finding them during that time. Of course, since the drops are not calculated by whether or not they have dropped in the past, it stays at a constant 1.06% per loot cycle of finding them in either barracks.

That's very weird math that can get you a 100% chance of finding NVGs. In this case, you are looking for the probability that you don't find them instead of the probability that you do. And you multiply the probability. So if the probability of NVGs spawning in the barracks is 0.11% (per dayzdb), and you search 2 barracks 3 times each over an hour and each barracks have 12 spawn points, you get that the probability of finding NVGs in an hour is 1-(1.0-0.0011)^(2*3*12)=~7.6%. So if you want to have 80% probability of finding the NVGs (which one would consider "rather likely"), you need to search a barrack building about 1462 times. With your calculations, this would take almost 244 hours. Note that by having "many people in a clan", this number gets more resistant to statistical deviation. Thus the above-mentioned 60 person clan would have to had invested roughly 300 hours per person (that's a month of constant searching of the same building if you play 10 hours a day) to get the NVGs from looting buildings.

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

What does skill have to do with drop chance...

Thus the above-mentioned 60 person clan would have to had invested roughly 300 hours per person (that's a month of constant searching of the same building if you play 10 hours a day) to get the NVGs from looting buildings.

LOL careful bro BSM will come after us with their sticks if we out them :P - here have some beans, the rest of the community knows BS when they see it, don't feed the trolls the beans tho kk? its for you

Edited by Mr Zee

I have not founded any NVG by myself. I am playing almost form day 1.

but well i have got them 4 times already by taking from other players dead bodies or robing other players tents :)

Now, I did say that that's how long it would take it from buildings- they could have gotten it off other players as well. Or could have found it where someone else duped it. As someone pointed out- top tier equipment rarely gets lost. If someone with top tier equipment gets killed, his body gets looted and the equipment stays in the game. This will eventually become a problem. Right now, believe it or not, it is being contained by "hoarders", since massive amounts of equipment are apparently hidden away in camps in the forests. If this gear was evenly spread out over the playing population, everyone would have NVGs and AS50s.

Personally I think that unused equipment should vanish after say 7 days. Or something like that. This would in the end benefit the hoarders too, they would have a lot more to play for. Now they simply have all equipment and a lot of them lose the reason they played in the first place.

• Like 1

I dont think every one would wnat NVGs and AS50, maybe some lone wolfers. As we play in group we take only one sniper with us.

and NVGs - yes its cool but i think i somehow get used to those nights and NVGs is not top priority

i was really really lucky i shoot an car nothing happens i just walket .... 200 meters i saw a big firebal .... i run there one player was there with ghilli he has all the nice staf ... :D NVGs Rangefinder M4cco SD m9 SD ammunition all the stuff i killed him lootet him and just RUUUUUUN XDDDDDD after 10 minutes intense runnig i changet server ...... to a night server was barracks farming killed 2 guys with NVGs too so i had 3 NVGs :D:D now i have nothing :( xDDDD

I just recently snuck into a bandit camp and picked off two of their NVGs. They had 10 just sitting in their car. It was nighttime and I approched from the far back. They had, in error, tried to hide their car and not move around it. They also had a ton of bloodbags, AS50 with ammo, cooked meat out the wazoo, etc.

I am now living like a king on top of a hill near them. I wait until nighttime+when they all leave to go mass deathmatch in Elektro to make my move. I grab what I can and get out. Truth be told, I don't think anyone notices, they're so loaded with stuff that it's really sad. I have a lake on my side, so I can safely sneak in and fill up the 5 waterbottles I've taken from them. I use the AS50 during the day to watch their camp, and NVGs with a DMR at night.

All in all, it IS a testamanet to just how easy it is to play a bandit.

Edited by Virfortis