M&M

This mod's community is awful

I have put about 30 hours into this game and understand it fairly well now. I also play solo/

Back when i didn't know what i was doing, i would go up to people and try talking to them. They of course shot me on sight even though i didn't have a weapon, or anything for that matter. They just shot me because i was there.

So after server hopping for a while i could see that everybody was like this. Anybody that asked for help or to team up was obviously just setting up a trap (according to everyone in game). I quickly realized that this game discourages working together. Trying to talk to somebody is a death trap.

I got killed a lot by other players in Elektro and Cherno, maybe 8,7 times, so i went inland with some decent gear and an enfield. After about 20 minutes of traveling north, i see a sheep. Trying to be stealthy, i shoot it from inside a forest. I had lots of cover and i was sure no one could see me. I then waited a few minutes. Watching the field to see if i could see anyone. Once i deemed it safe, i went out to the sheep i killed. Almost immediately after i start harvesting the meat i got shot and killed. The fact that people wait hours for people to pass by, only to kill them even though they probably have no worthwhile gear, is just ridiculous.

I then decided i would only play on servers with as little people as possible in an attempt to avoid the awful community.

I was on a server with 2 other people. After an hour or so of running to the NW airfield, i get all stealthy. It was night and I practically crawled around the whole airfield. I had got some pretty good loot and was making one last stop at the south west barracks. I walk in, turn left, and there is a guy laying on the floor with an LMG. He literally must have been prone there for at least half an hour. And there were only two other people on the server other than me!

Not that i am really angry that i get killed, but i just find the way people play this mod is insane. I fear other players way more than i do zombies. This game is definitely just a big deathmatch. Nobody cares about eachother (unless they have a pre existing relationship). I hear this mod is supposed to be as realistic as possible. If there were a real apocalypse, humanity would not turn on eachother and hunt one another while almost completely ignoring the zombies. I mean, how often do people actually shoot zombies? It's rare. People only care about killing one another which is not what would happen in real life.

Edited by M&M
  • Like 5

Okay, guess I'm doing something wrong then. I don't shoot on sight and I love this game. OH well...

Edited by Caviano

Okay, guess I'm doing something wrong then.

indeed you are

shoot on site

camera crews do this

shoot on sight

badasses do this

• Like 1

Okay, guess I'm doing something wrong then. I don't shoot on site and I love this game. OH well...

I like this game too. I have yet to see someone who doesn't shoot on site so you must be one of the few. I was addressing the large majority of the community with my post. Obviously there are exceptions.

There is no penalty for killing people = no reason not to do it.

They can have beans/water/ammo. = kill and loot

They have a weapon and are too close for comfort = kill

I'm just an asshole and want to ruin that guys day = kill for fun and never loot him

Edited by SillySil

Earlier this evening restarting i headed into Elektro from from the west and went to go look at the firestation, see 6-8 guys all over it in a team, they see me, i freak out and say my prayers and bid my hatchet better luck in the future.

These guys approach me, ask if i'm friendly and then asked if i wanted to join them, declining cause i was only going to get basic loot and then head off, bid them a good day and good luck without a scratch on me.

Not everyone is a bandit.

• Like 7

That is just people bro. Have you been outside recently? People suck. Adapt.

• Like 3

Earlier this evening restarting i headed into Elektro from from the west and went to go look at the firestation, see 6-8 guys all over it in a team, they see me, i freak out and say my prayers and bid my hatchet better luck in the future.

These guys approach me, ask if i'm friendly and then asked if i wanted to join them, declining cause i was only going to get basic loot and then head off, bid them a good day and good luck without a scratch on me.

I ran out of beans, sorry. I liked this.

• Like 1

Good God, players are walking treasure chests of loot, ammo and weapons. I would shoot you at the coast even if you're a fresh spawn for your single bandage and painkillers.

All games go through this transition where the novelty wears off and the 'been around here longer than most' have figured out its more efficient to kill you for your loot and I HAVE fun doing so than being chased around by a bunch of pigs with human skins on them glitching out on me while I'm in town searching for supplies.

In short, Play smarter. SHOOT BACK.

I like this game too. I have yet to see someone who doesn't shoot on site so you must be one of the few. I was addressing the large majority of the community with my post. Obviously there are exceptions.

Arrange meetups on the forums or with your real friends. Be ready to defend yourself. Think every step of the process through, and find the negotiation method that suits you. Lots of ways to play man.

Good God, players are walking treasure chests of loot, ammo and weapons. I would shoot you at the coast even if you're a fresh spawn for your single bandage and painkillers.

All games go through this transition where the novelty wears off and the 'been around here longer than most' have figured out its more efficient to kill you for your loot and I HAVE fun doing so than being chased around by a bunch of pigs with human skins on them glitching out on me while I'm in town searching for supplies.

In short, Play smarter. SHOOT BACK.

I'd rather not. If i wanted to exclusively kill people just for fun then i would play a real shooter.
  • Like 2

You as a player are potentially way more dangerous than the zombies. Even if you think you are peaceful you have that capacity. So its natural for others to try and negate the threat. Not being able to communicate at sniper rifle distances doesn't help either as that is the distance cautious players engage from if they can.

Shut up and take my beans!

hqdefault.jpg

I'd rather not. If i wanted to exclusively kill people just for fun then i would play a real shooter.

This is exactly my point. This game IS a real shooter, it requires abit more skill to outsmart and outwit the cod/bf3 noobs. I excel here using my 'lesser morality' than there where it doesn't exist.

Those people who complained about barbwires and tank traps all over loot spawns? thats nothing compared to what I am going to do with bear traps now.I can ruin EVERYONE"S fun.

Those people who complained about barbwires and tank traps all over loot spawns? thats nothing compared to what I am going to do with bear traps now.I can ruin EVERYONE"S fun.

This is the reason most of the time for shooting on sight not that "he's a threat" smoke. Most of the time people could back off and avoid killing but they don't just to ruin someone's fun.

Edited by SillySil

Your opinion on everyone being like that is biased.

Your opinion on everyone being like that is biased.

Easy to come to that conclusion if everyone you've ever met opens fire without any word duh.

People only care about killing one another which is not what would happen in real life.

Look what happens in the real life right now. People cheat, scam, they lie, they murder, they start wars, brainwash people and do countless other bad things to each other. Most do it for money, some just for fun or because they don't know another way to live. It all happens while there is still the system exists to punish for those things. Do you really think that in case of apocalypse when the system is gone everyone would suddenly develop mentality of a little kitty?

• Like 2

This is the reason most of the time for shooting on sight not that "he's a threat" smoke. Most of the time people could back off and avoid killing but they don't just to ruin someone's fun.

Which other game do you know other than ultima online where there are specific instances where you can tanktrap doorways/ Sandbag a hole in the wall and completely block off a loot spawn point with barbwire so that other people have to actually 'ADAPT' to a better gameplay style that benefits EVERYONE by playing smarter?

In UO you could tame a ton of farm animals to protect random players you didn't liek playing with and if they attacked the animals in town the guards would behead them with impunity.

unlike the rest of you clowns whining, I actually understand what Rocket is trying to achieve here. He's upping the quality of gamers through extreme difficulty. Difficulty that other players are putting up. NOT AI.

Get it in your head, to survive is to adapt and outwit the competition.

Every player that is not in my team is Sheep. DIE SHEEP DIE.

Edited by blackgoofguy
  • Like 3

Look what happens in the real life right now. People cheat, scam, they lie, they murder, they start wars, brainwash people and do countless other bad things to each other. Most do it for money, some just for fun or because they don't know another way to live. It all happens while there is still the system exists to punish for those things. Do you really think that in case of apocalypse when the system is gone everyone would suddenly develop mentality of a little kitty?

If there were an actual apocalypse such as the one portrayed in dayz, i'm sure most people would try to kill all the zombies and save humanity. Sure there will be some looting and maybe a very little bit of murder, but the vast majority of humans will team up. Edited by M&M
  • Like 2

There is no penalty for killing people = no reason not to do it.

They can have beans/water/ammo. = kill and loot

They have a weapon and are too close for comfort = kill

I'm just an asshole and want to ruin that guys day = kill for fun and never loot him

lol nice balanar pic

This is exactly my point. This game IS a real shooter, it requires abit more skill to outsmart and outwit the cod/bf3 noobs. I excel here using my 'lesser morality' than there where it doesn't exist.

23526235.jpg

Edited by gutzdorf

You were trying to be friendly in cherno and elektro? The #1 and #2 pvp areas in Day Z? That's probably why. I've found plenty of people who wanted to work together outside of those areas. And even some inside them. Though I suspect most of it was because I had a better gun than they did (<= talking about the guys who didn't shoot me on sight in elektro/cherno).

If I see people running about in the same area as me, I'll either sit tight and hide, or move away whenever possible. If I do get near players, I will generally try to observe how they act and maybe try to talk to them from behind a building or something.

Just yesterday a friend and I were at Zub Castle, checking out Vyshnoye. I saw 3 players running towards it and I just went the other direction. Or earlier when I spawned at Balota I decided to check the military tents first for I had nothing to lose. I saw some players there and I just waited in a bush for 10 minutes until they left again (worth it, they had left an AKM with 6 mags).

I do have my finger ready on the mouse button to shoot, which sometimes results in a mini bloodbath in a supermarket (let's be fair here, if 3 people with rifles ready loot a supermarket, odds are they will kill you when they see you walking around on your own.