MaskedBaboon

Best way to get blood back?

Other than blood bags, of course. Me and my friend are pretty far inland, and I am in bad need of medical attention. Was wondering what the best way to get blood back other than hitting up a hospital for blood bags is. Thanks in advance!

Kill an animal

Cut the meat from it

make a fire

cook meat

Eat meat. 800 something blood back for every steak you eat.

Need. Axe. Matches. Knife. An animal. A tree. And someting to kill the animal with unles you use your axe.

Edited by Arnie
  • Like 1

Awesome, thanks! Only problem is we don't have any matches! lol Figures, right? Guess we wil go hunting for matches. Thanks again.

Acquire hunting knife, hatchet and matches.

Find an animal.

Kill the animal.

Mousewheel Gut Animal.

Go to forest, open gear, mouseover hatchet, "Gather wood"

Open gear, mouseover matches, "make fireplace"

Look at fireplace on the ground, mousewheel "light fire"

Look at fire, mousewheel "Cook raw meat"

Eat meat, restore health.

This method is more effective than canned food.

if you got anything worth to save there is a medical assistance team on the forum who might can help you till you get your box of matches

1. Depending how far inland you are, respawning is a possible option if your friend can hold your gear.

Man this is rough! Me and my friend made it to the airfield...I have 3k blood and we just held off like 20 zombies in one of these hangars. I am so nerved wracked right now! lol I NEED BLOOOOD.

Baboon, don't go inland until you have basic survival gear, hatchet, knife, matches. With these you can kill zombies and animals(hatchet) get wood ( hachet) start a fire and cook meat. Harder to find hachet and matches in the far north due to lower number of towns. To the far west is a large town with 2 general stores a good place to farm equipment and seems to have less players there on most servers. After you gut animal wait a second then an option to take meat or gear will appear, use gear or just point yourself at the animal then hit your gear button and you should see raw meat. place in your inventory go hide in woods to make a fire and cook it.

Man this is rough! Me and my friend made it to the airfield...I have 3k blood and we just held off like 20 zombies in one of these hangars. I am so nerved wracked right now! lol I NEED BLOOOOD.

The whole game is gonna be rough. Try to relax. You have nothing of value yet, so if you die you'll lose nothing of value. Try not to die, but if you do die, keep that in mind.

Also bear in mind that since you ARE going to die at some point, and since the game is going to eat your items even when you do live; everything you own is temporary. The only truely valuable item in the game is a trustworthy friend. Since you have that, you're already rich.

You have a couple of options to get your blood back. You can either:

a) Find a blood bag, have your friend take it, and give you a transfusion. (ideal option, but dangerous to find a blood bag)

B) Eat enough steak to get your blood back (this is the best option, especially if you can get Cher to cook the steak for you)

c) Eat canned food. (it takes a LOT of canned food to get your blood back.

To get steak:

1) Find tools (Hatchet, Knife, Matches)

2) Find animal (cows are ideal, but other animals give “steak”)

3) Kill animal

4) Gut animal (requires knife)

5) Gather wood (requires hatchet, unless you can find a pile of wood in a barn)

6) Make a fire (requires matches to place the fire, but anyone can light it)

7) cook the meat

8) Put out fire! (Smokey Bear says: “Only YOU can prevent other players from spotting you from 2 kilometers away”)

Best Way is hitting an hospital, try to go on an nearly empty server and get some bloodbags from the hospital and fill it up ;)

If your at the NW airfield, its about a 30 minute hike to Berezinho or Cherno. I reccomend legging it to Berezinho as Cherno is likely to be populated.

if you can't find matches you may be able to find a fire somewhere to cook your meat. I've seen one in Cherno in the town square with the Statue and Hotel. I've seen one somewhere else, but I can't remember where.

Yes u can kill all animals with hatched, but on rabbits its difficultly cause there are verfy fast and u need some hits to hit them, but after this u got 1 steak and "800 blood".

BTW: some guy says he dont get meat from the animals, its a server bug, search a other one or if u know the admin told him to restart server (this mostly happens to bigger animals :o)

Kill an animal

Cut the meat from it

make a fire

cook meat

Eat meat. 800 something blood back for every steak you eat.

Need. Axe. Matches. Knife. An animal. A tree. And someting to kill the animal with unles you use your axe.

Minus the ridiculous number of periods in this guys post... what he said.

you can also start fires inside of buildings, it makes you harder to see

you will need two empty spaces in your inventory to hold the wood

Edited by bigblockelectra

Fires attract zombies and players both - use in secluded areas.

It may also be a good idea to get the necessary equipment before heading to the NW airfield in the first place. In the end, if worse comes to worst - kill yourself and respawn. Your friend can carry your crap back to you!

-MONSTER

I think there is a bug, because hen I gut the animal it doesnt lt me get the meat.

Yeah, that bug seemed to start happening the same time the zeds started to get frozen when people died/disconnected near them. I'm guessing it might be somehow related.

Anyway, sometimes it just seems to be outright broken... but a lot of times, it still does work even though it intially does not seem to. You just may have to wait for a minute or so... Also, I've noticed a few times that when I change between my primary weapon and the side arm, it may suddenly start showing the meat in the animal. I'm not sure if that is just luck with the timing or if the weapon you're equipping actually is relevant.