jdblair5

More Animals

The animal spawning seems to be spotty at best. There are times I see a herd of cows and other times I don't see anything for a great length of time.

As eating is such an essential part of the game I think 1 of 2 things need to occur.

1. Greatly increase the wildlife spawning. If the zeds don't attack wildlife, and if the wildlife isn't effected by the "outbreak" then wildlife in general would start too flourish as the human population diminishes.

2. Have infected wildlife. If the reasoning for the lack of wildlife is that they too can become infected then add them in the game. You wouldn't have to do anything to crazy, just re-skin the animals so they look "messed up" and give them no meat value when killed. You would be adding more wildlife, but granted it would be useless, but it would be more logical to see some kind of wildlife in decent numbers.

There are barns and deer stands everywhere it seems, hell the whole landscape is basically a sprawling woodlands, the game should be teeming with wildlife if you think about.

• Like 3

There is plenty of wildlife as it is now. Maybe even too much. We don't need more. If you run off into the woods without food, you should have a difficult time finding something to kill and eat.

As for number 2. I really don't think infected wildlife fit into the current situation the DayZ world is in. A lot of people could tell you, just because something is deadly for humans, that doesn't make it deadly for animals. The easiest thing I can think of is the bite from a tarantula. While the venom will hurt if a human is bitten, it isn't leathal. But the venom can kill dogs and cats. Kind of works the same way with disease and infection.

If you run off into the woods without food, you should have a difficult time finding something to kill and eat.
Did you mean to say shouldn't?

There is plenty of wildlife as it is now. Maybe even too much. We don't need more. If you run off into the woods without food, you should have a difficult time finding something to kill and eat.

Sorry but the woods are way too empty, Everybody knows that the woods are just simply empty with no zombies and hardly any wildlife in them. There needs to be a threat of some sort in the woods. Like people have said before, maybe bears or zombies in the woods. Yes it could be annoying with stuff in the woods but it adds to the survival experience.

• Like 2

add predators in the game like wolves/bears or what ever is native. add zombies to the wood but have it where it is usually one or two stray zombies walking around. well it could be animals are carriers so if you kill an animal you have a chance of catching the infection and dieing, the infection doesn't have to physically effect the animal in any way but could kill the player if they eat the tainted meat.

incredibly rare predators would be cool i.e 2x bears on chernarus that only spawn on restart.

the infected animal idea does not fit the game though.

in terms of the current animal level there is plenty.

I like the idea of infected wildlife, and more normal ones as well. What about pack of wolves or dogs.

Hell yeah, skyrim-style wildlife would rock. Escaped from zombies, panting, lying prone in the woods, only to have 4 wolves jumping and growling at you. Priceless.

As for number 2. I really don't think infected wildlife fit into the current situation the DayZ world is in. A lot of people could tell you, just because something is deadly for humans, that doesn't make it deadly for animals. The easiest thing I can think of is the bite from a tarantula. While the venom will hurt if a human is bitten, it isn't leathal. But the venom can kill dogs and cats. Kind of works the same way with disease and infection.

I have to disagree on both points. A sprawling forest should be full of critters. And if a disease is deadly enough to wipe out the human race, you can bet animals won't fair well with it. Our dna is too close to that of other mammals.