Everytime I seem to finally gather good weapons, a map, and some meds I happen to have a run in with a douche. I never fire, I just type in direct friendly and walk away from them, every single time I've died. I'm looking for a group of people who want to play together and if necessary hunt down bandits. I am also interested in starting a group so please post if you are looking for someone to paly wwith, or already ahve a group. Whatever the case there is power in numbers, and I'd really like to finally get a vehicle operational.

Though I dont like to shoot on site, their are other options which you can take.

Possibly hide better, make sure your hidden before confirming you are there. Dont say anything at all maybe?

Everytime I seem to finally gather good weapons, a map, and some meds I happen to have a run in with a douche. I never fire, I just type in direct friendly and walk away from them, every single time I've died. I'm looking for a group of people who want to play together and if necessary hunt down bandits. I am also interested in starting a group so please post if you are looking for someone to paly wwith, or already ahve a group. Whatever the case there is power in numbers, and I'd really like to finally get a vehicle operational.

FAIL. I agree with you. im sick of bandits. But honestly. this game is based around "TRUST NO BODY"

You start building a group and get that one thing someone likes and they will kill you for it.

didnt you ever see the youtube videos "dayz IRL"?

• Like 1

You know, most Bandits are actually just players playing together to collect supplies. I see more teamwork among bandits than I ever have with carebear survivors.

I just hate being the one to ruin another's hard work and tiem spent. I lsot a character todya with well over 8 hours of time put into and I died becuase soem asshole decided he wanted my shit. I work to hard and would ahte to do the same to another player thus why I don't feel like shotting at another person, especially because msot of the time the opposing person is not looking for a fight.

I gather the OP must be slow on the uptake to have not figured out by now that you shoot first ask questions later.

Don't get discouraged. Shit happens, but it happens most often around cherno and electro. Try heading north and looting lower population areas. If you find yourself in the north east, ill give you my map, watch, plenty of meds and even my AK.

PvP/bandits add a huge amount to the game, you just have to learn how to survive around them. I've been playing for months now and have been PKed twice and commuted zero murders myself. Yet I run into population centers all the time to stock up on meds and to supplies. You just need to ask yourself why you got killed and how, next time, you.can avoid that situation.

Don't get discouraged. Shit happens, but it happens most often around cherno and electro. Try heading north and looting lower population areas. If you find yourself in the north east, ill give you my map, watch, plenty of meds and even my AK.

PvP/bandits add a huge amount to the game, you just have to learn how to survive around them. I've been playing for months now and have been PKed twice and commuted zero murders myself. Yet I run into population centers all the time to stock up on meds and to supplies. You just need to ask yourself why you got killed and how, next time, you.can avoid that situation.

You seem like a very nice player, but why would you give them your AK? That's a stupid move really. Or well, I shouldn't say stupid but in any case my friend received a shit load of gear from somebody and he just shot him afterwards. I almost shouted "The fuq are you doing?! He was friendly and he gave you so much?" at him for doing so and he just said "Well, I don't know. I wanted to try it. And it's so easy to be an asshole in this game. You can't get flamed afterwards because he doesn't even know my name and there's no general chat"

I just sighed at him but he had a point. But still. I've been killed so many times from assholes but this one time was the worst when I had made my way north, just to find my friend and just before I get to my friend, this guy enters the same building as my friend and shoots him in the leg so he can't move. He then kills some zombies that he aggroed and hears me coming so he starts camping until I show up. He shoots me on sight and then my friend gets killed too.

Kill or be killed, its really not that hard of a concept. Used to be exactly like you, now I'm a bandit and I kill everyone that I see.

Ha! I have one story for you guys - yesterday i was a bit bored and i thought it might be funny to run around in Cherno/Elektro, seeing how fast i can equip myself and NOT trying to shoot other survivors/bandits. Everytime i would see another player, i would try to talk over voice with him.

First time i got shot by 2 guys, i had no weapon at all. Second time i found a nice guy in Elektro, we looted about 10 minutes together, until i got shot by a sniper at the Elektro hill. Next time i got shot trying to talk to another survivor...

My last run was hilarious: I spawned in Cherno, looted all the buildings in about 15 minutes, got myself an AK with a M1911 and lots of food/drinks, i decided to head to the Balota Airfield, maybe i will find "another" nice survivor. When i approached the first hangar, i read in the chat "friendly?". I stopped and answered "yes, i'm friendly" over voice. While i was talking, i noticed someone stood behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a survivor behind me. But before i could talk to him, he opened fire at me, i only could scream "DON'T SHOOT I'M FRIEN..." and i was dead. I still don't get why he killed me, i almost thought i found another nice guy.

Edited by mirc00

This is a shoot on sight game. Just learn to deal with it. Get in a clan. Makes things a lot easier. But it also can make things too easy, which can take away from the fear/suspense of this game.

You know, most Bandits are actually just players playing together to collect supplies. I see more teamwork among bandits than I ever have with carebear survivors.

BIG +1

As Hendrix said, kill or be killed. i'm taking no risks, been playing for a while now and I learnt you can't trust anyone! I'm currrently on my longest run n I've got a pretty good gun. I do try to avoid all confrontation by hiding if I spot a player and taking my time when entering towns. I've killed a few others but mainly to save my own skin. Never for the sake of it, but... never say never.

heading straight inland to the small towns, definatly prolongs your lifespan. Cherno and electro are death traps.

• Like 1

Just learn to deal with it, i hate trees more than bandits anyway they kill me more but anyway.

I like doing the Cherno/Elektro speed runs and i have no care about zombies since i just spawned so i'm the idiot running full speed through Cherno just to make it quicker. Heading inland is easier than going to the cities, running to Vybor from Kamenka nets a few Supermarkets on the way to get food and survival tools anyway.

And if you don't want to kill people. One thing that is more fun than just sniping someone from a distance is placing a shot right next to them and watching them freak out through your scope for the next 10 minutes.

I said I wouldn't murder people for their gear but I succumbed last night when playing with friends that were on a fresh start.

Came across two people near the bolata airfield so I popped them so friends could equip themselves, it was surprising easy but felt a little guilty.

While i was talking, i noticed someone stood behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a survivor behind me. But before i could talk to him, he opened fire at me, i only could scream "DON'T SHOOT I'M FRIEN..." and i was dead. I still don't get why he killed me, i almost thought i found another nice guy.

Obviously he saw your AK.

Edited by Ivanuvo

You seem like a very nice player, but why would you give them your AK? That's a stupid move really. Or well, I shouldn't say stupid but in any case my friend received a shit load of gear from somebody and he just shot him afterwards. I almost shouted "The fuq are you doing?! He was friendly and he gave you so much?" at him for doing so and he just said "Well, I don't know. I wanted to try it. And it's so easy to be an asshole in this game. You can't get flamed afterwards because he doesn't even know my name and there's no general chat"

I just sighed at him but he had a point. But still. I've been killed so many times from assholes but this one time was the worst when I had made my way north, just to find my friend and just before I get to my friend, this guy enters the same building as my friend and shoots him in the leg so he can't move. He then kills some zombies that he aggroed and hears me coming so he starts camping until I show up. He shoots me on sight and then my friend gets killed too.

I know that someone might just shoot me any way, it's part of things. I still choose to play with humanity. All I can lose is gear, and the feeling I get from helping strangers, plus those tense moments during the interaction, are totally worth it.

I'd part with my AK because I rarely use it. I've got a hatchet for zombies and a pistol if I need a little range. Guns are everywhere, if you look around a bit.

• Like 2

I love Bandits!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bandit.

I got killed a few times from a Bandit or from someone who assumed that I could be Bandit.

From someone who didn't want to take a risk. But to be honest, DayZ without Bandits would be boring.

Don't you think?

The zombies alone wouldn't be a challenge.

I'm right now on my longest run. I'm counting day number 4. I haven't shot a single bullet on an other survivor so far.

Because I try to avoid to get spotted by someone else.

I aggree with Marik and Survivor-Kyle, this is a shoot on sight game and you have to learn to deal with it some how.

Sometimes I feel the Survivor/Bandits ratio is too unbalanced but this is nothing we can control.

As we said earlier we have to learn how to survive.

Of course, every one is pissed off if when the character get killed. Especially if it took a lot of

time to develop this one but without the risk to lose all in a second I wouldn't play this game for more then a few days.

And I'm playing it now for weeks :-)

• Like 1

bandits being the "population majority" is an illusion.

generated by the fact they roam in large groups and generally make a lot of noise, either with gun fire or by seeking out High population areas to get player kills.

The vast majority of players roam random servers in solo, or 2 man groups, while bandits stick to a single server where they have a massive advantage with stashed gear and even vehicles. This further increases the effect of the "illusion" that you "carebears" are out numbered. You are out gunned, but not out numbered.

bandits being the "population majority" is an illusion.

generated by the fact they roam in large groups and generally make a lot of noise, either with gun fire or by seeking out High population areas to get player kills.

The vast majority of players roam random servers in solo, or 2 man groups, while bandits stick to a single server where they have a massive advantage with stashed gear and even vehicles. This further increases the effect of the "illusion" that you "carebears" are out numbered. You are out gunned, but not out numbered.

...this.

Not all Carebears are out gunned. Look at RMG and Treeside Trade Co. Both fit the criteria as being Carebears, and both are MASSIVELY organized and capable of high-profile defensive actions.

I'd argue that most of the solo survivors out there, the ones who get gunned down, get upset, and complain here on the forums, are not really carebears (because they'd gun down another player if they had a chance and motive). Carebears are the ones who go out of their way to help other players and organized carebears enjoy the challenge that organized bandits present.

You can't be a carebear without be heavily armed.

Otherwise you don't take care for yourself :D.

I take care with not less then 250 rounds but usually more for a side arm and 2 rifles. One with thermal sight.

I'm a carebear :thumbsup: and you don't want to meet me.

Edited by Franz

The guy that just wanted your gear wanted to 'survive' more than you did. 'Survivors' walk away from any encounter still breathing.

I run with a group of 6-7 people. Yesterday we found a hatchet-wielding newb in Chero and outfitted him with some food, an AKM, and a sidearm. He somehow lost us as we headed towards Balota, and five minutes later we saw "Squirbo has died." on screen. Some people just don't have what it takes to survive...

Edited by TolEressea