SilverTrimm

Truth Time Rockett

TRUTH TIME

This MOD is almost 80% done (You noticed wood floats, others will build a boat)

This is a MOD, not a stand alone game. Rockett I know you want to turn this into a stand alone but its not going to happen. Your development is slow. When your in mid beta another developer with a lot more funds and resources will announce a project like this. You must understand this; yet you act like you have all the time in the world.

DayZ is nothing more then a slow call of duty with more players camping the map (The game is drowning in shallow game play and poor community)

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players! The high end gear is not needed for anything in the game. The AK that spawns in the police station makes you strong enough to sit in one spot and wait for a person with better gear to run by not seeing you; as you shoot him in his back and loot him. With in 20 mins you can beat this game. With in 20 mins you realize your playing 10% of ArmA and the Zombies are just a joke to get you to play this game (Assuming your zombie fans)

This is a fun game, unless you want more (then its just frustrating)

Rockett I think you made a short fun game. Players will enjoy this game and won't even understand why. I wish you just sat down with a pen and paper prior to starting this. I hate that your game has no direction and I wonder if you will be able to figure out what are the things it needs to survive! I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

#1 Problem - You thought it would be "cool" to let 15-22 year old to make the rules themselves and like there parents you didn't put in a consequence for bad behavior.

#1 Answer - I know, do you? You had the bandit thing almost right; but missed on the programming triggers of it by a mile.

Firstly, it is spelt "Rocket".

Secondly, I'm not even going to dignify this thread with a proper reply. What makes you think you deserve to know the "truth" when you don't even give me the common courtesy of spelling my (rather simple) name correctly.

• Like 11

TRUTH TIME

This is a MOD, not a stand alone game. Rockett I know you want to turn this into a stand alone but its not going to happen. Your development is slow. When your in mid beta another developer with a lot more funds and resources will announce a project like this. You must understand this; yet you act like you have all the time in the world.

DayZ is nothing more then a slow call of duty with more players camping the map (The game is drowning in shallow game play and poor community)

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players! The high end gear is not needed for anything in the game. The AK that spawns in the police station makes you strong enough to sit in one spot and wait for a person with better gear to run by not seeing you; as you shoot him in his back and loot him. With in 20 mins you can beat this game. With in 20 mins you realize your playing 10% of ArmA and the Zombies are just a joke to get you to play this game (Assuming your zombie fans)

Rockett I think you made a short fun game. Players will enjoy this game and won't even understand why. I wish you just sat down with a pen and paper prior to starting this. I hate that your game has no direction and I wonder if you will be able to figure out what are the things it needs to survive! I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

#1 Problem - You thought it would be "cool" to let 15-22 year old to make the rules themselves and like there parents you didn't put in a consequence for bad behavior.

#1 Answer - I know, do you? You had the bandit thing almost right; but missed on the programming triggers of it by a mile.

If you don't want a sandbox game, then please get the hell out of the kitchen.

It's one thing to have an actual criticism of the game, but this is more like saying 'rocket, you made a game that is exactly what you intended it to be in scope and purpose but I don't like it personally and want a carebear game so you should start over'.

Fuck off.

TRUTH TIME

You're a fucking moron

• Like 1

This thread gave me a good laugh. Beans for everyone except the obvious troll.

Wow... haven't seen this thread before. OK.

-No

-Please show me a game slash mod that is on par with Dayz which you have made before you decide to educate a developer about making a game slash mod

-He has all the time in the world. Believe me. Tesco branded wheatabix is never as good as the actual wheatabix.

-This game is the polar opposite of Call of Duty. Forget Dayz, try to play the original Arma 2. You will see profound differences.

-You're doing looting wrong mate.

-Finally, what the fuck do you know? Were you there with 'Rockett' (as you spell it) when he made this mod? No.

Good luck on your game. Seriously. I can't wait to play it and laugh.

/firstforumrantover.

Every time I have to read a comment like the OP, I kill ten noobs and imagine it's him. Tears of arrogance and retard, mmmmm.

Retarded OP.

(signed up just to say that)

Firstly, it is spelt "Rocket".

Secondly, I'm not even going to dignify this thread with a proper reply. What makes you think you deserve to know the "truth" when you don't even give me the common courtesy of spelling my (rather simple) name correctly.

Take my Beans Rocket. Take them and Enjoy them!

Valve announces "DayZ 2"!

EDIT: I hope people are gettingmy Dota2 reference...

would be awesome^^

but remember it took IceFrog 6 years of "mod alpha" to get his game into stand alone development ^^

Say what you want but there's defently some truth in the OP. Also, this community turned upside down in the past two months. "Bye-gtfo-you won't be missed?" What the fuck is this COD forum?

Sorry.. where was the bit about 'truth'.. i seemed to miss that bit in the OP post. Maybe someone can point it out to me.

15 - 22 year olds.. lol

i guess this is when the kid started gaming himself and when he plans to retire by and be bigger and better than games by .. ?

Arma is full of old cunts. Just so you know.

Direction sucks. Any direction. Sandbox, bitch.

This was a nice wall of troll attempt op. There is no truth in your post just lots of QQ. Please, never post again. Gracias.

You have to remember this is still an Alpha and comments like this do help... a lot, yes you came over like a fool, but looking past that you do make some good points.

You have to remember his doing this completely of his own back for non-profit, his giving us what we want and that's an open world sandbox game that has no storyline to it and no real direction apart from survival and too me that is everything I need in a game, the thrill of finding your first ever weapon, seeing your first player, making your first kill or getting destroyed by zombies.... playing the nice guy then getting shot in the back 10 minutes later...the list goes on, this is a SANDBOX game and its designed to be just that.

Yes some things need to be improved on and other things need to stay the same, you shouldn't take this game (or any for that matter) too seriously because they are just games but serious enough to make it entertaining and enjoyable.

I agree with the whole camping [FUCKING CAMPERS!] thing but all games have it and it is something you have to deal with so DEAL WITH IT! if you don't like it, don't go to Elektro and Cherno earn your short DayZ life in smaller towns if you want more a challenge

Anyway just have fun is all I am trying to say :)

AJ

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, so I'll just stay quiet.

Hey Silvertrimm,

Haven't heard from you in awile! I bet you're busy, so I won't take too much of your time.

Just wondering what to expect from our weekly Project Quarantine update.

Site up yet? Hired a concept artist for some early concepts?

Is there a Kickstarter going where we might contribute?

Help us out, man. We're all on the edge of our seats for your DayZ killer.

As a professional developer... the speed of development for this mod factoring in Rockett working for a living and doing it on his own time is truly astonishing.

I'll put money on you knowing fuck all about development :)

Edited by Zutha

I'm thinking, and this is mostly directed at the moderators:

As DayZ keep growing, we know for a fact that a large portion of the customer base is gonna be people who buy into it for all the wrong reasons.

It's the next big thing, their friends talk about it etc. They're gonna expect a themepark, they have no idea what the premises are for DayZ etc. And they're bound to come here and clutter up this forum with inane irrelevant blabber, the entitlement raging routine etc. And people are gonna respond to them and not in a nice way. (Guilty as charged)

Must it really be like this? Can't we move all these posts to somewhere else so that we can focus on something important?

Edited by Quale

I will msg you when I can with the details. No plans for it to be as pretty as this game, but then again; it will be our game :)

Maybe you should try other forums for "Grooming".

Edited by HULL_CREATURE

The funny thing is..He won't understand..Neither his team..I'v only met 1 person which was a global forum moderator...She/he actually took responsability to lock down my thread..The other idiots YES YOU ROCKETT.Let it kept...it's funny how they said to stop posting since i was the one who kept it alive...They said "Stop posting and let your thread die"

When i saw that..I already knew that this game OR MOD is not even going to get close to be a standalone game..With poor community team and development..as i said...theyr a joke..and so is this mod.