SilverTrimm

Truth Time Rockett

Wow you're as bad as the people you were complaining about, way to be a complete and utter tool.

I know, I feel like I need to set it on fire so it's noticed. What else am I to do? I have all the loots!

Goodluck with your mod bro, Love to know what engine you will use that can support such large maps, and equally large amounts of players. I think by the time you overcome that monumental hurdle, and release your amazing dogshit mod ill be kicking back playing DayZ on ArmA3 tech...

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR.

Your = Possession?

You're = You are replacement

Don't get me started on English. <3 meeting English majors. I loose at the start but by the end; they feel like the wasted there money

When I type your and there, I always use this spelling. I know it's wrong of me and I should be a better example to my children. There I go, responding to a 1 liner :)

Lose.*

Their.*

You missed a period. Better get that checked out, you might be pregnant with another child who can't use punctuation or protection.

• Like 1

You should learn the correct use of your and you're. Just saying.

There, they're and their also.

Clearly an example of a child that was left behind.

When I type your and there, I always use this spelling. I know it's wrong of me and I should be a better example to my children. There I go, responding to a 1 liner :)

Are you serious? You are a father?

You obviously missed the point of my post....because your so fucking brilliant. Congradulations

because your so fucking brilliant.

because your so

because your

your

Mmmk buddy

There, they're and their also.

Clearly an example of a child that was left behind.

I didn't read him use they're so I felt no need to mention it.

I played Dayz for a while, then got bored with the amount of people who kill for no reason.

Its alright though as when the game is out of testing(alpha Beta) and in full release their will be no restrictions on what server operators can do and their will be plenty of servers running no player kill rules under threat of ban.

So dont worry you will be able to play your way too and not be forced to play the way the pvp players want.

In fact people will be shocked at how many of these servers will exist when the mod is released fully.

^

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Good one, those servers'll get shut down. Do some of you come here and just post without paying attention to any of Rocket's interviews/personal philosophy? He is the antithesis of your gay carebear play. go fucking buy l4d2 or something

Edited by Ywain

^

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Good one, those servers'll get shut down. Do some of you come here and just post without paying attention to any of Rocket's interviews/personal philosophy? He is the antithesis of your gay carebear play. go fucking buy l4d2 or something

Had to-

Or what? What can do he? Blacklist a server? He can't even stop hackers from nuking the game! This isn't WoW where the code to make everything word is locked away on the server. If he REALLY wanted to protect his game, he would have to run his own servers and hide his code so it couldn't be reversed. Kinda NOT what he is doing now eh?

Understand the type of game this is, All the triggers are already done. When you fall off a ladder after climbing; its ARMAs fault.. Not DayZ/Rocketts. The only thing the server is doing is providing the AI and sending/receiving data

The fact that you said he is an "antithesis" about something clearly shows your just following a crowd. MSNBC teach you that word? <- my 1liner of nothingness

Also this fucking map is way to big. The lack of vehs make me cry. Why have a 250km squared zone if most people don't leave the bottom half. BTW Internet is still the main problem with having big maps and many people.

WAAAAH, I PURCHASED ARMA 2 FOR THIRTY BUCKS AND THEN FOUND OUT THAT THIS GAME WASN'T CASUAL ENOUGH FOR ME!!!

Translated to English for everyone else.

Do you only care about gear?The thing of the game is bringing a feeling of you NEED food you NEED water.It also brings in the element of team play with your group (if you're in one) if all you care about is the best gear go back to Call of Duty.

I quite like DayZ.

I've been playing different mods made for OFP/ArmA/ArmAII/OA + expansions+Islands+units and anything else you could throw at me for a good while.

This mod has that little something extra that makes the difference, in my humble opinion.

I don't see where lies the problem !

I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

It's been a week, SilverTrimm. Time for our weekly update, no?

Any luck transcribing any of these notes or design plans into an electronic format so we in the community can review and comment?

Any concept art?

A forum where we might discuss Project Quarantine's progress?

I'm sure you're very busy so I don't want to bother you too much. Just let us know. Any little bit will keep our appetites whet, no doubt!

If not, I'll see you again in 7 days.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I see the problem as follows: DayZ was started as a Mod that was not meant to be famous, incredibly popular, or a stand alone game. DayZ become hughly popular fast and unexpectedly. All people playing think that DayZ is going to be this game or that game when finished. Everyone has different ideas of what this totally awesome game will be "when finished."

DayZ creator says "holy shit, I was just building a mod with no intent of making this game or that game, or having replayability or in depth mechanics, just a mod. but now it is popular so I will go forth and make this totally awesome game." However, since there was no intent to make this game or that game, it ends up just being tweaked and fiddled with because there is no "plan" on where it is going.

People defend game until gradually people leave (as OP) because they realize it is not the game they imagined and is not going to be, it is always going to be what it is now, because there was never a plan to build that game in your head.

• Like 1

Here, 2 for you :)

Check out the DayZ abortion pill http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/19/the-war-z-announced-zombie-survival-shooter-mmo-with-strong-parallels-to-day-z/

Trigger ran client side: Player is "target" of shooting disables trigger to change into a bandit. (So when you shoot me, and miss! I can return fire with out becoming a bandit. Ran Client side so prone to cheats, but will stop the majority of bandit survivors.. WarZ has it; why doesn't DayZ? Because THIS is hard.

Let you know what other "ground braking" shit we think up :) Or what we take from bad mods with good things

the funny thing is that there was a lot of zombie games like this before DayZ was out and all these games together wasn't as popular as DayZ.

Left 4 Dead has sold multiple millions of copies. So far this mod is up to 750K.

WarZ has it

WarZ doesn't have anything, dude.

WarZ is a couple screenshots. And not even in-game ones; concept art mocked up by some mediocre concept artist.

But this thread isn't about WarZ.

It's about your project.

The one you promised us.

Don't change the subject, please.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

TRUTH TIME

This MOD is almost 80% done (You noticed wood floats, others will build a boat)

This is a MOD, not a stand alone game. Rockett I know you want to turn this into a stand alone but its not going to happen. Your development is slow. When your in mid beta another developer with a lot more funds and resources will announce a project like this. You must understand this; yet you act like you have all the time in the world.

DayZ is nothing more then a slow call of duty with more players camping the map (The game is drowning in shallow game play and poor community)

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players! The high end gear is not needed for anything in the game. The AK that spawns in the police station makes you strong enough to sit in one spot and wait for a person with better gear to run by not seeing you; as you shoot him in his back and loot him. With in 20 mins you can beat this game. With in 20 mins you realize your playing 10% of ArmA and the Zombies are just a joke to get you to play this game (Assuming your zombie fans)

This is a fun game, unless you want more (then its just frustrating)

Rockett I think you made a short fun game. Players will enjoy this game and won't even understand why. I wish you just sat down with a pen and paper prior to starting this. I hate that your game has no direction and I wonder if you will be able to figure out what are the things it needs to survive! I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

#1 Problem - You thought it would be "cool" to let 15-22 year old to make the rules themselves and like there parents you didn't put in a consequence for bad behavior.

#1 Answer - I know, do you? You had the bandit thing almost right; but missed on the programming triggers of it by a mile.

your faith, participation, and endorsement aren't needed, so i think we're good here.

Threads like this are the reason most people don't bother with forums.

Rocket has said he needs to add more content. So the only problem is that people want it now.

Edited by Jing

Watch out guys, he has TWO NOTE BOOKS full of design plans.

Well I am not going to post in this anymore because I have yet to see a real conversation starter. One liners from the generation of kids who got awards when they showed up.

Yet you continued to post multiple times with your own pithy one liners. Sorry, but any message you wanted to get across in your original post has long been forgotten. The only thing people will remember from this thread is you being an immature hypocrite.

Edited by wombat2