Sign in to follow this  
frankiebeans

Sometimes it is more fun to get killed than to survive

I have to preface this with saying how much I love playing lone wolf-style survival style. I enjoy just moving from town to town on my own and just trying to last as long as possible.

That being said, occasionally after I lose a multi-day character, I just want to fuck about and have some fun. A great way to do that is to head into a major town (usually Cherno) and gather up an Enfield with massive amounts of ammo, a sidearm, a bigger pack to store more ammo/supplies. Head to a location where I can funnel zombies and just start firing away. This of course draws the attention of everyone in town, as well as all of the zombies. The best way is to find a place that you can climb a ladder to, and tag zombies from pretty far away.

Of course, eventually someone will shoot me, and that's totally fine with me. I just want to see how many zombies I can kill in the middle of Cherno/Elektro, without using any form of stealth before someone kills me.

Today, I got up to 82 zombie kills before a player got me. I don't kill players unless I have to (sans one time), but I just think of it as my own "wave" style gameplay. Plus, whenever someone kills me, they can loot my body for tons of supplies and ammo, so it's kind of a win-win.

Do any of you have any sort of "mini-games" that you play solo or with friends?

• Like 5

I'm glad to see their is someone out there who has a mindset like this.

• Like 1

I love surviving as long as I can. I don't necessarily "enjoy" dying, but if I die honorably in a firefight with my pals by my side, what more can I ask for. This game, (to me) is about making the most out of a life you know without a sliver of a doubt will end at ANY second.

So if I have an adrenaline racing last fire-fight... I'm a happy mother fucker.

• Like 3

I'm glad to see their is someone out there who has a mindset like this.

Hell yeah. I love the vanilla game just as much as everyone else, but occasionally it's nice to take a break from the more serious survival aspect, and just have some fun at my own expense.

At times I can get a sense of relief from dying. Off the paranoia train, at least until I finish the initial gear up. Then its back on. :)

I don't mind dying every now and again it does make the game seem more fun when you restart, Not looking over your shoulder every five seconds, The mini game I will often do is throw cans near prone players to scare them lol.

I do agree. Plus if death is going to happen I just accept it.

Strangely, I found the times when I just risked it all and ran into a town have been the most rewarding. The other morning I ran into Cherno. It was quite empty since it was early and no one was around. I found a Enfield rifle and just sat on the roof of the fire station picking zombies off. Then I grabbed some gear. I was expecting to die any moment but I've found I've been surviving quite well. It it all started in a stupid risk!

Me and a couple other friends decided to play the trust game. I'd be sniping zeds on the roof of the town hall in elektro and the other 2 were mindlessly shootIng the zeds my sniping attracted. This was at night and we lit the town up with flares.

The hope was the bring in players to see the Rukis and we could befriend them, or shoot them if they fired at us.

Not much happened, but it was a nice idea that I think we'll be trying again.

I love surviving as long as I can. I don't necessarily "enjoy" dying, but if I die honorably in a firefight with my pals by my side, what more can I ask for. This game, (to me) is about making the most out of a life you know without a sliver of a doubt will end at ANY second.

So if I have an adrenaline racing last fire-fight... I'm a happy mother fucker.

Yes! I'm glad someone else thinks like this. I have absolutely no problem with dying, and losing my gear, as long as it is an epic death. :P

Some of the funniest moments I've had involved my death. Like the time I tried to crawl up the NWAF firestation stairs with a broken leg, desperately needing the morphine for my buddy who had just broke his leg closing a door in the barracks. Then falling backwards down the stairs and dying. Hilarity!

I also really enjoy the initial set up from a fresh start. That mad run into cherno, trying to grab all you can and get out before you get killed by player or zombie.

As for "minigames" I currently try to avoid civilisation entirely. Drinking from lakes, hunting for food, and avoiding expending ammo whenever possible. On day 7 and It's oddly relaxing!

You are right - some of the most enjoyable times are to be had at Respawn where you have nothing to lose. I found a hatchet once and tried to see how many Zeds i could take out before being killed. Ran into Elektro and had a ball. Got about 40 odd before i broke my leg.

I even saw one gun toting player in a building run away from me. Either because of the Zombie train i had behind me or just because there is something unsettling about an axe wielding maniac running your way.

Its good to mix up your playing style.

• Like 1

me and my friend usually do something similiar. if we both end up dying, we just run into elektro or cherno and try to find a weapon or 2 so we can hunt for other bandits/survivors who hopefully have more than we do. if you die, oh well, you didn't have much anyway.

• Like 1