deadzen

Staing alive. But how "old" are you?

How "old" are you.

How do you manage to keep that life?

How do you check your ingame life span?

I've been alive for a while, got a nice camp, loads of items and weaponry.

Solo is the best way for me to stay alive and i help friends with drinks food and ammo.

But i don't know how long I've lived.

Getting the right survival gear helps be staying alive outside of the cities.

And tents with blood and other survival things also helps.

But how long?

How do i check?

When you log in it tells you where you are and how many days you have been alive.

I think I've been alive 2 days, probably the best I've done so far! I can hunt and have loads of water bottles and have plenty of ammo, so no need to go into the cities.

• Like 2

Every time you join a server and the text comes up saying 'Chernarus' 'nearest town' then it should say 'Day #'

That shows the amount of dayz you've been alive! (see what I did there?)

• Like 1

Cool, thank you guys.

I've apparently been alive for 7 days =)

Old record was maybe 2 days.

I've got a good strategy going!

• Like 1

My last character was alive for 30 minutes. What a life, though.

The longest living character I've had was 5 days old

Edited by LockeDown

i just suicided because i had a female skin and felt like putting on my ghillie suit i had been hauling around for days. (ps: female skins cant change clothes if you didnt know) i was 4 days old, not that i care at all. tent+suicide = sex change.

• Like 1

42 days.

Playing it safe as fuck. I only ever entered Berezino once and got all of the gadgets I'd ever need in the supermarket. Sticking to raiding barns, deerstands, and sheds may sound boring to some (it isn't to me) but it keeps you alive.

• Like 3

Just brutally ended my 20 day old character's life in a desperate effort to get my stuff back. Needless to say, I failed (but managed to take my (his?) stuff back). So, 20 days but technically, 20 days and an hour.

Just clocked up a good few days with a buddy. We have been keeping each other alive and watching backs. However, we made the mistake of hesitating when we spotted a another player with a gun

who didnt respond to freindly hails. He had a hidden back up and it ended in bloodshed. Exciting, but daft and frustrating at the same time. We all could of lived and walked away.

Still it was a good session and bodes well for the game that it can envoke such much emotion.

( by the way, if that was you who took us out today ( we managed to take out you freind while we were downed ) then you do realise you have created a murdering bastard now? my freind is livid!)

• Like 1

I was at 15 days yesterday, but ended up getting killed. I ran back to my body and got my stuff, so I've really lost nothing but my kill count.

2 weeks or something, roaming around Cherno and Elektro hunting bandits with a Lee Enfield (Who needs military grade weapons? I never even wanted them.) so I don't get too bored. Else I would just live of the land with my matches, hunting knife, water bottle and hatchet.

I am currently 9 days so far, i played it safe up until day 5 when i got bored of hiding in deer stands and fields and now playing life a little more on the edge. So far i've had successful solo ventures into NWAF barracks, Heli crash sites and the Stary military tents on various occasions for nothing more than than kicks, no murders to my name but thats only down to 3 different bandits rage-logging when i have heavily injured them after trying to track me from the above locations. I do have 400 zombie kills to my name though :)

Before patch 1.7.2, I was on day 31. Haven't logged in since then. Private servers can be such fun :lol:

I play safe either alone or in a large group. I rather avoid firefights then start one. No rushing into towns. Never been to NW after i got all the gear i 'needed'. Usually i play duo. Small enough to stealth, large enough to use basic tactics. We hoarded vehicles, i flew choppers, now im just roaming the wilds hoping to find highend tentcities (and dispose of them after i looted ammo/food).

Edited by chilled

17 years. I've been playing it safe, mostly camping at home infront of my computer. Might try to raid my neighbors house though.

don't forget to loot their daughter!!

• Like 1

2 weeks or something, roaming around Cherno and Elektro hunting bandits with a Lee Enfield (Who needs military grade weapons? I never even wanted them.) so I don't get too bored. Else I would just live of the land with my matches, hunting knife, water bottle and hatchet.

Lee enfield has VERY high damage.

It is a very dangerous weapon because you can find ammo for it everywhere and the damage is above 12.000 points (makarov 2.000 or something and military weapons are some of them 8.000 points)

Lee-Enfield is a one shot kill even at 500m. Its <3

Its my weapon of choice when respawning.

On day 11 here been across the map twice avoiding elektro and cherno only went to NW airfield once and completely avoided stary, getting abit bored now to be honest I like the starting out madness :lol:

Average life span would be about 6 hours if the game wasn't riddled with 10,000 bugs.

Finally died last night… though I have to say it was rather amusing way to go out. I found a hatchback with no wheels, scouted the nearby towns and was quite surprised how quickly I was able to find 4 of them + a jerry can (1.5 hrs of zombie train killing fun in barns), after getting it moving I then set about picking up one of my mates in Cherno, as I approach Cherno I am thrown from the car after it appears I hit a tree in the road.. but there was no tree in the road, so a game bug threw me from the car and repositioned the car in a tree, cool.

Anyway, my mate made it down from the roof of the building he was recon sniping from and dragged me to safety, as he had no epi-pen we sat waiting for my concussion to pass which felt like it took forever as we sat watching the car hopeful that nobody spotted it. Concussion over we approach the car and my mate who has never driven one before gets in and says, hey this thing is all red and we need industrial buildings for parts, let’s check over there as I didn’t see any other snipers… “ok” I reply, so we head into to the busiest part of Cherno off road in a hatchback, getting outran by zombies doing 2mph :-D we finally pull up at the Industrial building some 50 meters and 10 minutes later with another tow of zombies, as we’re seasoned fps gamers from CS and Quake they prove little resistance and we quickly set about looting the Industrial zone we’re now in. It’s evident from the first look in the building is littered with the equipment we need, some huge looking part I can’t remember the name of, windscreen glass, an exhaust, boom jackpot. As I am piling it in the boot I hear a round fire off and the next thing my screen goes black, headshot – you are dead, gutted. My mate now moves to the top of the building to scope the horizon with his AS50, he spots the guy but doesn’t shoot instead waiting to lure him out to my dead body, fortunately I get an Airfield respawn 1km away just down the road and I am already ¾ of the way back before the sniper pops his head out again, which was the last thing he ever should have remembered, as you’d imagine a 200m AS50 headshot would surely be your swift end? No it seems, but our mistake was not checking for the confirmed kill before we both loot my body at speed before getting in to the car to drive off into the sunset.

I get in the driver seat and start moving off at an impressive 2mph, then boom a huge explosion and we’re flung from the car. It seems Mr sniper has hit the vehicle with what I can assume was a 50cal rifle and blown it to pieces, leaving us both with minimal blood, concussion and effectively killing us again, at this point we decide to die, respawn and go lick our wounds and head back to camp!

So my nine day run came to an end but rather than arse about in fields staying alive and without committing any murders or having much fun, I had a blast in Cherno and went out with a boom!

To the sniper, I’d love to know how you survived a 200m headshot but happy looting all the same, I had some quality shit in my inventory :)

Yes yes its TLDR, but it was only yesterday i was loving life on page 1 and wanted to share my story.

Edited by raw
  • Like 1