omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Controversial Topic: BANDITRY IS DEAD.

If immature, ignorant guys, who don't understand this game, don't fly off, it will never change. They think it's a fking DM. (Where is this sniper coward again...)

1. You can't be wrong in a sandbox; hate murders? Hunt them. Want people to get robbed? Go try robbing some people yourself stop waiting around for the game to give you experiences, in a game like DayZ you have to make or find them yourself.

2. Until Rocket and co. fix server hopping and alt-f4 we won't see any decent emergent behavior for the most part.

On that last point, it is currently killing the game. We did have a 57 page topic on the matter on the announcements forum; alas an admin has now locked it with a bullshit post about "we don't want the server admins to hand out bans", wow no shit. It almost like he didn't read even a single page out of the 57 available. Rocket and the team promised to fix this in May as a priority and now they won't even reassure the community that they are keen to fix it. Hell I'd even be happy with them saying "this is really hard to do in the engine we are working with, give us a while guys" but no; locked threads and a complete lack of direct responses since late may.

alt-f4 is destroying DayZ OP, until it is gone just enjoy the ride when you can.

If immature, ignorant guys, who don't understand this game, don't fly off, it will never change. They think it's a fking DM. (Where is this sniper coward again...)

You realize you could apply this same logic to yourself, correct? Calling someone a coward because he decides to be a sniper is pretty immature.

Even though I don't believe the game has truly degraded into a deathmatch ( nor would I honestly want it to ) - what of it? Why is he any more wrong or right than you are to play the game in that manner? If he wants to kill every person he sees, that's his right just as its yours to elect not to.

1. You can't be wrong in a sandbox; hate murders? Hunt them. Want people to get robbed? Go try robbing some people yourself stop waiting around for the game to give you experiences, in a game like DayZ you have to make or find them yourself.

2. Until Rocket and co. fix server hopping and alt-f4 we won't see any decent emergent behavior for the most part.

On that last point, it is currently killing the game. We did have a 57 page topic on the matter on the announcements forum; alas an admin has now locked it with a bullshit post about "we don't want the server admins to hand out bans", wow no shit. It almost like he didn't read even a single page out of the 57 available. Rocket and the team promised to fix this in May as a priority and now they won't even reassure the community that they are keen to fix it. Hell I'd even be happy with them saying "this is really hard to do in the engine we are working with, give us a while guys" but no; locked threads and a complete lack of direct responses since late may.

alt-f4 is destroying DayZ OP, until it is gone just enjoy the ride when you can.

I don't honestly believe that Alt-f4 is 'destroying DayZ', but it's definitely detrimental to the game integrity. I think you're being a shade overly dramatic - what makes this game great is player interaction, both good and bad, and the emotions you derive from these interactions. Boiling everything down to Alt-F4 is to discount everything else this game truly offers.

I know that most of you have managed to kill another player in this game, at some point - whether he was a bandit or a noob. Obviously SOME people aren't alt-f4'ing. Is it a game-breaking mechanic? Yes, absolutely. Will it get fixed? I think so. Is it 'destroying' the game? Only if you let it for you.

• Like 1

All in all this rampant mass murdering, hacking and, Alt+F4'ing is just an extention of the current mind set of most gamers. We see people exploiting any and all fair and unfair advantages in any game with multiplayer, camping, glitching, hacks, etc. Why would things be any different in DayZ. Sure the game has a few exploits, but it doesnt mean people have to use them. But like anything in life, if its available to be used for an advantage then it will be. Many but not all, Gamers that choose to not use what we view as cheap or unsavory tactics like exploits, evetually and often take the can't beat'em, join'em route after being screw by others out of legitimate gaming expirences enough times. It's only natural that these exploits are used like a feature so often because humans much like electricity always try to find the path of least resistance. So You can't blame them for being cheap, when it's natural to be like that. But at the same time you can blame them for not wanting to rely on their own skill and wanting a deeper and more rewarding expirence by earning their spoils legitimately, though most don't care. You can also blame the game for having the exploits in place but at the same time you can't when most of them are unforseen in development and/or haven't been addressed yet. when it comes to online gaming there is no win, win, scenerio.

Ultimately thought when it comes right down to it, Sadly, You can always patch the game, but you'll never be able to patch the player.

Edited by Mungaloid

not once in almost a month of playing has this ever happened, or have i seen/heard this happen. now, if a bandit wants your stuff, they shoot you, and that's the end of it. where is the ultra-realism that i was promised in this game? this is one of the many videos i watched before buying arma 2 and playing dayz, and i was really excited for this. not that i wanted to be robbed, but i thought that if this kind of stuff happened, then it was definitely a worthwhile experience. now, dayz is STILL a worthwhile experience, and i already recommended it to all of my friends, but it seems like i didn't quite get what i was promised. no more bandits, just mass murderers. so much for realism. (and no, don't say mass murderers are realistic, because in a zombie apocalypse, why would the entire human race wipe each other out, rather than trying to restore the population? why would we just shoot each other point blank?)

First off quit your bitching and stay away from towns that are likely to have people looking to murder people. Instead, why not run north away from these places and gather equipment. I've died once from bandits and that's because I was in Cherno, that was my own fault.

Number two, are you serious with that comment? You'd be one of the first people to die if you thought that in a real zombie apocalypse. When there is a shortage of food, water, medical supplies, medicine, etc people get desperate and do things they wouldn't normally do. People tend to take care of their own needs first in survivalist situation. The only people that wouldn't have to worry would be family members and close friends. If you're a stranger and you have something that family may need to survive, guess what? They're gonna kill you for it. It's you vs. them, your life or their life, it's not hard to chose no matter what action you had to take. It boils down to surviving another day. Watch the Walking Dead.

That is reality and planet earth isn't a utopia. Most of the crazies would be running the world because they would take what they need and then kill the weak like you. They would be repopulating the world just without you in it.

Edited by MaDKroniK

You realize you could apply this same logic to yourself, correct? Calling someone a coward because he decides to be a sniper is pretty immature.

Your are not understanding my point.

I do not say snipers are cowards, I was calling for a CoD-boy who posted a sniper vid in which he killed for no reason. No threat, nothing to loot. (Like noob bashing on the coast, omg guys srsly?)

There is a difference between a bandit and a murderer. Murderers kill for "fun" and bandits kill for gear. I am a bandit. I kill when I think he might have something I want. I take their stuff.

First off quit your bitching and stay away from towns that are likely to have people looking to murder people. Instead, why not run north away from these places and gather equipment. I've died once from bandits and that's because I was in Cherno, that was my own fault.

Number two, are you serious with that comment? You'd be one of the first people to die if you thought that in a real zombie apocalypse. When there is a shortage of food, water, medical supplies, medicine, etc people get desperate and do things they wouldn't normally do. People tend to take care of their own needs first in survivalist situation. The only people that wouldn't have to worry would be family members and close friends. If you're a stranger and you have something that family may need to survive, guess what? They're gonna kill you for it. It's you vs. them, your life or their life, it's not hard to chose no matter what action you had to take. It boils down to surviving another day. Watch the Walking Dead.

That is reality and planet earth isn't a utopia. Most of the crazies would be running the world because they would take what they need and then kill the weak like you. They would be repopulating the world just without you in it.

stop watching the walking dead. and also stop acting like you're such a tough badass, especially since you have a picture of weed as your profile picture.

it seems like banditry is less and less what it should be.

have you ever noticed that people aren't robbing anybody anymore? by this i mean, (i wasn't around for this, but in the past this happened apparently) instead of shooting you for your stuff, the bandits wouldn't kill you, but instead hold you at gunpoint, tell you to drop your stuff, and leave.

take this video for example:

not once in almost a month of playing has this ever happened, or have i seen/heard this happen. now, if a bandit wants your stuff, they shoot you, and that's the end of it. where is the ultra-realism that i was promised in this game? this is one of the many videos i watched before buying arma 2 and playing dayz, and i was really excited for this. not that i wanted to be robbed, but i thought that if this kind of stuff happened, then it was definitely a worthwhile experience. now, dayz is STILL a worthwhile experience, and i already recommended it to all of my friends, but it seems like i didn't quite get what i was promised. no more bandits, just mass murderers. so much for realism. (and no, don't say mass murderers are realistic, because in a zombie apocalypse, why would the entire human race wipe each other out, rather than trying to restore the population? why would we just shoot each other point blank?)

or what's worse than the bandits, is the "abort" button abusers. now, both parties are guilty for the inability to rob someone. if someone's being robbed, what happens? BOOM. alt + F4, they're gone, they go to a new server, they're safe. come on.

some people don't even kill you for your stuff, they just kill you because they want to. take notice; this isn't a complaint post, this is merely a speculation post. i could care less if banditry exists or not, but i think it's sad that we've gone from this ultra-realistic zombie apocalypse with robbers and gangs and all of that to this mindless graveyard. killing someone for their stuff is still messed up, but at least you get SOMETHING out of it, rather than not even bothering with taking their stuff. it's like hunting animals, just for the hell of it. WHY? if you want to hunt things, then go try out this game:

http://www.amazon.co...ds=hunting

homocidal players, please stop. if you kill someone, the very least you could do is take their stuff, rather than kill them for no reason. if someone does a robbery at gunpoint, good for you. i haven't seen this. good for you for wanting someone's stuff, but not being so demented that you'll blast them in the face because "it's a game and there are no consequences" yeah? well make up your own consequences.

yes, we all f***ing get it that there is no consequence for player killing. i already said that, non-post-readers. the point is that we should return to the way things were, where this kind of douchbaggery didn't exist.

i would also like to give a shoutout to Acebane. props to you for continuing banditry in the correct way! you sir, may have my beans.

remember: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT POST, BUT RATHER A SPECULATION POST.

Why kill them and take their stuff when I can use their stuff as bait to get more stuff? O____o

Why kill them and take their stuff when I can use their stuff as bait to get more stuff? O____o

thats a good idea...

However I bet they wouldn't kill you, if you were willing to share and a generally kind as well as the subtle signals you give off reinforce that your not a bad person. (you tend to forget that people also respond to kindness very well.)

there are 3 types of ppl imo for a environment like dayz.

1) bandits that kill u purely and only to take ur stuff. these kinds of ppl will kill u for w/e they want including beans/soda. however they do have a motivation to do so and normaly these ppl wil not bother with unarmed survivors since its a waste of ammo.

2) survivors. these ppl will kill only as a defensive measure. normaly they will ask before they shoot and try to gain frienship and form groups in order to survive. once they have what they need they will occasionaly help other survivors get on there way and even form camps that give out medical supplies and food/water.

3) murders aka pvpers. these ppl just dont give a fuck and see it as a game (which it is a game lol....) they shoot just for the fun of it and do not care what you have because usually these kinds of ppl have the best weapons anyway. these are the kind of ppl that will get NVGs and camp certain spots on night servers just for the hell of it. if ur unarmed ur a target, if ur armed ur a target. it doesnt matter who u are.

so basically what the OP is describing is not bandits, but murderers(pvpers). which is legit. in a real world situation those kinds of ppl will exist. hell they exist today and are only held back by laws. thats why u should be scared if a apocalyptic event like this does happen and the world becomes lawless.

there are 3 types of ppl imo for a environment like dayz.

1) bandits that kill u purely and only to take ur stuff. these kinds of ppl will kill u for w/e they want including beans/soda. however they do have a motivation to do so and normaly these ppl wil not bother with unarmed survivors since its a waste of ammo.

2) survivors. these ppl will kill only as a defensive measure. normaly they will ask before they shoot and try to gain frienship and form groups in order to survive. once they have what they need they will occasionaly help other survivors get on there way and even form camps that give out medical supplies and food/water.

3) murders aka pvpers. these ppl just dont give a fuck and see it as a game (which it is a game lol....) they shoot just for the fun of it and do not care what you have because usually these kinds of ppl have the best weapons anyway. these are the kind of ppl that will get NVGs and camp certain spots on night servers just for the hell of it. if ur unarmed ur a target, if ur armed ur a target. it doesnt matter who u are.

so basically what the OP is describing is not bandits, but murderers(pvpers). which is legit. in a real world situation those kinds of ppl will exist. hell they exist today and are only held back by laws. thats why u should be scared if a apocalyptic event like this does happen and the world becomes lawless.

i was never describing bandits. i was describing these sad excuses that call themselves bandits.

Those kind of people are not bound by man-made laws. They fall under the category of psychopath and sociopath. These types of persons may fall under the category of bandit, but most people that fall under this category (in the real world) have no intentions of harming another individual.. they have no desire to, but they DO want to objects of possession. There's simply no reason for violence when an advantage over social contract theory can be attained. Violent behavior towards other human beings just isn't hardwired into our brains. It takes a special kind of person to be able to kill another person over objects (these people ONLY think of themselves, and anyone that has valuable assets is considered a potential victim of violence). Those are the ones you have to look out for. Psycho/Sociopaths do not care about external restrictions or laws.

Even in a post-event of severe conditions - people will DEFEND themselves in the event they need to.. but senseless killing for the sake of doing so, or the sake of objects will still be extremely limited. The only reason it happens so much in this game is because:

1) it's a game with no real consequences; thus many people use this as a way of entertainment

2) some people enjoy ruining other people's experiences and have some serious problems.. this game is not the only case to this kind of behavior, obviously. This is also not saying playing a "bandit" is wrong, either.

3) it's easy and it's lucrative. Pretty fair reason, really.

4) because it's an option, and solely to try something different.

You see a lot of people throw all these arguments around that people would do ____ or _____ in a severe situation, and that's honestly not true. There's a ton of real-world examples that have supported this; many of which have happened here in the United States. About the only time that changes is when the psychological rarity of a socio/psychopath is involved, or it is gang-related activity (and that actually has correlation with those types of psychological profiling).

There's my CJ lecture for the day. Hurrdurr.

i have the answer for all those sick of being sniped - Dont get killed, and you wont have anything to cry about lol. it is n anarchy simulator if nothing else, thats what a zombie apocalypse would be there are no police or anything, seriously you expect there to be rules?

it can work if you managed to implement some sort of non-lethal weapon, or a "hit on the head move".

And then you need to fix the Disconnecting exploit.

All in all, it will take time. But me and my friends are already robbing people when we can. And i got robbed too and left alive. So it is very rare, but it happens when you encounter the "good" kind of player.

people that rob people like this only do it because its hilarious.. for example read the chat in that video. people still do it for fun.. but really if someone wants your loot, theyll kill you.

Until you cannot disconnect to safety, the first time you will know im coming for your items will be when you hit the floor bleeding. IF the alt f4ing gets fixed, alot more people will survive. Until then. POP POP POP watching survivors drop.

surrender key doesnt work.

It begins the animation of hands behind the head but then resets.....

Bohemia if you can read us................

surrender key doesnt work.

It begins the animation of hands behind the head but then resets.....

Bohemia if you can read us................

hit the button and don't move. or look around.

Surrender animation only stays in arms up mode when you are unarmed and not moving.

Just thinking.

Maybe we should lose a little of our soul each time we player kill and eventually become fully infected.

You start losing control of your character while and can only watch as you go on a suicide runs, hunting for human brains.

Eventually you lose all control of your character and any sign intelligence and get hacked up by a newly spawned player with a hatchet.

Why exactly does there need to be a 'balance', again?

The balance is going to come in the order of humanity, when the system is released. Arguably, robbing someone will have little to no effect on your humanity, whereas murdering someone will.

he means people if you say drop all your stuff or ill shoot most douche bags just log out immediately by hitting alt+F4 so thats why everyone shoots on site because its the only way

• Like 1