Wulfsok

Very Hostile Playerbase

Finally got a character that survived for a few days, all the tools I needed (Axe, matches, compass/map, knife water bottle etc.), got an Enfield and m1911 with plenty of ammo for each.

I was MILES from the coastline in the forest, on a low player server (~10), and was traveling during beginning morning nautical twilight. I rounded a ridgeline and crawled up to the edge of the treeline. I didn't have my binoculars out for more than five seconds until I was sniped.

Considering I was miles from the coastline to avoid snipers, it was my luck to run into one in the middle of nowhere. I'm not traveling at night anymore.

****ing bandits. =P

- Wulfsok

• Like 6

No one gives a shit you ballbag.

This forum is spammed with this type of shite far too often.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy
  • Like 3

That's DayZ my friend. But from the post it seems you have had multiple characters and you cannot deny the fact that every time you get engaged and killed by a bandit, your next character is not stronger as you become more hyper vigilant to all and every situation.

EDIT

Oh good job! You surely just fixed the problem, this is GENERAL DISCUSSION. If you expect people to not post things like this then get out of the forum. General Topics are for the most part a chat room, its not Off Topic since it is DayZ related. Everybody is a hardass now-a-days

Edited by Freekill0
  • Like 3

We just want your beans bro

Bitch please, we don't even need beans when wildlife provides all the rations..

Bitch please, we don't even need beans when wildlife provides all the rations..

dude i love taking beans from people

• Like 1

There's a reason balls are listed as required equipment, and it isn't so people have something to stick their lollipops in when they need their hands free.

Edited by Techercizer

You have to accept it... You must play this game knowing you can die at any time, even if you are at the most desolated area of the map and there is 2 people on the server. Maybe, some day the devs eventually find out how much more fun this game would be if they added a more reliable and accessable "safe depo" or semi-controllable spawn system.

By getting your session and character fully zeroed at every death, the game silently evolves into a oldschool video game machine, into which you had to pump the dimes desperately to enjoy its addictive, life-sucking gameplay.

Although if I see anyone, especially in a situation where I have a sniper rifle and can act in incognito, I'll probably kill that player. It's not the playerbase that is hostile, but the game. - with which I have no problem at all

Edited by andrew99
  • Like 2

Don't get attached to your time that is already wasted.

• Like 2

Snipers are everywhere, not just the coastline. In fact people are more likely to shoot you on sight inland. Try to run though forests instead of roads and don't linger in the supermarket windows and you should be fine most of the time.

• Like 1

Still mad

Although if I see anyone, especially in a situation where I have a sniper rifle and can act in incognito, I'll probably kill that player. It's not the playerbase that is hostile, but the game. - with which I have no problem at all

Well put my friend, well put.

• Like 3

Don't post on the forum's with stuff like that or you will have douche bags like the ones who posted here to troll.

Don't get attached to your time that is already wasted.

exactly, especially in alpha

Hint: The go north mantra that people keep saying. It's not really true. The people there are just as trigger happy and ready to kill you as in the south (If not even more, as they are protecting their precious gear, unlike the just respawned guys at the south who have no gear to protect).

The only difference is that in the north, the player density as well as loot density is lower, and therefore, you'll spend more of your time running between the small towns. Thus, technically, you'll live a longer life - but that extra lifetime is just mostly filled with the extra running.

And nights will obviously get you killed. Because even though the amount of players is lower... Still, most of the remaining players are those bandits that are out to hunt you with high end gear and NVGs. Unless you got NVG, night time play can be very atmospheric, but also suicidal.

Play at day, stay at coast. Have some fun joining what was previously known as the cherno/elektro bean wars. Or continue playing the northern run simulator. Whatever rocks your boat. :D

• Like 1

The only difference is that in the north, the player density as well as loot density is lower

Player density? Yes.

Loot density? No. All of the best loot is in the north. Helicopter crashes are far more common north of, say, Polana than they are south. And helicopters are the primary source of high-end loot.

"Go north" is sage advice. Fewer people, more loot.

If you want to survive while still gathering interseting loot your goals in the game from spawn should be:

• Get the fuck away from the coast.
  • Keep getting the fuck away from the coast.
  • Find a backpack, knife, matches, hatchet, map, compass.
  • Find a decent gun.
  • Meet up with a friend (you have at least one I hope, if not make one).
  • Get at least one vehicle.
  • Hunt for helicopters.

Player density? Yes.

Loot density? No. All of the best loot is in the north. Helicopter crashes are far more common north of, say, Polana than they are south. And helicopters are the primary source of high-end loot.

"Go north" is sage advice. Fewer people, more loot.

If you want to survive while still gathering interseting loot your goals in the game from spawn should be:

• Get the fuck away from the coast.
  • Keep getting the fuck away from the coast.
  • Find a backpack, knife, matches, hatchet, map, compass.
  • Find a decent gun.
  • Meet up with a friend (you have at least one I hope, if not make one).
  • Get at least one vehicle.
  • Hunt for helicopters.

Or run straight to Cherno or Elektro repeatedly until you kill someone who has all of said gear above. It might take about the same amount of time, but it will be way more exciting than wandering through the woods alone. Your call.

Edited by Electrolyte
  • Like 1

Electrolyte speaks the truth. Just last night I killed a guy with GPS and a AS50 in cherno, the night before that I killed a guy with NVG. Fun, fast and rewarding. Much better than jogging for 40 minutes to get to the NWAF barracks.

Sorry for bold text.

Or run straight to Cherno or Elektro repeatedly until you kill someone who has all of said gear above. It might take about the same amount of time, but it will be way more exciting than wandering through the woods alone. Your call.

I said if your goal is to survive. Doing something "repeatedly" implies dying over and over again. In that case your goal is not survival. It's "getting a bunch of stuff."

If just "getting shit" is your goal and you don't mind dying 45 times in the process, then yes. Fine. Run into Cherno ringing a fucking dinner bell and hope to get lucky offing some bored, geared-up choad smoker who probably duped the gear you're about to loot.

That's not survival, though. That's just getting loot. Congratulations on dying 50 times and now you have a decent gun so your 51st death maybe takes a little longer.

In the mean time I haven't died once and probably have comparable gear.

So which one of us has been more successful?

That depends on your measure for success obviously.

• Like 3

That was deffinately bad luck, but props for not staying on the coast.

I have noticed more people going north lately. Not as safe as it was...

Of course, with 10 people, running into one is still extremely rare and would have me thinking map hacks heh.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the informative posts. In retrospect I wasn't looking for advice, considering that story was my first post on the forums, and it was a story about a semi-geared character dying from being careless.

But to all of us noob survivors it's essential that we share stories and downfalls, so that we can band together against the gods among men that a skinny minority of this forum seem to be.

So... Has anyone ever met someone ingame and didn't get betrayed? I know that it can be possible, especially using side chat, but given my experiences so far in Day Z I've been learning something about the real zombie apocolypse:

Can't trust what you're not pokin', and even then ya gotta double tap.

Don't post on the forum's with stuff like that or you will have douche bags like the ones who posted here to troll.

So your idea is:

"Don't complain or we yell at you."

Ooooh scary.

I don't think people are particularly hostile, it just comes down to fear: If you're scared enough you will do whatever necessary to survive. I can tell you I am NOT going to risk losing my kit unless I absolutely have to. When possible I will avoid all signs of humanity(saw a fire either inside, or very near to, a building and I avoided it like the plague).But if I'm cornered, or you surprise me, you won't like what happens.