Sign in to follow this  
Jackftw

People who call themselves bandits.

When you call yourself a bandit, and all you do is kill other players... you're not a real bandit.

A real bandit robs other players, and leaves them stranded with nothing. A real bandit takes hostages and trades them for gear/vehicles. A real bandit OWNS his victims, not just figuratively, but literally.

So to all you REAL bandits out there, I salute you.

• Like 6

When you call yourself a bandit, and all you do is kill other players... you're not a real bandit.

A real bandit robs other players, and leaves them stranded with nothing. A real bandit takes hostages and trades them for gear/vehicles. A real bandit OWNS his victims, not just figuratively, but literally.

Well, it's impossible to do that since everyone just disconnects -.-

• Like 7

I salute you back and look forward to shooting you in the face.

• Like 1

Agreed. Consider MOST PEOPLE NOT A BANDIT.

You'd be surprised. I've actually ran into people who really comply with what I tell them.

A real bandit has murdered a survivor, as if a person has one murder count on his debug monitor, the next person to kill him will get a bandit kill instead of a murder count.

Your arguement is invalid.

• Like 3

There are ways around it.. I once managed to get behind a guy with an AS50 sniping some zombies in the fields east of the NWAF, I unfortunately had nothing but an m1911 with 2 mags, and didn't want to risk my life, so I went all the way around the area he was scoping and got close to him from behind. As soon as I got close enough I started talking, I warned him that if he turns around he dies, and if he runs away he dies, and that if he wants to live I'll let him go, gladly, so long as he drops the AS50 on the ground.

After I finished talking I realized he's about to disconnect, it's only natural.. So I tried to kill him but only landed one shot on his leg before he DCed, moments later he reappeared infront of me begging for a bandage, he said he'll do anything.. I asked him why he logged back...

Apparently when you shoot a player he gets a "Shock" condition (appears right above the broken legs symbol, looks like a dislocated bone or w/e) if a player logs out while shocked, the moment he logs in he will get the INCREDIBLY long unconsciousness timer, pair that with bleeding after a bullet wound, and you can NOT survive unless someone saves you.. This is the only way I know to f**k up DCers but I'm sure there are others as well.

Edit: By the way, how do you use the VoIP with the timer still on?

Edited by darksider2000
  • Like 1

Not to argue semantics or anything, but it /is/ possible to rob a corpse. Banditry (in a lawless land) implies that there will be death, therefore, a bandit, in this scenario, is someone who shoots someone for the purpose of looting them. If you shoot them just for the fuck of it, that's not banditry.

That kind of banditry doesn't work anymore. 95% chance they will just alt+f4. If you could do it that why I would myself.

I disagree, the best bandits do whatever it takes to plunder another persons gear as efficiently as possible.

Wasting time with negotiations is not necessary, the fastest way to a man's backpack is with a bullet.

• Like 7

A real bandit robs other players, and leaves them stranded with nothing.

That's exactly what I do! I leave them with literally nothing, including blood - I shoot them til it all leaks out.

I mean honestly, hostage taking? Negotiation? That's for the birds. I'll stick to organ ventilation.

• Like 2

I disagree, the best bandits do whatever it takes to plunder another persons gear as efficiently as possible.

Wasting time with negotiations is not necessary, the fastest way to a man's backpack is with a bullet.

Someone said "Diplomacy comes from the barrel of a gun"

• Like 2

I had an idea about kidnapping you can check this link:http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32127-kidnaping-players-or-saving-your-friends/#entry309779

im not always killing players in one shot,some times im just shooting their legs and then they crawl to find something to help them.(the best part is when his running from zombies.)

Acebane does that surrender your weapons type of banditry, he recently did a video where he had a survivor drop his weapons (an m24 and revolver) and proceeded to swap his 50cal for the m24. Ace sure does like his m24...

I kind of do this. I shoot them until they become unconscious. Then I loot what I need and bandage them if they had a bandage on them. All the times I've been able to do this, they've either alt+f4 while unconscious; or they respawned shortly after I left.

Not too fun if they don't have to go through the trouble of living

I usually make sure they pass out, then I slowly walk up to them (if the area is clear), and I just say in direct chat with my Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, "You've been terminated" and the last thing they see is the barrel of my gun and a bullet going through their face.

Fun fun fun

• Like 3

"Hey you! Drop your weapon and your backpack or I'll shoot!"

*Hits Alt+F4

*backs up ten steps on different server*

*logs back in*

*pop pop pop*

*Bandit has been killed*

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Maderas

Greetings,

I would like to point you to the game's definition of a bandit;

Someone who has killed another player who was not a bandit.

That's it. That's the whole puzzle.

If you have your own poetic little definition of it, that's very cute and all, but 'bandit' is the word this game uses for people who engage in nonconsensual PVP. That's it.

In EVE, they're called pirates. There's some idiots who roll around in that game and think people who 'don't honor ransoms' aren't 'real pirates'. Those people are fools. Entertaining fools, but mostly just silly and annoying when they do their holier-than-thou act.

In DayZ there is no equivalent to the warp disruptor that prevents people from just logging off either, so in this game it's a completely untenable playstyle outside of roleplaying.

You can put on your robe and wizard hat if you want, just don't try to tell everyone else we need to play your idea of this game to use the game's definition of a bandit.

Then I guess you can call me a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because I kill and loot, not pretend that I more power over someone than they themselves have over the ability to leave and join servers.

The problem is people have likened bandit to murderer (granted they do murder but often times it's not unless they meet resistance).

Does breaking their legs and making them passout and stealing everything from their pack count as being a bandit?

I've been watching bandits do their thing for a long time and must say it's interesting to watch and adds something extra to the game in my opinion. I have been snuffed out by a bandit once when I first tried DayZ and never again. More often than not you won't ever see me or find me because I choose to play that way and that also means I probably won't take a shot at you either. I have been playing for weeks and surviving for as long on that principle and I find it very exciting. I find stalking Bandits who are stalking other survivors alot of fun because you have to try and keep as many options open as you can and you learn to read the terrain very well. I'm certainly not saying that I'm better than you or that you haven't followed me through your scope and showed me mercy at some point which just adds to the unknown realism factor. That may sound boring for alot of players but for people like me it allows the stalking of players who are on a killing spree or just trying to survive. Getting to watch others fight it out without killing anyone else is not that easy without becoming a target yourself but sure is fun. If I screw up at somepoint and become cornered or outsmarted I look forward that moment of truth.

Happy DayZ!

Drewsta