-Sin-

The Running Man

Lately I've been hearing stories about people having heard and or some saying they actually seen The Running Man. He's believed to just play Day Z and lead hordes of zombies along the coasts and through the woods. When raised through voice chat, he does not respond. While some people say his goal is to drag zombies through camps and other survivors. It is clear that his presence is out there.

I personally haven't seen The Running Man. But have been looking for him now, I've heard he tends to run through the servers at night. People I've asked seem to be in agreement that when he has 'been' seen. It's in mostly low population servers as well.

But this is where the legend gets scarier. It's said that once The Running Man has started in pursuit of you. It is almost impossible to escape, some even say he jumps servers to find you and continue the haunting chase. One person believed he had escaped The Running Man, only to log on the next night, and have The Running Man log on moment after and begin the chase anew.

It looks like Bandits aren't the only threat out there anymore. Lets pray he's not real.

I used to be the running man, but it was 100% unintentional. This new Running Man with an agenda sounds too scary for me. If I ever do see him, I will make sure to not advertise I can see him.

That's what I've heard at least. And at least with Bandits, they'll do it quick and you won't suffer most of the time. But this... it's just.... spooky.

I wouldn't doubt it being real. I mean it's not too hard to just click down through servers to find a guy. Or writing down a name of someone you saw to go looking for them again.

So for right now I'm worried about him actually being real. So for now I'm just going to watch out when I play towards the night time hours.

You know what? I refuse to be spooked by him. I hope I do see him now, as I will endeavor to put as many Winchester slugs into his legs and watch him crumple to the floor and get swarmed by his own train.

Well if it's his goal to just do this. I doubt he'd worry about it. And from what I've heard with the following targets. I don't think I'd have a hard time crippling him. It's more so the fact he may hold that grudge. xD I'd rather just stay hidden from him and not worry about that vendetta.

Ah... Certainly, I've heard tales about The Running Man around the camp fire in apocalypse Chernarus. Legend has it he's scared of no man, or zombie, and he can run forever, and never be caught. Some old survivors says he's the ghost of a dead bandit once betrayed by his evil gang..

No, seriously, I haven't heard of him, but it sounds funny! :D

I wonder how many zombies you can get to follow you? I'd love to see a sceenshot of a gigantic horde.

I've been asking people to send in their screenshots if they can manage to see him on a server. And I've been trying to get my eyes on him to get a screen shot as well.

The running man? Are you serieus?

This is getting scary.

I recorded a voice from last night

I've had (and this is an estimate) about 25 after me.

It started near the Dam N of Elektralalalala, into the town and continuing to Chernogorsk, a couple of times around the industrial site, I then climbed up the chimney stack (I needed to eat and drink and I wanted to ask for help on the chat) but they climbed up and ate me.

One poor guy in a village just before Chernogorsk tried to help me until he realised that I had a hoard after me, the poor bugger, he legged it, not sure if he made it alive.

This was with vs 1.5.6, good thing it didn't happen with the .7 alpha build.

So far no one has an estimate on the normal groups that The Running Man has behind him. However none the less let's be thankful that he doesn't talk. Or at least no one has been able to get him to talk. I'm kind of worried about meeting him, and should he start talking I'm afraid it'll be something creepy like that.

When running from a hoard it is not a good idea to talk or chat or anything, apart from running some more !

The running man? Are you serieus?

This is getting scary.

I recorded a voice from last night

Oh my O_o

Chills down my spine :)

Haha. Your post scared the poop out of me. This really should be a dayz ai. maybe he could be screaming terrorizing the country side

This happened to me last night, and I damn near pissed myself.

I was creeping along the coast, hoping to find beanZ among dead noob bodies.

I heard the howling, but couldn't see a damn thing. That's when the shadows burst from the top of a nearby hill.

Then a laughter of cacaphony broke over the chat.

As the dark figures swarmed around me, I tried to swim away, but the Zeds bugged out and could hit me while they were swimming. I dced so fast.

A challenger has appeared; /4chan/ /x/ poster.

Yet to meet this Running Man, probably because he doesn't exist. If you he trains zombies to you, counter Alt F4 his Alt F4.

If he had time to type he would say "HELP! SO MANY ZOMBIES CHASING ME, KILL THEM BRO!". Poor guy just wanting help, specifically from the same person he happens to see.

A challenger has appeared; /4chan/ /x/ poster.

Yet to meet this Running Man' date=' probably because he doesn't exist. If you he trains zombies to you, counter Alt F4 his Alt F4.

[/quote']

but he DOES!

proof

Saw him half an hour ago.... I almost shit my pants. I figured it was safe because it was the afternoon but as some can attest the servers are sometimes either perma-day or set to a night-time even though they seem as if they should be day.

By time I could get down and view him through Binoculars and get the screenshot he disappeared up into a treeline before Electro. I'm completely serious about this though, and tried to follow after him but since he was double timing with no worries of attracting Zeds I lost him.

Damn it... I know I shouldn't be trying to hunt him down for a screenshot. But it's just too tempting. xD

Are those radio noises at night even related to The running man?

I recorded those noises again from last night

Any other news about it?

Are those radio noises at night even related to The running man?

I recorded those noises again from last night

Any other news about it?

It's probably just people playing sounds over the ingame VOIP. I used to hear similar sounds a lot, but not anymore since I've turned off the VON volume.