pixelbl4ster@yahoo.ca

Is there any way to play this game on high without lagging?

Intel i5-2310 quad 2.9 Ghz

Sapphire HD 5750 1gb

6 gb RAM

I should be able to play this game on high settings without any kind of lag but i always get huge FPS issues(more likely mouse lags, because my mouse movements are slightly delayed). Right now i'm playing the game at lowest settings and 500 visibility, anyone found an efficient solution to play this game without lag?

What i tried to do:

turn off mouse smoothing

tweaking the files a little bit

play on lowest settings without 500 visibility

--------------------------------------------------------------

Result: It is efficient since i can play without FPS lag now but i still won't be completely satisfied as long as i can't play this game at least on medium settings without lag.

Also, if any of you found out how to turn off Hyperthreading, it would be appreciated if you would tell me how to.

Your video card is very weak.

I play this game completely maxed @ 1920x1080 with 70 fps with this rig.

AMD 6200 six core 4.1ghz

8GB DDR3

ATI Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5

And even then in cherno and elektro I get slight frame rate drops with lots of action going on. The Arma engine is not exactly very optimized to begin with, let alone running the game on high with your setup.

Edited by MalleusX

visibility is set server side. there is no reason ur pc can not do much much better with dayz/arma2. it seems your problems are elsewhere, ill give you example.

E6600 @ 3.4ghz

4gb 1033 ram

Ati 4870 1gb

Two monitors up.

Drivers 12.3 still (playing Tsw)

run at 1920*1080 All on high, with even the standard AA running not the new smaa ( is it? ) tweak.

its defo you have a issues somewhere else.

Keep fiddling :D

AMD 6200 six core 4.1ghz

8GB DDR2

And even then in cherno and elektro I get slight frame rate drops with lots of action going on. The Arma engine is not exactly very optimized to begin with, let alone running the game on high with your setup.

his card is very weak? lol not weak compared to mine? and I have no issues with frames.

if anything, mess with the resolution (drop it to like, 55-75%) and then boost the settings a little.

visibility is set server side. there is no reason ur pc can not do much much better with dayz/arma2. it seems your problems are elsewhere, ill give you example.

E6600 @ 3.4ghz

4gb 1033 ram

Ati 4870 1gb

Two monitors up.

run at 1920*1080 All on high, with even the standard AA running not the new smaa ( is it? ) tweak.

There is no way that you are running the game with that rig at that resolution on high with stable frames. Proof :)

Also, the 4870 is higher performance than his video card.

Edited by MalleusX

Nvideo GTX 560 Ti

8 GB RAM

i5 2500k

I run this game on high with 60 FPS. When I fraps it goes down to about 45-50.

Do not put all settings on low. It can make performance worse. for example, putting shadows on low means that your processor draws the shadows instead of your graphics card. Putting everything on low means you are giving your processor too much work whilst your graphics card is probably being underused. My PC is 4 years old and this game runs fine. Try increasing some of the settings. It's about finding a balance.

Edited by Manny Calavera
  • Like 1

AMD 6200 six core 4.1ghz

8GB DDR3

According to system requirements and Can You Run It, i should be able to run this game on max settings without any lags

Game has been laggy all day today. I've never had this I joined several servers and there was a lot of lag and desync. It might not be your PC.

I have 2x6970 / 2GB in crossfire, 16 GB ram, core i7 2600k but today everything just seems laggy.

I think i found a solution to my problem. I set my memory thing to very high instead of default, some guys said it would be better at default but as it seems, i run much smoother the memory at very high.

I also set my graphics at medium settings and it's not as laggy as it used to be.

E6600 @ 3.4ghz

4gb 1033 ram

Ati 4870 1gb

Two monitors up.

hey dude pls tell me your current dayz video settings, i get 10 - 15 fps when i am at cherno and elektro and this is my pc configuration (similar to yours):

CPU

Specification AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor

Core Speed 3011.5 MHz

HT Link speed 1003.8 MHz

GPU

Radeon HD 4870

Memory size 1024 MB

1x 20 inch LCD monitor

1x 23 inch LCD monitor

Memory

8gb DDR2 dual channel 1666mhz

I tried playing with the video settings but to no avail. I tried low, medium and high settings. i know for sure that i should be getting a lot more fps playing this game.

I was hoping the new patch would improve my fps since the devs said it will improve performance but it didn't change anything :/

I also tried the launching options, but still no improvement. (-nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=4 -maxmem=7000 -winxp)

Edited by PhAsR

AMD 6200 six core 4.1ghz

8GB DDR3

I got very similar rig but i can hardly run it on 30 fps.

[...]Also, if any of you found out how to turn off Hyperthreading, it would be appreciated if you would tell me how to.

It's usually done in the BIOS, but I wouldn't recommend disabling it. You can test and see, however.

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz

8GB Corsair Vengeance Dual channel DDR3 1600MHz

GTX470 1.2GB

I have the following settings:

Visibilty:10000

Resolution: 1920x1080

Texture Detail: Very High

Video Memory: Default

Anisotropic: Very high

Antialiasing: Very High

Terrain Detail: High

Objects Detail: Very High

Shadow Detail: Very High

HDR Quality: Normal (Changing this any higher drops my fps by like 20-30 FPS)

Post Processing: Off

Interface: Very Small

Aspect: 16:9

VSync: Off

I have an average FPS of about 40 - 50 I believe, going into Elektro/Cherno or zooming in when there is enough grass drops it to 25- 30 if I remember correctly)

Why would you need it on max? Even if I had a monster rig, I'd still set it on low...

I always have Very Low terrain settings set on every multiplayer game I play. It reduces grass / plants draw distance, making it a fuckton easier to spot players.

Also, lol @ all the guys with Bulldozer architecture AMD processors. Do you guys even know the Bulldozer architecture was a complete failure and is outmatched by even the i5 2500, or did you just run to the store to buy the processor that had the most cores and was the cheapest?

Edited by krtshv

Intel i5-2310 quad 2.9 Ghz

Sapphire HD 5750 1gb

6 gb RAM

I should be able to play this game on high settings without any kind of lag but i always get huge FPS issues(more likely mouse lags, because my mouse movements are slightly delayed). Right now i'm playing the game at lowest settings and 500 visibility, anyone found an efficient solution to play this game without lag?

What i tried to do:

turn off mouse smoothing

tweaking the files a little bit

play on lowest settings without 500 visibility

--------------------------------------------------------------

Result: It is efficient since i can play without FPS lag now but i still won't be completely satisfied as long as i can't play this game at least on medium settings without lag.

Also, if any of you found out how to turn off Hyperthreading, it would be appreciated if you would tell me how to.

I bought a £1.300 rig recently with an i5 and an nvidia 2gb gtx 630 jetstream that cost £500 on its own. I still cannot play full settings. I have to have my interface and 3d resolutions one apart on full settings. ARMA 2 is still one of the most gpu and cpu demanding games in existance.

I play on:

dual core 2.4

2 gigs of measly ram

1 gig nvidia 9500gt

My weak sauce system does the trick. I only have frame rate problems in large towns with tons of players and zombies are running around. It doesn't look awesome but the game runs like butter on the servers I play on. I do have to restart the client after dying as my computer starts to choke on all the awesome.

Update your graphics card drivers manually. Don't let windows find the drivers, windows is stupid. I've also seen quite a few optimization threads on this forum. Worth looking up if you're having fps issues on systems more powerful than mine.

Mouse lag can be fixed by editing a config file.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2782938

I recently learned, that any setting you put below high is run by CPU, anything above by GPU. check this

@krtshv not everyone wants to exploit like that, some people are fair not to mention it looks better.

I have:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @2.3ghz

2GB DDR2800 RAM

Nvidia GeForce GT 440 2GB DDR3

Apparently I don't meet the minimum requirements for this game. The card runs the game easy on low, like 45-60FPS, but I get 30 in towns, and 20 in Cherno and Elektro. That's in the editor, with no AI to process. In an actual server on DayZ, I get no more than 30FPS in the middle of nowhere, and as low as 6-9FPS in Cherno.

It's obviously my CPU bottlenecking hardcore. I need to upgrade.

E6600 @ 3.4ghz

4gb 1033 ram

Ati 4870 1gb

Two monitors up.

Impressive tweaking if so, and that is a well-clocked dual core. I have an old e8400, but I run it at base stock 3.0 ghz plus a little bit with asus 6-engine. I haven't bothered going to the bother of clocking it properly as I like it to scale down when using it for TV or email or work.

I got:

GPU: Gtx560Ti 448 Cores

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 960(unlocked to x6)@3,3ghz

4GB RAM

And I run this game horribly. Seriously this game has some issues.

AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black 3.4ghz Quad-core

XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Win7 64bit

20" 1600x900 LED.

No overclocking at all.

$823 total build (with case, speakers, monitor, and OS).

And I run the game at max settings and get 60fps constant (Vsync on).

It is amazing what running at sub-1080p will do for performance.

Edited by SG-17

AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black 3.4ghz Quad-core

XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Win7 64bit

20" 1600x900 LED.

No overclocking at all.

$823 total build (with case, speakers, monitor, and OS).

And I run the game at max settings and get 60fps constant (Vsync on).

It is amazing what running at sub-1080p will do for performance.

Could you post your settings here or Pm me?