Inception.

URGENT: Two flying choppers?!!!?

I have just witnessed a chopper landed outside Cherno in some town starting with V. I saw the pilot get out and attack another guy. The other guy got some shots off, but the pilot killed him. I sat there watching it from the hills for about half an hour. No sign of another player. I went up to the chopper and the pilot was unconscious so I kill him. He had NV goggles, Range finder, Silenced M4A3 CCO...shit like that. The chopper has 95% fuel, but the engine is damaged and so are some other things, so it can't fly. I then bolted for the mountains, and heard another chopper. It landed near the downed chopper before I could get to the hills, so i had to prone in a bush. I lied over direct coms saying "there are seven snipers pointed at you and your chopper. Leave now." he left, thankfully.

Are choppers back in the game?

P.S. I DO HAVE VIDEO FOOTAGE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE, JUST ASK. I NEED TO UPLOAD IT SOMEWHERE, THOUGH.

Choppers never left the game. I don't think they ever did at least. I have never heard of two choppers on the same map though. Not saying it isn't possible but I have never seen it before.

Could be Hackers, could be a very dedicated group... though for him to land just to go shoot someone... sounds more like hackers.

This is so totally urgent.

I had to know if the choppers were in the game or not, as if they weren't then that would mean hackers, and hackers could infect everyone in the server.

lolwut if It wasn't hackers I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go to Cherno, Hackers IMO.

I lied over direct coms saying "there are seven snipers pointed at you and your chopper. Leave now."

7? You didn't think that was overdoing it?

• Like 1

7? You didn't think that was overdoing it?

I knew it was hyperbolic to the max, but it worked.

lolwut if It wasn't hackers I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go to Cherno, Hackers IMO.

Not directly in Cherno; between Vysota and Kopyto.

Might be a hacker, helis are not in game anymore (they'll come back!). And I am pretty sure, they wont land at cherno :D

• Like 1

I have never heard of two choppers on the same map though.

That's what I was thinking, but I was wrong.

Might be a hacker, helis are not in game anymore (they'll come back!). And I am pretty sure, they wont land at cherno :D

Oh well, at least I got his cool shit :D

Read the DayZ wiki. UH-1H Huey helicopters can be obtained occasionally from Airfields or from roofs of hospitals. There are 3 Helicopters hidden somewhere on every server. On low-populated server you'll most probably find one at it's original spawn location, waiting for repair. On a high-popluated server those might have been already taken and people often hide their best stuff on the bounds of the map, if those are vehicles, If you search for campsites and camping tents with a load of goodness you might want to check places far away from civilization.

Edited by IReaperI

Read the DayZ wiki. UH-1H Huey helicopters can be obtained occasionally from Airfields or from roofs of hospitals. There are 3 Helicopters hidden somewhere on every server. On low-populated server you'll most probably find one at it's original spawn location, waiting for repair. On a high-popluated server those might have been already taken and people often hide their best stuff on the bounds of the map, if those are vehicles, If you search for campsites and camping tents with a load of goodness you might want to check places far away from civilization.

I know, but I thought that they were taken out of the game for the time being.

I know, but I thought that they were taken out of the game for the time being.

Yep thats true.
  • Like 1

Chopper spawn is currently disabled until rocket is happy with the desyncing. Too many passengers were getting killed by lag.

They weren't deleted or removed, very old servers may have some stashed, but with the changes since to the mod and hive, they've probably all disappeared.

Rule of thumb: if you see something completely unusual, switch servers immediately. This has saved my arse numerous times from server nukes.

Chopper spawn is currently disabled until rocket is happy with the desyncing. Too many passengers were getting killed by lag.

They weren't deleted or removed, very old servers may have some stashed, but with the changes since to the mod and hive, they've probably all disappeared.

Rule of thumb: if you see something completely unusual, switch servers immediately. This has saved my arse numerous times from server nukes.

Yeah, after I got his gear and checked the heli, I server hopped.

There are 4 spawns on each map.. so it's possible 2 spawned and they were repaired.

Nice job with the 7 snipers bit lawl..

• Like 1

On another note, while we're at the topic: How the hell would you re-arm choppers, by the way?

I mean those Huey guns at the sides, for gunners to use. You'll run out eventually...

Is there a way, or does it simply reset over time or via server restart? Also, what if you'd fly while the server crashes?

Nice job with the 7 snipers bit lawl..

Haha, thanks; when I said that, he went prone, looked around and then sprinted for his chopper. :D

On another note, while we're at the topic: How the hell would you re-arm choppers, by the way?

I mean those Huey guns at the sides, for gunners to use. You'll run out eventually...

Is there a way, or does it simply reset over time or via server restart? Also, what if you'd fly while the server crashes?

Do you mean put more ammo into the guns on the side? I think it takes some sort of LMG ammo.

Last night someone spawned an A-10 and was making flybys firing the cannons and dropping bombs.

Hackers have been around in Arma2 for years and will continue to be. Try to write down time, server and circumstances and names if you can get them. Vids or screenshots help. Post.

Dealing with them will be a difficult issue given the Arma2 engine but every report helps.

about the choppers and vehicles in general, if a server has vehicles enabeled, is there always a chopper on that server?

There is no way choppers are enabled on new servers I can guarantee that. I play the same server every day, I have had like 15 different vehicles on that server been to every spawn, raided more camps then I can tell you and I have never seen a helicopter.

I could be proved wrong but I'm sure I would have seen one, or at the very least one of them flying.