Sign in to follow this  
Mad Z

Suggestion: Dead Survivors

What I am proposing is valuable loot source similar in mechanics to helicopter crash sites.

The basic idea is that dead bodies would spawn in "random" spots throughout the map and be lootable just like zombie bodies and player bodies. These bodies would carry a wide range of supplies, just like a player would, such as weapons, ammo, food, drink, and medical supplies. Loot would increase in quality the more North the body spawned, and perhaps loot would be dependent on where the body spawns. For example, a body in a forest/wilderness area would have hunting supplies and meat while one in an urban area would have canned food and drink.

Finally, it would be possible to differentiate between these events and actual dead players by having them have different skins, either civilian or military.

If you have any suggestions that would make this a better possible addition, please post them here.

They already have this, except they only spawn when people get killed.

I agree, thought if nothing, I'd like to see hanged/dead people, tents and camps in forests as immersive props and points of interests, making forest trips scarier and more interesting.

I'd like to see stashes of goods hidden away at specific locations, and perhaps civilians too, if they don't make them too frequent.

• Like 2

Nah, player bodies is best for this.

However I do think the bodies that are neither zombie or player that are already in the game(mostly the military dead guys up north) should have loot chance.

On the topic of secret stashes to loot, that as well should be an ability for players to place them, then just loot those. It's nearly in effect with the tents, but I would like to see a dirt pile or something like that that lasts longer than 7 days that would function as a "hidden stash". Also adding a shovel to the game in order to dig the holes to put stuff in or to dig stuff out.

Nah, player bodies is best for this.

However I do think the bodies that are neither zombie or player that are already in the game(mostly the military dead guys up north) should have loot chance.

On the topic of secret stashes to loot, that as well should be an ability for players to place them, then just loot those. It's nearly in effect with the tents, but I would like to see a dirt pile or something like that that lasts longer than 7 days that would function as a "hidden stash". Also adding a shovel to the game in order to dig the holes to put stuff in or to dig st alsouff out.

+1 i like what your thinking also i don't think it would be that hard to code. except the shovel idea.

Edited by paradox.