spankimus

MP5SD mags convertable to M9SD and vice-versa

this thread is full of misinformation

SD weapons do not do less damage than their non-SD counterparts, and they both have the same effective range

is as wrong as the guy claiming subsonic rounds don't exist

fyi: at 300m the M4 SD's shots will hit nearly five feet below the aim point

this thread is full of misinformation

is as wrong as the guy claiming subsonic rounds don't exist

fyi: at 300m the M4 SD's shots will hit nearly five feet below the aim point

Perhaps you should actually read what I said. In the game, there is no difference between SD weapons and their non-SD counterparts.

They use the exact same rounds, do they not? If an ACP mag is convertable to M1911 mag, why not MP5SD to M9SD?

Not really.

Let me explain, (this is real knowledge btw) The MP5 does not use standard 9mm ammo. If you try and shoot an mp5 with standard 9mm that you'd use in any pistol, it will not cycle the bolt all the time and you'll have to manually cock the weapon. The mp5 uses what they call subgun ammo which is loaded to a higher pressure (has more gun powder than standard ammo) and may cause damage to an M9 or any other pistol. So considering this the MP5SD most certainly uses a higher pressure subsonic ammo that may cause damage to your M9.

Granted this is a video game, but since ARMA has always tried to be as realistic as possible especially with small arms, this would certainly be a factor.

Edited by Bukethead
  • Like 1

Not really.

Let me explain, (this is real knowledge btw) The MP5 does not use standard 9mm ammo. If you try and shoot an mp5 with standard 9mm that you'd use in any pistol, it will not cycle the bolt all the time and you'll have to manually cock the weapon. The mp5 uses what they call subgun ammo which is loaded to a higher pressure (has more gun powder than standard ammo) and may cause damage to an M9 or any other pistol. So considering this the MP5SD most certainly uses a higher pressure subsonic ammo that may cause damage to your M9.

Granted this is a video game, but since ARMA has always tried to be as realistic as possible especially with small arms, this would certainly be a factor.

Which is why Beretta specifically designed the M9 to fire the 9x19mm Parabellum NATO round that is used by the MP5. So that ammo could be freely switched between the two weapons for military personnel. Other variants of the MP5 are made (10mm and .40 S&W), but the 9mm variant fires the same ammo used by the M9.

Edited by Unreal

I think the problem isn't the amo type, SD/non SD, or that they are not interchangeable with the same gun,

I think the problem is the 2 versions of the same gun should be 1 gun with a detatchable suppressor.

And that to use the suppressor, you must use SD mags.. but if you happen to run out, you just detatch the suppressor. And use standard mags.

It means 1 item slot instead of what ever a second gun takes up in your pack.

It makes a massive difference and changes how we play.. it makes for a lot more versatility in how you approach a situation all with the same weapon.

Obviously the suppressor shouldn't be able to attach to any weapon and not all weapons use the same suppressor.

But this is a step in the right direction.

Should possibly fit in the toolbelt or in a normal slot when not attached.

Speaking of Suppressors.

the M1911.... suppressed

Can only dream right?

Edited by moofactory

In the game, there is no difference between SD weapons and their non-SD counterparts.

you are wrong, stop spouting crap

Edited by Sandy

Ok... :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

dude, you need to actually play ARMA before you spout bullshit

at 300m the M4 SD hits about 5 feet below the aim point - irl that statement would be false, because you'd be able to zero it - but in ARMA you can't

it hits low because the bullets travel slow

Edited by Sandy

Found an M4 a few days ago (but no ammo) and havent fired a shot with it yet. Found 30 rnd Stanag but not SD :(

Which is why Beretta specifically designed the M9 to fire the 9x19mm Parabellum NATO round that is used by the MP5. So that ammo could be freely switched between the two weapons for military personnel. Other variants of the MP5 are made (10mm and .40 S&W), but the 9mm variant fires the same ammo used by the M9.

I'm not saying that you're wrong but can you provide a source for this info? I have been doing some searching and I haven't found any references to the M9 being designed to use Subgun ammo.

Subgun ammo

the definition of a submachine gun

A submachine gun (SMG) is an automatic carbine, designed to fire pistol cartridges. It combines the automatic fire of a machine gun with the cartridge of a pistol

tbh it was misleading to say that beretta designed the M9 to specifically to take MP5 ammo

it would be more accurate to state that the 9mm parabellum has been a popular and trusted cartridge for the entirety of the last century, is sold in every (legally admissible) country and in every variation imaginable - 9mm parabellum in a handgun is like butter on bread

Never served, hm? Next time use google please for information..

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Suppressor

Read the following passages:

Sources of firearm noise

Subsonic ammunition and resulting Sonic Signature

aaaaaand

stop telling bullshit you don't know about,ok?

Have a nice day.

He didn't say he was 100%, the rudeness is sort of uncalled for.

MP5 and M9 do not use the same magazine. Regardless of caliber, you cannot jam an MP5 magazine into an M9 and vice versa.

Think in terms of the actual weapon, and not "oh, they use the same bullets so I should just be able to convert between the two." No. Unless you want to feed one bullet at a time into the chamber and do it that way.

But even then, that's dumb.

I think silenced weapons do actually use different rounds to non-silenced, because they need to use sub-sonic rounds which don't break the sound barrier.

All pistol rounds are subsonic, all rifle rounds are supersonic. Ammo doesn't matter. That's why you can't silence a rifle. This pissed me off when I had my MP5SD and couldn't use its mags(realistically) but had to find "silenced pistol ammo" that doesn't even exist --.--

All pistol rounds are subsonic, all rifle rounds are supersonic. Ammo doesn't matter. That's why you can't silence a rifle. This pissed me off when I had my MP5SD and couldn't use its mags(realistically) but had to find "silenced pistol ammo" that doesn't even exist --.--

Whoa, whoa. Whoa. So entirely wrong. In game, there is the suppressed M9, Bizon, and M4A1. The ammo exists, but is (appropriately) rare. In real life, practically any rifle can be suppressed if you have the right equipment.

Please spend at least a single minute doing research before you post.

Edited by aversionfx

This guy must be shooting both pistol ammo and rifle ammo through his Remington 700 then, right?

But wait, you can't silence a rifle so why does this guy have a suppressor on it?

Just as well, what about this?

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M4A1_Camo_SD

Edited by Bukethead

This guy must be shooting both pistol ammo and rifle ammo through his Remington 700 then, right?

But wait, you can't silence a rifle so why does this guy have a suppressor on it?

You're forgetting that most of the people who post anything about firearms have neither held a real weapon, or fired a real weapon. Most of them have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

You're forgetting that most of the people who post anything about firearms have neither held a real weapon, or fired a real weapon. Most of them have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

And yet they find it necessary to post as if they're an authority on such things.

And yet they find it necessary to post as if they're an authority on such things.

Says the douchebag who posted a video followed by a snarky comment.

If you're going to be an asshole, at least try to not be a hypocrite. ;)

Unless you were agreeing with me and I took your post out of context, then I apologize.

Edited by aversionfx

astonishing

Edited by Sandy

I've always had a beef about that. The ACP is for the more modern stuff. The colt wouldn't fire it.

There are a few .45acp revolvers out there. S&W 625 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head but they do exist.

You guys completely obliterated this thread. Please, only post if you have constructive thoughts about the topic.

Well, maybe it'd be a nice idea if the conversion sequence took as long as the process of bandaging, or giving a blood transfusion. Then, you could kind of imagine that you are manually feeding bullets from one magazine into the other.