mkrrr

This game won't be popular at release

This thread is the site of a successful troll raid.

Everyone above this post are its victims.

Poor souls.

Since you posted, are you not a victim? Wait.... I'm a victim too, shit... well played!

Actually I think it would make him the poor envious troll beaten to the punch! :P

how do you know that?

It was in the news feed on this site and many others very recently. It celebrated Day Z reaching 500000 unique players.

So what your source of information? Oh yeah, you said that the amount of servers had increased but now there's only an average of 20 people on each one. Thats just bollocks.

Sorry foe my bad English, I'm just really pissed off.

The server numbers have easily doubled in the last two weeks, but player numbers have not. So you see twice as many servers, but what seems to be half the population, when in reality the player numbers are increasing, but not at the rate that servers are coming up.

So 1000 spread over 100 is 10 each, whereas 1500 spread over 200 is only 7 or 8 per server. Seems lower than it really is. Add more servers, and you get a great amount of players spread out.

Like it is now: 17800, over 1300 servers, means only 13 players per server. But you can find numbers closer to 30 or 40 on a server. Think of it this way, 2 weeks ago, on a weekend, I seen 10000 players on 600 servers. That's a 78% increase of players, but a doubling of servers.

The server numbers have easily doubled in the last two weeks, but player numbers have not. So you see twice as many servers, but what seems to be half the population, when in reality the player numbers are increasing, but not at the rate that servers are coming up.

So 1000 spread over 100 is 10 each, whereas 1500 spread over 200 is only 7 or 8 per server. Seems lower than it really is. Add more servers, and you get a great amount of players spread out.

Like it is now: 17800, over 1300 servers, means only 13 players per server. But you can find numbers closer to 30 or 40 on a server. Think of it this way, 2 weeks ago, on a weekend, I seen 10000 players on 600 servers. That's a 78% increase of players, but a doubling of servers.

This guy is good at maths.

This is the first game of its type, there has not been anything like this before. They just need to reach the larger audience of gamers.

• Like 1

But... There is currently 19,000 players. When I first started playing a month ago it was a big deal when there was 11,000 people on.

Quick question: where do you find these statistics?

On July 10th, a bit over 500,00 unique players had launched DayZ. As of July 14th, another 114,000 unique players have been added to the ranks for a total of 614,000. Even as I type this post another 50 people are installing.

Definitely not popular, you got that right son...

Edited by SystemiK

id agree im getting more bored now.. when i die next ill have some fun in cherno, wont bother going up north and tooling up.

At the moment the number of people playing this mod is decreasing. 2 months ago at 5 o'clock in the morning i COULDN'T find a single slot at nearly any server to play. Now there are TONS of servers with 20+ slots at prime time. Yes, the number of servers increased, but the number of players decreased.

The only reason is - it's boring. It's fun to play when you just start to play. It's fun to explore, to avoid dangerous (when you start to play you think they are really dangerous, but in fact they are as dangerous as my 4 months old brother), its find to search for weapons and loot and so on.

But then all that's gone You know nearly every single aspect of this game perfectly. Where to find the loot, the players, food etc. You have nearly nothing to do after you have all the top staff (and after several weeks of playing you can find all the top gear in just no time). It's even fun to repair some vehicles and drive them. But then it becomes boring too.

I asked four of my friend who started to play with me several months ago why they stopped playing. The only answer is - booring. And it is really boring to play when you know the mod perfectly and have all the needed staff. And i agree with them. There is no content in the game for such people.

You can say - " Oh, it's a sandbox, you can do what eve you want, you can write your own story" Maybe. But in fact the only things you can do there are collecting loot and killing players. Nothing more. (oh yeah you can also repair a car which is "so much fan")

That's why i think it won't be popular. It's fan to play at the beginning, then it's not. People come - and people quit. Ones that are not bored now - will be bored later.

just my thoughts guys. I don't say this game is bad or somewhat. Just my thoughts. You can discuss it, or just leave the thread. Whatever.

And yes. English is not MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I know it SUCKS. Believe me, it's not your life mission to prove me that.

Your opinion is not a fact.

Please provide citations on your data examples about player reduction, as the only thing noteable right now is server demand being lower.

2/10.

OP has a valid point but I think the same applies to every game in existence.

Eventually you have done everything and get bored with it. What matters is if you had fun on the journey there. Then the game is good.

There is no game that I have ever played that I didn't get bored of eventually. That is just the way it works.

how the hell can you get bored of a game that is in alpha and is always changing?

Player base is not decreasing its increasing you see lotta 1/2 full servers because there is soooo many more servers now. The unique user count has been going up and up over 550k uniques do you not watch any of the interviews or read any interviews with rocket lol?

Quick question: where do you find these statistics?

Are you fucking retarded? How did you manage to navigate to this forum without even glancing at the other buttons or features on the first page of this website? Are you even able to tie your own shoes?

This goes for OP as well, but he's likely just trolling purposely.

Edited by Athrins

I actually agree with the OP.

If this was pay-as-you-go, It'd probably get about a month out of me. Maybe 2 if I was a n00b.

Familiarity kills longevity. Things get easier as you progress, which is logical, but it does lead to boredom.

as you said it's a sandbox, but there really is only one way to play it unless you're a masochist.

predictable zombie behaviour and predictable loot = predictable players.

This game has gotten over 600,000 unique players since it's beginning, and it hasn't had a SHRED of marketing to promote it other than word of mouth on the internet. Just wait until this game actually gets MARKETING, and the amount of publicity it gets soars. The game will break 1 million players, with ease. I absolutely guarantee it.

Edited by KField86

This game has gotten over 600,000 unique players since it's beginning, and it hasn't had a SHRED of marketing to promote it other than word of mouth on the internet. Just wait until this game actually gets MARKETING, and the amount of publicity it gets soars. The game will break 1 million players, with ease. I absolutely guarantee it.

It'll likely hit a million before the end of July...so far the rate of growth has been exponential.

It has more concurrent players than SWTOR at the moment, and they spent, what, like 500 million on marketing for that game? Give or take?

New world order.

How can you, op, post this when there are statistics that if you looked at them you would realize that the player base has been increasing rapidly.

Sensationalist douchbag.

I still say a pistol, Makarov specifically, and all the other items (bandage, clips, morphine, painkillers) that you started with in 1.6 was the best. The game does seem to have become increasingly worse with these updates, although that's just my opinion.

Arma II is one of the top selling games because of Dayz, it is true it can be boring, but i believe the money being injected into the funding of dayz will include more late game elements such as rocket announcing that 'We feel that late game players have nothing left to do but kill other players, so we are developing more late game activity such as the digging underground and making your base underground feature which will be avalible in septemer'

'

LOL I like how the late game activity is merely injecting another person's successful game... Minecraft.

Another question, why would building an underground bunker be fun? So you can sit around with all your awesome gear and just masturbate to it? No, your going to use it like how people use tents and vehicles, you store your shit, then you go kill people... This is a horrible end game idea.

I'm starting to think Rocket is a one hit wonder. I agree with OP, me and my mates are already starting to get bored. In fact, we're already looking forward to other mods in ARMA. Better ones than this already exist. Surely someone else can make a better DayZ mod.

• Like 1

This is the first game of its type, there has not been anything like this before. They just need to reach the larger audience of gamers.

I agree, although I reckon the game - as it is now - is a touch too hardcore/niche-y to keep a larger audience. The lure of zombies will attract hordes of people when the game goes gold (as will various YouTube channels), but folk will leave when they actually realise it's not CoD or Battlefield or what-have-you.

Personally speaking, I love the damn game, and can't wait to see how it fleshes out in time to come...

Yes, the OP is right, there is no long-term gameplay. Everything is in the "here and now". That appeals to some, but not to all. I don't think the idea ever was to appeal to everyone though.

DayZ is indie in many ways and the lovely part with indie productions is that they don't have to, or even try, to appeal to everyone. In the case of major AAA products, the publishers want to maximize return on investment. So they try to produce products that appeal to as many people as possible. That usually results in quite fun, but in many ways bland productions.

Besides, ALL games get boring eventually. I have already logged way more hours in DayZ than in "monster" games like Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect. And I have more stories to tell my gaming friends related to DayZ than ALL those games combined. So the day I tire of DayZ, I will have gotten my moneys worth anyway. And then some.

Oh, and by the way, it's still alpha. :) Plenty more to come before its done.

Are you fucking retarded? How did you manage to navigate to this forum without even glancing at the other buttons or features on the first page of this website? Are you even able to tie your own shoes?

Doesn't appear to show players currently playing the game. If you paid attention, you'd realize that was the statistics I was specifically asking about. Also: fuck you.