Sign in to follow this  
3rdparty

Just disable respawn and be done with it

your desire to evade these relentless 'rule enforcers' sickens and disgusts me, pulling and twisting minutes away from the clock as they prune every single thread, perspirating as they hold back the desire to lock/ban/kick, looking for the singlest of excuses in order to feed their deviated sense of enjoyment.

oh the admin condition, such a terrible rot for the soul, i feel nauseated; since i'm leaving this awful place, the honor code demands i hand in my defeat:

DISABLE RESPAWNS/WHAT THIS GUY SAID(And in all honesty, i've suggested this before, either let people choose where to spawn, or somehow stop the respawnwhoring, in any case its getting rid of filthy corpses that can do no good to server stability, or something like this).

Alright first of all.. Rocket very clearly stated he wants us to meta game. No I won't link it, go find it or believe otherwise, I don't care, anyway thats out of the way

Now, No It really doesn't make a difference to gameplay. Everyone is going to flock to Elektro and Cherno anyway, you think an extra walk will change that?

Thirdly, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, without it, you take away the only thing that makes playing with friends a little bit easier.. Your argument against these unavoidable hotspots, and this being a "helping hand"(I don't buy that at all) simply can't be enough to make it extra impossible to team up with people.

your desire to evade these relentless 'rule enforcers' sickens and disgusts me, pulling and twisting minutes away from the clock as they prune every single thread, perspirating as they hold back the desire to lock/ban/kick, looking for the singlest of excuses in order to feed their deviated sense of enjoyment.

oh the admin condition, such a terrible rot for the soul, i feel nauseated; since i'm leaving this awful place, the honor code demands i hand in my defeat:

DISABLE RESPAWNS/WHAT THIS GUY SAID(And in all honesty, i've suggested this before, either let people choose where to spawn, or somehow stop the respawnwhoring, in any case its getting rid of filthy corpses that can do no good to server stability, or something like this).

You are a troll with honor sir.

And + i didnt know bout ze corpses weighing down on ze server. Just another reason to be rid of it!

Alright first of all.. Rocket very clearly stated he wants us to meta game. No I won't link it, go find it or believe otherwise, I don't care, anyway thats out of the way

Now, No It really doesn't make a difference to gameplay. Everyone is going to flock to Elektro and Cherno anyway, you think an extra walk will change that?

Thirdly, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, without it, you take away the only thing that makes playing with friends a little bit easier.. Your argument against these unavoidable hotspots, and this being a "helping hand"(I don't buy that at all) simply can't be enough to make it extra impossible to team up with people.

Firstly i wasnt aware rocket wanted us to do anything specific on this game at all, apart from not hack. The point on meta gaming is it is unrelated system that can be utilised in game, its an exploit in itself because others who might be standing next to you cant hear your communication, sorry but your gonna have to link to validate that.

No not everyone flocks to cherno & electro, it jsut a good spawning point, if i couldnt respawn and spawned on the eastern coast, i wouldnt run to electro! And even if there is a stream there, the population is a still more spread, more likely to deviate off.

What part of respawning to jump thousands of kilometers to get closer to friends wholl potentially have equipment for you, is not a helping hand?

Edited by 3rdParty

Don't disable it, just allow the selection of a general area to spawn at.

I once got stuck under a building, with no way to escape. Without a way to kill myself, it would have taken me ages to 'escape' through starvation.

Disabling re-spawning will just make the "abusers" take a few minutes extra, as they wait for the zombie to eat them.

+1

I also agree with this, you have my support.

The thing I find most frustrating is never finding dead bodies, hell Ill tell you a little story.

I was playing with some mates, but we were scattered across the map. One of my friends gets ambushed by 3 guys and gets killed. I go to deal

with them and I finish them off.

About a 30 seconds after they died all the bodies all disappeared except for my friends body and they could not be looted. They had also been constantly re-spawning. My friend had not.

So not only is it an exploitation get closer to your preferred location, it also prevents people from looting your body if your fast enough.

This needs to be addressed, I have not found a dead body since, but I have heard PLENTY of flies everywhere. Just no body.

• Like 1

Don't disable it, just allow the selection of a general area to spawn at.

I once got stuck under a building, with no way to escape. Without a way to kill myself, it would have taken me ages to 'escape' through starvation.

Disabling re-spawning will just make the "abusers" take a few minutes extra, as they wait for the zombie to eat them.

I think a general area of spawning wouldnt really solve anything apart from make population bias worse.

I see what ye mean though as I have used respawn for useful reasons but only due to bugs. Maybe if the option was introduced to you after a couple of hours of game play.

And not neccessarily, as not all the spawn points are near towns, and at the very least it would break down the time of repetative jumps from game to lobby.

+1

I also agree with this, you have my support.

The thing I find most frustrating is never finding dead bodies, hell Ill tell you a little story.

I was playing with some mates, but we were scattered across the map. One of my friends gets ambushed by 3 guys and gets killed. I go to deal

with them and I finish them off.

About a 30 seconds after they died all the bodies all disappeared except for my friends body and they could not be looted. They had also been constantly re-spawning. My friend had not.

So not only is it an exploitation get closer to your preferred location, it also prevents people from looting your body if your fast enough.

This needs to be addressed, I have not found a dead body since, but I have heard PLENTY of flies everywhere. Just no body.

although im not sure on the precise mechanics i have heard of issues around this, (not confirmed) apparently disconnecting from the server also causes your body to despawn.. At least ive heard someone urgently demanding others close by to search a bandits body before he buggers off the server XD