Ok so me and a buddy of mine setup Observation Post over lokoing the powerplant/Fire station north of Electro. Between my AK-47 and his M14 we managed to kill about 12-13 people. So we join NY14 (100 pop server) and we spawn in. After a few minutes we hear a .50 cal fire and my buddy turns and snipes him with the M14. Upon looting his body we found the following items.\

- 2 pairs of NVG

- Coyote backpack

- M4 SD Camo (in backpack)

- 9 pepsi cans

- GPS

- Range finder

- M107

NO FOOD OR CANTEENS

No camo or ghuilie suit

No medicine what soever

Upon looting his body we ran into the woods and logged out maybe 10mins later

We logged back in and everything we had looted was gone and my buddy had his old ALICE pack on instead of the coyote backpack

Why would a player have all this rare gear and no food or medicine or anyhting to survive on. And why did we lose all the gear?

Because he's organised and probably has a tent full of medical gear to save space in his inventory. Or he was on his way to get some. Or he was part of a group and someone else was carrying the medical supplies. The list is endless.

• Like 4

Because he's organised and probably has a tent full of medical gear..

yep thats what i do :D

No just an experienced player which came from his daily raid ;)

An experienced player would not have any of this crap to be honest. Why would he carry 2 pairs of NVG and a range finder on a server that has tags? And why would he be in such a bad sniping position (was just sitting there near a bush at sea level)

Yeah he is a hacker.Just because he got better stuff than you.%100 hacker.

• Like 1

yep thats what i do :D

Ok well when you get popped by some @ss hat with a Makarov and you bleed to death from not having bandages your plan will fail epicly

It happened to me several times that i lost items upon log out lately. Its a bug and has nothing to do with hacking. If you want to avoid it dont log out shortly after you picked something up.

And why would a hacker need something to drink if he doesnt need food? Makes no sense.

Ok well when you get popped by some @ss hat with a Makarov and you bleed to death from not having bandages your plan will fail epicly

thats why we are always walking as a 4 men squad :)

Yeah, everything I had in my ALICE pack is there, but the items I traded into the coyote backpack are out of it and gone.

Thought it was strange that he had a ton of pepsi's, no cokes and no food of any kind. But didn't think anything of it until we logged into a different server and I tried to use the nightvision to find it was gone. My old ALICE pack had returned (missing items I had placed into the coyote) and everything that was in my inventory stayed. I didn't appear anywhere else from when I logged off, my thirst was normal as I had drank the pepsi's, and my health remained the same. So pretty much the gear I took from him disappeared and I got my old ALICE back missing the items I took with me. All his items I placed in my inventory are gone, and the tools and NVGs I picked up are gone as well. Rangefinder, too.

TL:DR- My stuff reverted to what I had on before I killed him, minus what I took out of my backpack (means I lost medical supplies). I gain a kill, though, so it wasn't a complete loss.

EDIT: Reverted the items, somewhat, not my location, health, thirst or stats for kills and whatnot.

SECOND EDIT: I think it was duped gear, and possibly corrected itself on logging into another server. Hunting him took time, as he would log off and relog a few minutes later.

Edited by Zeromentor

It happened to me several times that i lost items upon log out lately. Its a bug and has nothing to do with hacking. If you want to avoid it dont log out shortly after you picked something up.

And why would a hacker need something to drink if he doesnt need food? Makes no sense.

That would make sense. Unless he was a really bad script kiddie or something. He was a horrible player though. I just wish I could have kept his gear. I have never had NVG or a sniper rifle before. Would have been nice not having to take 400-500 meter shots with an AKM lol.

9 cans of pepsi is a dead giveaway.

9 cans unbelievable?!

• Like 1

maybe thats whats left of his 12 pack.

i had 7 water bottles, but lost 3 since some chick or dude playing a chick shot me, i could have lit them up, but i figured ill be nice, and bam the bitch shot me. lol , im sure she took my m4 cco but ive not made it back yet it was far inland.

Nice attitude bro!

A couple of us offer our opinions of what happened and you throw a little tantrum? How old are you?

Since the update I've had a few strange things happen to me with my inventory. Gear disappearing/resetting and so on. Exactly the same as you. Just because you can't work out why he had those things in his backpack doesn't make him a hacker.

Like I said in my first post, the reasons for him sitting (waiting?) there are endless. He could have been waiting for a team mate who was in Electro. Maybe he kept hold some of the supplies in case his friend didn't make it back. That would pretty much explain it, so would all of the other suggestions.

How about next time you leave a post no one tries to help? That'll be fun won't it?

Although the one thing that doesn't add up for me is why he had 9 cans of Pesi. That's crazy bro! Maybe he could't fit 10 in his pack.

Yeah he is a hacker.Just because he got better stuff than you.%100 hacker.

Because he's organised and probably has a tent full of medical gear to save space in his inventory. Or he was on his way to get some. Or he was part of a group and someone else was carrying the medical supplies. The list is endless.

No just an experienced player which came from his daily raid ;)

Nice attitude bro!

A couple of us offer our opinions of what happened and you throw a little tantrum? How old are you?

Since the update I've had a few strange things happen to me with my inventory. Gear disappearing/resetting and so on. Exactly the same as you. Just because you can't work out why he had those things in his backpack doesn't make him a hacker.

Like I said in my first post, the reasons for him sitting (waiting?) there are endless. He could have been waiting for a team mate who was in Electro. Maybe he kept hold some of the supplies in case his friend didn't make it back. That would pretty much explain it, so would all of the other suggestions.

How about next time you leave a post no one tries to help? That'll be fun won't it?

Although the one thing that doesn't add up for me is why he had 9 cans of Pesi. That's crazy bro! Maybe he could't fit 10 in his pack.

Hayabusa does tend to be defensive when people seemingly mock him with some of the posts above your's. I believe one of those is yours, too.

The guy wasn't in a group. He would have killed me on the first engagement if he was, and instead I stood up and ran off, to come back later and try to kill him. He logged. Then he came back on in a tree, and fired at someone in the distance, which gave away his position nearby and led me to kill him for the .50 rifle we heard going off. He wasn't in a group. I checked around and there were no nearby tents before we left and logged into another server to test the NVGs, as well as get distance from potential snipers camping on another server.

Hayabusa asked because the items in his inventory and backpack were odd, seeing as most people don't drag around such important and rare items and do rarely newbie-style things (not continue trying to kill someone you see, combat logging and then attempting to ghost and failing horribly when he gave his position away to kill some random far off player). I mean, I can understand a lot of meat or canteens, as those are renewable. But no food and ONLY pepsi? Multiple NVGs on a DAYTIME server, and a pack of rare items (Rangefinder, M107, M4A1 CCO SD, 2x NVG, Coyote Backpack). He wasn't your normal sniper setting up a camp to snipe people in the cities. This guy even had the resources to actively hunt, so he wasn't there to loot a store for food.

And when we logged, everything but the items taken off his corpse remained the same. Our location, health, thirst, and other items did not reverted, ONLY HIS ITEMS DISAPPEARED.

And to the Moderator, sorry.

Edited by Zeromentor

Servers that don't install all the hot fix updates have the problem of not saving data to the hive leaving players with no updated changes when they leave the server.

It's also possible the guy was just preparing for a very long camping trip far beyond the borders to look for the infamous debug area.

Servers that don't install all the hot fix updates have the problem of not saving data to the hive leaving players with no updated changes when they leave the server.

It's also possible the guy was just preparing for a very long camping trip far beyond the borders to look for the infamous debug area.

But that's the thing. I've had servers not save information. Location and everything I've done for a certain period of time is reverted back. Like when TX20 was reset like 3 times, I lost 2 hours of information and kept popping back to the place I had last logged off. But this isn't what happened here. Only the gear I took was gone. My location, thirst meter and even the gear I had left behind were all saved. Like the items I picked up disappeared, and the items I traded to carry them were gone as well.

So this isn't the issue of servers not saving. Instead, I only lost the gear I had taken from his body. My logged off location was the same when I logged back in. Thirst was the same. All my items that had originally been mine were still there. But the items I took off the sniper were gone. My friend also lost nothing, no items or anything and appeared where he logged out. So this wasn't an issue of the server not saving, but only select items not transfering off server.

There was nothing mocking about my first post (that you just quoted), it was just a brief opinion. Your last couple of posts have explained the situation much better and without all of the attitude.

I honestly think you could speculate all day about why he had those items on him. People move equipment about all day in Dayz. Just because his load out wasn't traditional for a raid or a sniper doesn't make him a hacker. Having nine Pepsi's isn't that odd. I had a similar amount of Coke's in my Alice pack the other day, it's just what I happened to keep finding. Also, as well as all of the other suggestions I've made as to why he had that gear, maybe he had recently looted someone else. Like I said you could speculate all day.

You say he wasn't part of a group because there was no tents near by? That just doesn't make sense. Like I already suggested, maybe the rest of the group were looting in Electro or doing a million other things, maybe he'd recently spawned there and was waiting for them,again the list is endless.

Maybe he was a hacker, we'll never know. I was just offering my opinion based on the information in the first post. I still stand by that opinion. Also you say you switched servers to test the NVG's and get distance from any snipers on yet another server. Server hopping to gain an advantage like that is as unsporting as ghosting in my opinion and a bigger problem than hacking.

Don't be offended, it's just my opinion.

He may have had the stuff because he is actually playing the game, unlike other pricks who sit in bushes waiting for other players to snipe just for fun all day long... ;)

There was nothing mocking about my first post (that you just quoted), it was just a brief opinion. Your last couple of posts have explained the situation much better and without all of the attitude.

I honestly think you could speculate all day about why he had those items on him. People move equipment about all day in Dayz. Just because his load out wasn't traditional for a raid or a sniper doesn't make him a hacker. Having nine Pepsi's isn't that odd. I had a similar amount of Coke's in my Alice pack the other day, it's just what I happened to keep finding. Also, as well as all of the other suggestions I've made as to why he had that gear, maybe he had recently looted someone else. Like I said you could speculate all day.

You say he wasn't part of a group because there was no tents near by? That just doesn't make sense. Like I already suggested, maybe the rest of the group were looting in Electro or doing a million other things, maybe he'd recently spawned there and was waiting for them,again the list is endless.

Maybe he was a hacker, we'll never know. I was just offering my opinion based on the information in the first post. I still stand by that opinion. Also you say you switched servers to test the NVG's and get distance from any snipers on yet another server. Server hopping to gain an advantage like that is as unsporting as ghosting in my opinion and a bigger problem than hacking.

Don't be offended, it's just my opinion.

I'm not offended by you. But in red, please, you still seem to think that he might have been in a group. On our first encounter, he was roughly in my area, and fired two rounds at me with his M4A1 SD. I took the hits, stood up and ran back across the side of the hill without him giving chase. I never logged off, I only bandaged myself and waited behind the hill in a bush before I heard him begin firing. When my friend and I triangulated his rough position, I decided that it might have been a different gunner and the first SD user was taking fire from him. Instead, I find the sniper sitting in a bush firing on a random player running through Electro, so I fired 4 rounds into his back. He DC'd. His body was fine, and no one came over to kill me or secure the area.

Next, not 5 minutes later, he logged back in under a nearby tree, using the branches as cover. Instead of firing at me, he fired at another random player in the distance, and ignored me again. This time, I put him down. Had he had support of any kind, they had more than enough time to cross the map to help him. And by his own actions he didn't have any skill or environmental awareness. He tried to fire at me the last time, but the damage killed him before he could get a round off. Due to the .50 M107 in his hands I knew he was the sniper. But when I checked his pack I found the M4A1 SD that had been fired at me some time ago.

So either his group was completely incompetent, and couldn't even defend a sniper after 3 engagements in a 150 meter area, or even get a kill on players in the town, or they were NOT THERE.

From the time elapsed, I can only assume, outside of playing with a group of mentally retarded players (and I use that term in the most insulting way) that he was alone and had no idea what he was doing. But who sets up a camping spot with NO medicine (bandages, painkillers, morphine, or anything of the like) NO food, (not even cans or meat) and only pepsi? Of which there were 9. In an odd string, there were also 9 Stanag SD magazines, which I'm not sure Hayabuse mentioned. How many players do you know like this? How many set up outside of a town without the basics needed to survive a fight? Or even to survive 1 hour alone? And who shows up in the middle of the day with 2 NVGs???

Someone that doesn't care at all about what they are carrying. That means either he was quitting and just wanted to get some kills before he went out (odd way of doing it), or they were hacked/duped items. I'm not claiming HE was the hacker, as I have no proof. But with such limited evidence, is it not likely that the items were duped or even hacked in?

I switched servers to test the NVGs after we had secured the area. I moved away so I wouldn't spawn on any other snipers in the area. As I said, the server was DAYLIGHT, and I have never had NVGs before so I wanted to test them. I was not server hopping, and I didn't log out until the fight was long over. I wasn't hopping servers to find a night server to gain any advantage over anyone. I wanted to test out an item I had never had in my possetion. Such accusations are annoying. Also, you need to learn to read, and stop making stuff up as you go along. You want to throw me into a crowd of server hoppers, ghosters and combot loggers, when I do no such thing.

Subtle insults are just that.

EDIT: Your posts make me think that either you pick and choose sentences to read and fill in the missing blanks with whatever you want to think, or you were recently killed by me. Changing servers to test equipment that only works in specific environmental conditions is not 'server hopping'. That is the act of DC'ing from a server and connecting to another, either to avoid combat (Combot Logging as one such name) or to loot the area in another server (this is the general usage of the term on these forums).

In any case, I explained what happened. Your first opinion is now pointless as you were making an opinion without all the information.

Edited by Zeromentor

a) I have read every word of the thread so far.

b ) Like I've said three times already, speculating about why he had those items in his backpack is pointless. There's just too many reasons people have for carrying different things.

c) Maybe he was part of a group, maybe not, we'll never know.

d) Maybe he was a hacker, maybe not (I've said this already).

e) I apologise for suggesting that you were sever hopping. Your original post made it sound like you were.

f) Essentially, we'll never know.

Let's hug it out.

Edited by Fraggle

Think it helps if you kill a ZED before logging out. Daft as it seems it forces the server to log your location etc. And yeah, its that fucking stupid.