Sign in to follow this  
nahkremer

advice

hey , i´m downloading arma at this moment and i want to jump in into dayz inmeidately, so what advice can you guys give to a total noob?

Well i would advise first to learn the mechanics of ARMA, so do the tutorial they ave for ARMA in game.

Then once you do that find a group to play with, there is a 500 man TS server that a bunch of DayZ people play on. Then find a group and start playing

Arm yourself with patience and then arm yourself with a weapon.

thanks guys, this is really helpfull. i want to play this game like its supposed to, like an rpg, not a shooter, XD

ugh, that really sucks, i cant see anything and i just started, so preety much nothing i can do right?

allright basic rundowns of what you need to know. heres a map. learn the spawn points. www.dayzhq.com/map reference that ALOT . learn the map it will help you stupendousy. when you spawn in on the bottom right it says this

chernerus

(spawn point ex. - kamarovo) [pay ATTENTION to that fucking spawn point] that is key until you just know the locations.

day23408798 (bullshit)

look at the point. find it on the map. head to a city ( just keep running if zeds are chasing you. dont sorry about them.)

chernogorsk is awesome. electro is strange and u can never find good loot there. cherno's the best.

this is odd advise but going to a city is the most dangerous but you will learn the fastest. run fast and dont stop. when you get into the city zig zag all the time. (harder for snipers to hit you)

try to go into a building and keep in the back alleys. stay out of the main roads as much as possible. again never hold still for too long. if you see another survivor avoid him at all costs. and if you must run away from him ( dont forget to zig zag) and run into a alley and BREAK like of sight as fast as possible. you will aggro zeds. again they are irrelevant. just keep moving. hold ALT and look to the side. you will keep running foreward but you will look behind you. if it gets stuck hit this on the numpad * it unlocks it if it glitches. running into buildings will get rid of alot of zeds. sit in the building and let them come in. halfway through run out the back. ( they move like 1kph in buildings) again run around corners and break line of sight. zombies have a shitty pathfinding A.I. corners confuse them. looting the yellow cafe's will give you guns and shit. the church and store at the west side of town till give you food

reference the map itll have a shopping cart icon on chernogorsk. once you have sufficient supplies try to get out of town and head inland. (dont get a crossbow. seriously. they suck ass) and try to fire your weapon as little as possible. only in dire situations. you will need bandages (hospital) [again reference map] and matches, a hunting knife and a hatchet. if you can collect all those your golden. you can survive without scavenging for beans that way, if you want i can explain more but my suggestion is be fast. and be agressive as fuck. you'll get nowere dicking around in cherno sneaking. your sniper bait and yeah. you need to get in get your shit and get out. Or explore the city and kill some nubs. dunno up to you. :) if you wanna play with me and my guys add my on skype : TachyonXL im more than willing to assist a new guy ^.^

[this works great for me and most of this comes from my enemy evasion and capture avoidance training in the army as a intel operative :) ] they actually trained us for a apocalypse situation XD

Edited by -AL-Eclipse