Sign in to follow this  
1234Darkmaster

throw hatchet

I searched enough and didn't see anything like this posted so i guess, why not!

It would be cool if you could throw it by having it in the F menu and retrieve the hatchet from the body.

So what do you guys think? Crappy idea? Good idea? Bad idea?

Trying throwing something, then try throwing something at a target, then try throwing something at a moving target. Its a little hard

What if your indoor? :)

Don't know about you, but being indoors tends to make you and your target close range. I'd rather maul somebody 5 feet away with a hatchet rather than throw it at them.

Yee I would probably just use melee since your probably going to lose your hatchet but yeah it could probably work

I'm just going to say no to this because of programming difficulty. There is no throwing weapons in the game, so it would require a whole new thing. Remember that melee weapons now are actually guns with melee weapon decals with really low range.

The closest I could imagine, is it would fire a longer range bullet and then drop to the ground. But I don't think it would be easy to make it actually be thrown to a location...

Maybe, now that I think about it, the crossbow's mechanics could be used to do this... Because it puts a bolt where it fires... Instead of a bolt a hatchet could appear there... However this would still have a primary weapon in your inventory, and I'm not sure how you could change it from melee to throwing mode....

• Like 1

That's the stupidest thing I have ever herd.

You could POSSIBLY kill one zombie with it, then you would have to pick it up and put in your inventory all over again.

Programming difficulty like this guy said, sheer pointlessness of it all, the fact it has no more substance than that of a simply "cool" feature(Which really is not cool at all, pretty lame actually considering the hatchet is like a metre long) makes this a really pointless suggestion

Bad idea, and now that i think of it, you guys are right :rolleyes:

No it's not bad its just not all that useful really. Might be ok to add if the developers have nothing else to do lol