Sign in to follow this  
-Cdn-Chard

47 Day old wanting to upgrade from the stable 1.7.1.5 to the new 1.7.2.3.. Some questions

47 Day old wanting to upgrade from the stable 1.7.1.5 to the new 1.7.2.3.. Some questions..

Hi guys..

I'm ready to take the plunge but I just wanted to know what to expect when moving up to 1.7.2.3. I'm almost completely ok with losing him, but I'd rather not.

A couple of questions...

1. Will my character die? What are the chances? Is there something that I could do to try and not sacrifice him to the merciliess god of upgrades?

2. Do standard weapons come across? I know the L85A2 AWS is disabled.. (good thing too), but will other rifles like my DMR come across.

3. Ghillies are fubar... Are camo skins also messed up...

4 Does the sun ever shine in Chernarus of 1.7.2.3?

Sounds like you might be too attached to your character lol.

But you should read patch notes, they tell you everything really. If your character does not get brought over then all you have to do is respawn and you will have it back.

"47-Days old and doing nothing to help test.

Tell me when the testing is over so I can come play!"

Ridiculous.

By the way the L85 is coming back (good thing, too).

If you are worried about dying you aren't doing it right. Go do wacky things with new features and figure out bugs and report them here when you die. No one is impressed by "47 day old", rather we are all rolling our eyes at you because you are just taking up space.

"47-Days old and doing nothing to help test.

Tell me when the testing is over so I can come play!"

Ridiculous.

By the way the L85 is coming back (good thing, too).

+1. Grats on filling up at a lake and eating cows in the woods.

He is supposed to be attached to his character. That's the point of permanent death. It makes you value your in-game life much much more.

• Like 7

I totally agree. He's obviously trolling for praise, so lets bash him instead because it doesn't effect us one way or the other....wtf?

Seriously, I liked 1.7.1.5 better than the two new patches. If you are having fun, I would stay there, as the new setup is gearing differently. If you want to try the new patches out, your character will not be deleted. On one upgrade I got the character selection screen, but I just quit and found a different server and all my stuff was back. But your mileage may vary.

I totally agree. He's obviously trolling for praise, so lets bash him instead because it doesn't effect us one way or the other....wtf?

Seriously, I liked 1.7.1.5 better than the two new patches. If you are having fun, I would stay there, as the new setup is gearing differently. If you want to try the new patches out, your character will not be deleted. On one upgrade I got the character selection screen, but I just quit and found a different server and all my stuff was back. But your mileage may vary.

Guys, I'm not "trolling for praise". I couldn't care less. I'm don't play DayZ like a PK'er. I play it like I'd live it, avoiding contact when possible but killing when necessary. I'm always in and out of towns and airfields, but I don't run and gun into towns, but rather take 30 minutes to cross a field. If anything, DayZ is better that way. The paranoia, the fear. Playing a respawned character just isn't the same. I play Arma ALL the time and I know.

All I wanted to know in this post was some of the things to look out for when upgrading. For those that felt compelled to take the time to pass criticism... Go find something better to do...

• Like 2

Guys, I'm not "trolling for praise". I couldn't care less. I'm don't play DayZ like a PK'er. I play it like I'd live it, avoiding contact when possible but killing when necessary. I'm always in and out of towns and airfields, but I don't run and gun into towns, but rather take 30 minutes to cross a field. If anything, DayZ is better that way. The paranoia, the fear. Playing a respawned character just isn't the same. I play Arma ALL the time and I know.

Except thats not the point of alpha. Its super easy to survive. We are supposed to be testing new features and interacting with the new builds as much as possible to find these killer bugs that will ruin the experience of the live game. If you want to keep on living in the woods then go ahead, but dont take up space on the forums each build asking if its "safe" to move your waste of a server spot over to a new build.

Grow a pair over losing a character, its not release yet.

Your here to test the bugs that would break the character, make you lose it, break other shit, test mechanics. I know you will say 'oh but i am testing it through surviving and shit', but thats a shitty, crap excuse. Just test it, like every dev says and the forum mods and staff/etc and some of the players say, its an alpha, not a release.

/thread

Except thats not the point of alpha. Its super easy to survive. We are supposed to be testing new features and interacting with the new builds as much as possible to find these killer bugs that will ruin the experience of the live game. If you want to keep on living in the woods then go ahead, but dont take up space on the forums each build asking if its "safe" to move your waste of a server spot over to a new build.

Grow a pair over losing a character, its not release yet.

Your here to test the bugs that would break the character, make you lose it, break other shit, test mechanics. I know you will say 'oh but i am testing it through surviving and shit', but thats a shitty, crap excuse. Just test it, like every dev says and the forum mods and staff/etc and some of the players say, its an alpha, not a release.

/thread

I mentioned at the begining that I'm ok with losing my character, but would rather not if it meant just taking a few precautionary steps. As far as testing goes, there were 134,000 players online in the last 24 hours testing the mechanics. I don't mind dying to valid glyches, but if they can be avoided with a little foreknowledge, then what's the harm?

Seriously guys.... Lighten up. Why don't you go harp on those players DC'ing or server farming instead? If you don't have anything to contribute to my original set of questions then STFU!! Forums are for information exchange, not for a bunch of self-righteous armchair know-it-alls to talk tough...

Edited by -Cdn-Chard
  • Like 4

I mentioned at the begining that I'm ok with losing my character, but would rather not if it meant just taking a few precautionary steps. As far as testing goes, there were 134,000 players online in the last 24 hours testing the mechanics. I don't mind dying to valid glyches, but if they can be avoided with a little foreknowledge, then what's the harm?

Seriously guys.... Lighten up. Why don't you go harp on those players DC'ing or server farming instead? If you don't have anything to contribute to my original set of questions then STFU!! Forums are for information exchange, not for a bunch of self-righteous armchair know-it-alls to talk tough...

I was personally successful when migrating to 1.7.2.3 from 1.7.2.0. Can't speak for others, but it seems to be rather stable.

EDIT: To be more specific: I am wearing ghillie and it's working fine. I own a camo but have yet to use it as I don't know whether it'll fuck me up or not. I had a ghillie in my inventory when migrating from 1.7.2.0 to 1.7.2.3 and kept it throughout the updating.

I was and am running Beta 94876 - no issues so far.

Only thing to note is that the server I was playing on had my tents wiped. May or may not be related to the fact that it ran 1.7.2.2 for a while (I never used that patch, but I tried the experimental 1.7.2.1 on a test server with no issues, but later rolled back to play on my "home server" which was running 1.7.2.0).

That's all I know.

Edited by Athrins

Listing your age is bullshit since it advances whether you connect or not.

Not quite sure what you're driving at. I'm 46 years, my character's 47 (actually 49) days old.

I don't understand your connection reference, but as some of the repliers posted, it was meant to be a measure of my "will to survive" rather than a boast or some kind of connection advantage...

Indeed, that is quite misleading a lot of the time. I play intensively more or less every day and all in all, I'd say I survive for more in-game hours than at least 80% of serious players, but the max amount of days I had listen in lower right was 8 days, and that was because I was away for 3.

Indeed, that is quite misleading a lot of the time. I play intensively more or less every day and all in all, I'd say I survive for more in-game hours than at least 80% of serious players, but the max amount of days I had listen in lower right was 8 days, and that was because I was away for 3.

Oh, ok... Now I understand... I don't know the exact number of hours I've played, although I can bet my wife has kept careful track. I can say that almost every one of those days involved at least three and often as many as 6-8 hours of playing (on weekends). That'd be 150 hours minimum I think. Is there somewhere I can find a stat?? But as I said, I often take 1/2 hour to crawl across a zombie filled field because I don't have a silenced weapon. I enjoy looting around zombies and players rather than blasting through them, especially as I usually play solo and running & gunning is a sure ticket to the Chernarus Beach - Day 0.

Someone needs to learn what an alpha and beta test are all about...

Your amazing record will be wiped before release so I suggest having more fun and being less of a survivalist.

Not amazing, but whatever... I'm ok with a character wipe. As for fun, I've played OFP/Arma for 12 years now and done so much CTF, AAS and Insurgency that doing the quiet survivor thing for a change is SO different it is fun. Seeing players run through my crosshairs, or dodging a small group of players travelling cross country is a blast. I'm on a survivor safari!! All my previous characters were the typical run'n gun types, and all got killed near the NW airfield or in Cherno/Electro. NW Airfield is possible, but go slow... Cherno's a deathtrap plain and simple.

I've posted some game feedback before, but almost everything I've observed has been posted to death already (search before posting)... And heaven forbid you present a rational opinion, the trolls on this forum are as eager to blast you here as they are ingame...

Edited by -Cdn-Chard

If you are worried about dying you aren't doing it right. Go do wacky things with new features and figure out bugs and report them here when you die. No one is impressed by "47 day old", rather we are all rolling our eyes at you because you are just taking up space.

Your brain is just taking up space too and you dont get people being an ass about what crap comes out of that mouth do you?

And why do you care? Or everyone else bashing on the dude?

Seriously whats all this flaming about? Envy? Like all you pricks like to say: "It's a sandbox you can do whatever the fuck you want!"

Well... He did! So what is all you jerks problem?

Dont get it, honestly, maybe you spoiled brats just enjoy failing on trying to show moral superiority over someone. I see shit on this forum that just makes me feel piety for the lack of self estime needed to try and bash on someone else without reason on sense.

• Like 2

OP - I have no idea if your character will survive the upgrade. Good luck.

I find it hilarious that so many posters have taken an almost defensive/hostile reaction to op's survival record. There are no rules as to how you play the game. Play it the way you want, stfu and mind your own business. If the majority of players are upgrading to the new version and reporting bugs and other problems, it's enough.

Lots of jelly people in here who can't survive a few hours, let alone 47 days, going off OP.

His way of having fun is surviving. Why would you trashtalk his way of playing when the same people thinks the sandbox "do what you want" feel of Dayz is the best aspect. This guy is playing the sandbox, and the others are hating on him for it. Pathetic.