Sign in to follow this  
B r a i N IL a g

Ghillie Suit DayZ vs. CoD

if you hadn't alligned this post with cod...lets say more people would of agreeded.

if you hadn't alligned this post with cod...lets say more people would of agreeded.

No, we wouldn't have. He's bitching that the boots are the wrong shade and there aren't gloves on a skin that comes with the game engine, not the mod. He just made it worse by trying to justify his point by saying CoD did it "right."

Again, the skin, despite the picture you posted, SHOULD have green-ish camo GLOVES. I had them in both singleplayer and DayZ. May depend on the face or version you use.

Really, the ghillie is not that bad. It could be a bit better if you'd add some foliage around it, leaves, etc. But it is pretty good, apart from the boots. Most of the time you face the (potential) enemy anyway, so that risk should be low.

Also, in close ranges, try finding one with all the small bushes and so around. In a forest you'd hardly notice a non-moving covered human being. I mean, it's already hard to see an average survivor near a bush or so in a forest.

Now figure the odds for a ghillie. Not impossible, but rather hard in most cases. Bottom line? BIG advantage. Even in bigger cities it is still one, depending on where you move or lie down, since the game lacks major urban areas compared to say, western places. There's still green stuff in between, that is what I mean. So on average, no matter where you are, in most cases ghillie = better. Or camo, for that matter.

Standard gear offers too much of a contrast in nearly all areas and is random (client-side) anyway, thus you can't predict that anyway.

• Like 1

What I was thinking was more in line with the previous bandit system where your skin just changes after a certain action.

For example.

Murder 3 players - Bandit skin 1 - Lightly camoed bandit skin with civilian clothing

Murder 5 players on same life - Bandit skin 2- Heavily camoed skin

Murder 10 people on same life - Bandit skin 3 - Ghillie or half ghillie suit

This game isn't about who murders who....stats say at least 85,317 players have misunderstood the concept.

complelty off topic but this video is retarded, first off the camera is positioned at shitty angles or they are hiding behind bushes thus giving the illusion that they are well hidden but I can see through the bullshit... even I could crouch naked behind a bush or tall sage grass too and be invisiable to a camera... but even if they were in obviouse open spots but still manged to stay hiddden, it would serve no purpose because they would be at a tactical disadvantage for short to medium range encounters and as a sniper you need to be in a position where you can effectivly use your rifle while remaining hidden... any one can slap on a ghillie and hide in some thick brush... it takes a true well trained sniper( you know actual people who use ghillies) to stay hidden in a position where you have to effectivly manipulate a rifle and keep your eyes on your target but not be so engulfed by bushes and shrubery that you dont have a clue as to who or what is around you