Sign in to follow this  
Beefburger

WTF!!!! A glitch gave me 2 characters

Alright so about a week ago i was in the elektro supermarket experiencing a strange graphical error that prevented me from seeing when suddenly "GRENADE". So i figured ill just DC because thats just retarted how i have to die because of a graphical error and i DC'd the second the grenade went off and i thought i lived. Then a few hours later i logged back in to see if i was alive or not and i spawned me on a fresh character so i just figured that my other character died. Then the next day i log in expecting to be on that fresh character i made but instead i log in on that character that was in the supermarket that got grenaded (but i was unconscious and bleeding so i died) and once that character died the game had me make a new character. So i play on this new character and it dies and then i die a few more times but then i finally get built up again and meet up with my friend who has my night vision goggles and AS50 and i didnt really trust my friend because he shot me once before but once he gives me my stuff he shoots me and i DC the second he shoots me (i know everyone reading this is probably thinking im one of those people who DC's whenever danger is around, well i dont, i usually fight it out but im not in the mood to let my friend kill me again). so then my other friend goes to where i am so he can get me up when i log in, but i log in on that old character that i made after my character in the supermarket got grenaded. So now im stuck on this old character that i now got some good gear on but im getting the feeling that im gonna log onto my NVG AS50 character one day and then lose the character im currently on. Has anyone else had this problem? and yes i know its quite a confusing story but this is what happened. Its sorta annoying having 2 characters not being able to control which one i go on so if anyone knows a fix, id be very grateful.

Nice disconning, cheater.

Other than that, I know the answer to what happened to you.

Rocket has posted about it. Too bad it benefitted you. Don't count on it happening again. It was a one time fix.

Enjoy playing with your hacked character, DCer.

It would be less confusing if you write short sentences. Also try to use a dot to mark the end of a sentence. A rule of thumb is to make sencenses with about twelve words.

And yes, I had this glitch once for a short period. After that I've learned about the hive and non-hive servers. I've figured that had something to do with it. After about two (maybe three) switches it stopped.

Edit: if you DC one more time they should change your name to queefburger.

Edited by bertjuhnl

you didn't fight it out when a grenade was thrown at you...I get polygons rarely in my graphics, but it doesn't mean I get butt hurt and DC...

There has been issues with random roll-backs on servers the last few patchs (related to sudden disconnects mostly, but not exclusively). Theres not much to do about it right now, execpt to try and find a more stable server and not get attached to your gear. Its also possible you may have logged into a private-hive server, which stores your gear independantly from official servers. These servers are frowned upon by the developers btw, so be mindful what servers you join.

You should leave out the fact that you disconnected next time.

You're not going to get help, but you are going to get hate.

Well nice to know it wont happen anymore. This is getting pretty annoying. And no i do not DC every time i see danger, im just not the kind of person who wants to die for retarted reasons.

Where do you check which servers are official hive servers and which aren't? I had something similar happen, I did get my old character back after dying the first time though. (sorry for stealing the thread, just noticed the hive talk and didn't want to make a new thread for it).

Your friend shot you before, and shot you again?

What a great friend you have. I'm sure he shot at you for being A FUCKING DC'ER.

Get out of our mod. Rocket's mod.

Nice disconning, cheater.

Other than that, I know the answer to what happened to you.

Rocket has posted about it. Too bad it benefitted you. Don't count on it happening again. It was a one time fix.

Enjoy playing with your hacked character, DCer.

Here we have a classic example of our community has the worst infection, infected with brainless posters. If you loaded into the game with no video and you could hear someone shooting would you stay on? No you wouldn't so stfu and grow up

Nothing was said about no video.

Why didn't you disconnect whe. The " no video" issue came up? You waited until you were in danger.

We're you hoping that maybe you'd get some advantage?

leave the server and come back it should fix the issue.

Your friend shot you before, and shot you again?

What a great friend you have. I'm sure he shot at you for being A FUCKING DC'ER.

Get out of our mod. Rocket's mod.

Actually he killed everyone in our group. We were raiding NWAF and he was in the back of the line when we were walking out of the barracks and just unloaded his SAW into us. We lost 5 NVG's, 3 GPS's, 2 rangefinders, an SVD, AS50, M240, 4 Coyote backpacks and some other gear and guns. Im pretty sure he just wanted all the gear for himself and some of his other friends who just got the game. The second time he shot me, well im not really sure why he would make the trip to get to me, give me my stuff, then just shoot me. But thats what happened.

I, for one, will make sure to ask the OP if he's in the mood for being killed before I start shooting.

Wait, no, I won't.

Nothing was said about no video.

Why didn't you disconnect whe. The " no video" issue came up? You waited until you were in danger.

We're you hoping that maybe you'd get some advantage?

It was not no video, but instead my screen was just white all over and i could see very little, the reason i didnt DC instantly was because my friend guided me around but once he was dead i was useless.

1 - Trust no one

2 - Don't DC during any combat what so ever. If you are teleported high into the sky and are falling to your death, if you hear a jet, if you hear loud artillery explosions, if you are in debug forest/plains and getting shot at, THEN and ONLY THEN DC.

3 - Don't find some lame ass excuse to back up you DCing. Take the death (because you obviously would have died anyway in these situations), respawn, while respawned, fix your graphical glitches, then resume playing.

Don't fucking DC.

I see the douche bags run around the forum's still, Yet us people who just troll a little bit get a warning, Good job mod's A+.

• Like 1

I dont post much, but seeing that this asshat admitted to disconnecting twice, I feel I have to. I am a bandit. I generally do a bunch of dastardly bandit shit, such as shooting people on the coast, hunting around stary, carjacking people at gunpoint... ect. The point I am trying to make is that I have very few scrupels when it comes to dayz. I dont fight fair AT ALL. That being said, I dont disconnect in combat EVER. If somebody is good enough to kill me (generally with the odds stacked against them) they earned my gear. Oh well, i will start over. And my question for mastiff, how do you know he wasnt lying about the graphical glitch? Ive had some glitches in the game but never to the point that it made me ALTF4 convieniently away from a hand grenade. And if that is the truth, how do you explain the second DC? The OP said that he does not like to die for "retarded" reasons. But the second disconnect occured when he approached a KNOWN bandit that shot him before, and, doing what bandits do best, opened fire on him. The only thing retarded about dying in this situation is the fact that the op walked up to him a second time. Tell your friend that headshots fix the whole ALTF4 problem.

TLDR: DC'ers are the lowest of the low. Beef, please throw your computer into a fire and dont get a new one untill you learn that dying in a videogame is not the end of the world.

Edited by Nihlathak
  • Like 4

This happened to me.

I got killed, I then aborted to make a new character, but I spawned as my old character next to the building I died in.

Came back another day, and I was a new character.

Then another day I was the old character that got killed before.

• Like 1