Sign in to follow this  
frogman3

Has anyoen else been having these issues with tents?

So I've been playing this game for the last month or so and have placed about 8 or so tents. Not a single one has remained 100% intact overnight. The first one disappeared overnight. The second one had all the items go poof. The third disappeared, the fourth disappeared and the 5th lost all its items. These are all on different servers.

On Wednesday or so, I placed one more tent just to have the tent duplicate and lose all of its items. We placed a second tent not too far away and came back to see that the first two tents were again still there and the third tent was empty. This is getting relaly frustrating, since me and my friend have been dumping all of our good gear in them as we go look for car parts. Not only have I now lost a bizon, 3 M4a1 CCO's, 2 CZ 550's, camo, several guns, heaps of ammo, about 30-50 meat and pretty much everything else we've looted in the last month, we now are all out of car parts.

I know this is a pretty unstable mod, but I noticed that tons of other people seem to be using tents alright in videos posted on the internet. Am I doing soemthing wrong? I make sure to "save tent" after everytime I put in items. Also, all of my tents have been at least partially covered by trees - is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Spam save tent like 5 times. Had no issues. I dont know if once is not enough or what..but yeh. Spam it a few times, back off, go back and save it a last time. You are basically beating it into saving. Sadly there is no dialog of it saving.

some of my tents have duplicated themselves as well as lost items inside of them...I've heard that if you place them right next to a tree they have a tendency to do this...

My tents tend to duplicate. I started with one. Now I'm up to about 6. You might think, "Well that's cool, you got free stuff." But honestly, I don't want to prosper by exploiting.

At one point it actually ended up coming back to bite me in the ass, because while my original tent was well hidden in trees, the duped tents spawned all out in the open. Needless to say, they were looted of most of my good gear.

Hopefully there is some sort of fix in the works, because this is a rather frustrating bug. It has happened to me on multiple servers with multiple tents, and I don't know how to stop it.

Thank you, I will try the "save 5x" trick to see if it works!

And yes, multiple tents are cool, but it doesn't feel like exploiting when you trade all your gear for 1 tent.. -_-

I thought I just got a glitched tent and my stuff got looted out of one of them. So that's what's going on....

Thank you, I will try the "save 5x" trick to see if it works!

And yes, multiple tents are cool, but it doesn't feel like exploiting when you trade all your gear for 1 tent.. -_-

In my case, the dupe tents are full of gear. That's why I mentioned I don't want to prosper by exploiting. :(

In my case, the dupe tents are full of gear. That's why I mentioned I don't want to prosper by exploiting. :(

I wouldn't feel too bad, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the player base is duping en masse using this method now. Honestly, tents/containers need to save automatically on exit. No idea if it's possible within the confines of ARMA 2, though. I'm guessing not, since it seems like a fairly simple fix if it were.

I wouldn't feel too bad, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the player base is duping en masse using this method now. Honestly, tents/containers need to save automatically on exit. No idea if it's possible within the confines of ARMA 2, though. I'm guessing not, since it seems like a fairly simple fix if it were.

Second this.

Lost maybe 4-5 tents the last 2 days, all of which I found legitimately through luck and from some other camps i raided. Most of the tents I wasn't happy about their placement and tried to repack and move it elsewhere, but I am 4/5 times unable to pick up the bag under the tree when packed up. ~3 tents were lost this way. The other 1-2 tents simply disappeared. Poof. Checked after server restart; nothing... second restart; nothing.

One tent I accidentally clipped the edge of when on my bike and it flattened. Everything gone... The tent was so heavy that when it collapsed, it crushed all my weapons, ammo and clothing inside. But it was not heavy enough to resist a bicycle poking it in one of the corners at 0.01 km/h. Evil magic.