WeedFoXx

How manny players should a server have ??

i think 250 players+ would be awesome!!!!

When a server is below 100 player the system autamaticly change the players to another with 100 players like a quick match in bf3 or something ...... i think the land must be fuller of palyers

more players = more adrenalin = more zeds = more fun

and i hope they never add some PvE servers ....... I LOVE THIS GAME :D:D

i dont like this idea one bit, the whole adrenalin rush of meeting a player is the fact that you DONT see a player every 5 minutes, if you made it so populated that you always saw someone it would make it like bf3 where i dont even care if i see someone

• Like 1

There simply aren't powerful enough computers to run a 250-player server.

30 is the official minimum, 50 is recommended, and anything above that requires a really powerful server and connection.

its not a discussion how many player a server can handle ... its a discussion how many player should be on a server ...

i would say i would like to see a playercount of 100 players ... so 80-120 players

There simply aren't powerful enough computers to run a 250-player server.

30 is the official minimum, 50 is recommended, and anything above that requires a really powerful server and connection.

Isn't the minimum supposed to be 40?

ahh okay thanks for the info.... but maybe they can improve the game that a server can run more players on a server :) rocket is trynig ading more zeds to th game mayby next fix is more players or les zeds and more players dont know :) i just think it would be great when more players are on a server :)

i'd stick to 40. Not too populated but you encounter a player from time to time. And there are also players whom like to play a lonely life in the woods and trying to avoid any players as best as possible. It would be unplayable for those people at a >80 player server.

Edited by Lycake

Isn't the minimum supposed to be 40?

Yes, but in developing countries or ones where an internet connection is pricy, it's 30.

So I chose to say 30, as it's the official absolute minimum.

Having a lot of Zeds is one thing. The server doesn't have THAT much work to do with them (seeing as the client renders the pathfinding and etc).

Players and memory leaks (and bad coding) is what makes it impossible to run a server with 250+ players, unless you own a Supercomputer or paying like $1,500 a month for a high-end server.

Edited by krtshv

The more players the better. I just played on NL something that had 99 people on it. I think I'll play on that server from now on, lots more encounters up north. :thumbsup:

It seemed just as smooth as a good 50 player server.

Edited by Zorg

... that would most likely lead to this, due to ARMA engine:

Edited by ΑzaZeL

i'd stick to 40. Not too populated but you encounter a player from time to time. And there are also players whom like to play a lonely life in the woods and trying to avoid any players as best as possible. It would be unplayable for those people at a >80 player server.

EXACTLY and where is the fun when u hide in the bushes or woods all day long just come out to shoot another animal ??? u can play singleplayer then on hamachi or so ...... thats not the point of the game i htink, hide urself in the trees .......so the player have to avoid them MORE hide better and maybe get shoot ...... i think its more realstic when u see sometimes a player when i want to hide i would life forever lol ^^

maybe not ALL servers have to be this big but 50 / 50 would be nice i like to escape or gunfight with otthers its better then evry other shooter and its even more realsitic when more peaple then 50 survived in a 225km² Isle :P

... that would most likely lead to this, due to ARMA engine:

The game doesn't have to compute AI for human players. :)

The game doesn't have to compute AI for human players. :)

Yes, but it has to compute Infected AI, which increases with the player count! 1000/2000 zeds anyone?

When a server is below 100 player the system autamaticly change the players to another with 100 players like a quick match in bf3 or something ...... i think the land must be fuller of palyers

more players = more adrenalin = more zeds = more fun

and i hope they never add some PvE servers ....... I LOVE THIS GAME :D :D

If you want more action, why not play call of duty? I think this game is prefect when you don't see any players too often, otherwise it's just gonna be another cod!

Edited by Sputnik
  • Like 1

I prefer 30-40 personally. There are only a handful of places people really go to on the map. If you had 250 you'd just be asking for a pure death match server.

• Like 1

I prefer 30-40 personally. There are only a handful of places people really go to on the map. If you had 250 you'd just be asking for a pure death match server.

This^^

I have nothing agains the odd pvp interactions but if all I wanted to do was run around shooting other people I would go play a FPS game and not a Survival game.

• Like 1

I believe the servers should stay 100 or less, while I prefer 50 or so I can see sometimes going more populated but 250 is crazy