Sign in to follow this  
gaerd

I'd like to see a 28 days later horde

When I saw the three taglines for Dayz, loot, kill bandits, survive. I tought the last part was some kind of barrication/fortification part.

I love the game as it is now but I think a random zed horde inavsion 1-2 times each 24 hours would add a great deal of extra fun to the game.

The scenario:

I'm sneaking around in cherno or elektro, looting and minding my bussiness when I hear an airbase alarm, like the one in Silent hill. Now I panic cuz I know the horde is 15 minutes away. I need to leave find a roof with no bandits or leave town and hope that I don't meet the horde. We are talking hundreds of zombies here.

I read about some similar ideas like the one with a horde patroling the map but no one like this. I really think this would add a thrilling edge to the game.

Maybe with a new gadget like a radio you could recieve messeges like, horde seen at Elektro heading north

What do you guys think, anyone else who'd like to see this feature?

I actually like the horde idea, where one or twice a day, a massive horde of zombies will swoop the server..

But...

1 - MASSIVE server lags.

2 - Players will most likely disconnect until it passes.

Edited by krtshv

Yes there are some perks with the suggestion we need to work on. The server hops feels like a global problem. Maybe the main server could "controll" the horde for all servers?

After the last update there was room for 100 players instead of 50 so I think there is room for more performence improvements so the horde could spawn. Maybe 30 zombies is enough even!

I like this idea, but I agree with krtshv's points. Maybe when the lag issues are sorted a little more they might be a more feasible idea.

As for players logging off, some would. Others that play the game to have "fun" (as much fun as DayZ can bring anyway :P) would enjoy the challenge of taking on a zombie horde.

It would also discourage PvP in popular areas - perhaps a horde could be tied to the amount of PvP in an area. So PvP hotspots are more likely to have the horde visit (kinda makes sense as they could be attracted toward the corpses and gunshots). That, and in the bandits mind, the 4 guys he just killed could've either drawn the hordes attention while he escaped or helped fend them off. It makes for more decision every time you pull the trigger on someone.

Maybe 30 zombies is enough even!

I liked the idea of 100 zombies.

30? I get that much when I just don't give a damn and run from building to building.

But, the server I usually play on, has 1200 zombies max when there are 4-5 players on-server.

Yes thats great! If there is too much noise (shots and explosions) in one spot will attract the horde :)

It would be fun if you could start the siren manually and attract hordes to ;)

It would be fun if you could start the siren manually and attract hordes to ;)

While fun and funny, that would open up a whole new layer of griefing lol

I liked the idea of 100 zombies.

30? I get that much when I just don't give a damn and run from building to building.

But, the server I usually play on, has 1200 zombies max when there are 4-5 players on-server.

Yes the performance feels like the biggest issue.

But usually there is 500 zombies on the server when there is 40-50 players online. I think 100 can be spared for the horde then.

While fun and funny, that would open up a whole new layer of griefing lol

I know where I would run after respawn if some bandits killed me ;)