liamcz@hotmail.com

Arma 2 oa has stopped working - crash to desktop: FIXED!!

Whoever is still having this issue just replace BEClient.dlll in this location - "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye" with the correct version from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html

This 'correct version' is only correct if using 1.61 i.e. 94945. All the people in this thread who followed the steps are all on 1.60 i.e. 94876. Downloading the BE server and client dll's will cause their game to crash and we'll be back at square one. Bottom line: ONLY USE THE NEW BE DLL'S IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO 94945.

This 'correct version' is only correct if using 1.61 i.e. 94945. All the people in this thread who followed the steps are all on 1.60 i.e. 94876. Downloading the BE server and client dll's will cause their game to crash and we'll be back at square one. Bottom line: ONLY USE THE NEW BE DLL'S IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO 94945.

I ment correct version as to be compatible with patch you are running , if you reverted back to 94876 , the RC1 fucks up your registry and it looks for Battleye in %APPDATA% folder for some reason so that's why you need to download Battleye client version 1.60 and replace it in %APPDATA% . This is the final step in reverting to 94876 .

Edited by arsovmar

For windows 7 users if you want this to go as easily as possible, Search 'my computer' for 'battleye' and delete everything you find. Delete the beta folder and revert your game back to original. The important thing is that every single file on your computer named battleye.dll is completely deleted. Then run the patch you want to run, 94876 being considered the most stable. When it installs it will ask you to install battleye and you should. Have the mod installed the way you normally do and you should be good to go.

I think this helped me.. I did this before updating to the latest beta and no problems after that

Had 1.7.2.3 with 949XX. Worked just fine for a bit and then when I joined a server I was stuck at Waiting for host.

Fixed this by>

Go to> C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

Backup the> BattlEye.dll (that is save it somewhere else, and delete it)

Join a 949XX server and leave (it will not let you play).

Go to> C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

Replace the> BattlEye.dll (with the one you saved earlier)

Will probably have to do this every so often to continue playing but at least it works.

Edited by numethon

This 'correct version' is only correct if using 1.61 i.e. 94945. All the people in this thread who followed the steps are all on 1.60 i.e. 94876. Downloading the BE server and client dll's will cause their game to crash and we'll be back at square one. Bottom line: ONLY USE THE NEW BE DLL'S IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO 94945. and replace files located in arma 2 oa filder and the one in app data folder. I couldnt connect withou it.

I still had to download v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876 and replace files located in arma 2 oa folder and the one in app data folder. It didnt worked withou it (but I am not sure whether I was getting "Waiting for Host",crashing or something else. Oh, my damn memory...)

EDIT: I joined one game, played for a while. Get back ti it now and I was getting infinite Loading. Reinstaling BattleEye via Steam solved this problem. Interesting...

Edited by rancor1223

So I've been reading through many of these posts, and it's fairly evident that if my steps don't work, it's definitely got them on the roll of fixing their problem, and a string of possible fixes have shown up. So thank you to you people, every extra method helps out the community.

Good work guys, I'd give you my beans, but I don't think I have that many ;)

I've installed Battleye a thousand times in a thousand ways, it still crashes right at this precise point. I've tried having the game install it, the standalone battleye installer install it, and several different patches install it. Nothing keeps the game from crashing!

Whoever is still having this issue just replace BEClient.dlll in this location - "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye" with the correct version from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Brilliant, thanks mate.

I've installed Battleye a thousand times in a thousand ways, it still crashes right at this precise point. I've tried having the game install it, the standalone battleye installer install it, and several different patches install it. Nothing keeps the game from crashing!

You need to make sure you run the game as soon as you delete BattlEye. So basically go into your ArmA folders and uninstall BE and delete all remaining folder, then open the game and join a server, quit the game, delete the beta folder, install the beta version you want and reinstall BattlEye with it, then join a NORMAL arma 2 game to get the required BattlEye files (this will happen automatically). Then leave and try joining a DayZ server.

I did everything but it wasnt untill this last part.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye and delete the BattlEye.dll in it!

That it finnaly worked.

Thanks

• Like 2

reco youre an effing genius!!!!

and rammfisch sry but adding that part about deleting the HIDDEN dll file in appdata coulda saved me some time.

thanks reco,

• Like 1

reco youre an effing genius!!!!

and rammfisch sry but adding that part about deleting the HIDDEN dll file in appdata coulda saved me some time.

thanks reco,

I would have but I never came across it :P I never found any BE files or folders anywhere. Many other people got through the problem without this step, it may just occur for some users for a particular reason, however I have no idea what. And thanks for contributing, reco. Nice find :)

• Like 1

rammfisch how do you update your versions? after this fiasco im afraid to use six updater again,

should i just download the newest arma2 beta installers and do it that way? but if i do, how do i properly update battleye?

i just dont wanna have to do this all again since it started with my beta versions getting all messed up and reverting back and all this stuff

ps i typically use dayzcommander now to load servers so if i can avoid six launcher altogether please let me know

Edited by ssjenforcer

Just want to say that i did nothing BUT the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye and delete the BattlEye.dll"-step, and now appear to be able to join servers again :s.

My problem before wasn't even the battleeye message (anymore, had that earlier when using the newest beta, back-patched to 94876), but that my game was crashing to desktop while trying to join.

I don't really want to recommend this solution since i guess it could have unforeseen consequences, and I've only tried it launching through steam so far. But it appears to be working now - computers man, I do not compute them...

Rammfisch fix did not work for me initially.

I couldnt even connect to regular games, was CTD after loading screen.

However removing the BEXXXXX.dll files from C:\Users\... helped and now i can connect to regular games. Im reinstalling dayz and trying it.

Thank you rammfisch (and others) for spending time to help.

- EDIT -

Yes everything works, Im in game. After I deleted the dll files my sixlauncher freaked out and gave me error on launch. Dont know if it was due to me running several beta patches or dll files themselves.

Im starting to think that those files in c:\users are the source of problem as they dont seem to update during reinstall/updates of battleeye and end up causing conflict. Maybe someone having a problem can try just straight up deleting them first instead of trying the whole fix. It just might work

- EDIT -

And to the dude who created Battle Eye and doesnt even have a support forum on website... Theres a special place in hell for people like you... If I was in a game developing industry i would make every effort to ensure you would never get another contract with any gaming company.

Edited by Padla

Tried and tested and did not work.

Followed it and no work!

I've followed it to the T and still crashes to dekstop saying not working. Annoyed with this now!

Edited by kyle939

Tried and tested and did not work.

Followed it and no work!

I've followed it to the T and still crashes to dekstop saying not working. Annoyed with this now!

I installed the latest betapatch from:

Patch download links :: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ :thumbsup:

Started the game and only searched for servers with 95054 installed, tried one and VOILA it was working flawless.

rammfisch how do you update your versions? after this fiasco im afraid to use six updater again,

should i just download the newest arma2 beta installers and do it that way? but if i do, how do i properly update battleye?

i just dont wanna have to do this all again since it started with my beta versions getting all messed up and reverting back and all this stuff

ps i typically use dayzcommander now to load servers so if i can avoid six launcher altogether please let me know

Update my versions? Do you mean my Beta patch and my DayZ files? If so, I just go the the link mentioned above by MrPoweredByRedston and download them from there. At the moment I'm sticking with 1.60 until a stable release of 1.61 is out. For the DayZ files, I just download them from the DayZ alpha download page. There's many tutorials on how to do everything online :)

And Pheenix, this 95054, you say it's working flawlessly. Are you comparing this to 95954? Just curious to weather or not I should consider updating my server and testing it out. Don't feel like doing another fix if it fails, too time consuming :P

Followed directions to a T, use six updater, now instead of a CTD I am getting an infinite "wait for host" only thing that has changed from last night when it was working was that I ran the six updater.

FFS 3 hours doing my own thing and trying your guys helpful hints and I am back at square one. Started as a wait for host problem then a CTD now back to wait for host.

help?

If you are getting wait for host you might try deleteing the @DayZ folder then running sixupdater again and installing it. It fixed that issue for me.

Followed directions to a T, use six updater, now instead of a CTD I am getting an infinite "wait for host" only thing that has changed from last night when it was working was that I ran the six updater.

FFS 3 hours doing my own thing and trying your guys helpful hints and I am back at square one. Started as a wait for host problem then a CTD now back to wait for host.

help?

When you get stuck at wait for host, it's a problem with the BattlEye files not communicating as they should with your beta patch. I'm guessing you are either running 94945 or 95054. Download these 2 files:

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/1.61/BEClient.dll

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/1.61/BEServer.dll

and put them into your arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/BattlEye folder and replace the files already in there with the ones you just downloaded.

I installed the latest betapatch from:

Started the game and only searched for servers with 95054 installed, tried one and VOILA it was working flawless.

Tried and does not work. Still crashes to desktop via Steam and Six Updater gives me the cannot edit mission crap or failed to connect. Does not work at all!

EDIT: I just deleted the @Dayz folder, and then went to Six Launcher and pressed install, tried a game through Six Launcher and works... So far.

Tried it through Steam and it still crashes to desktop. I hope this gets fixed because I need my game to run through Steam, as I need and use the overlay on a big scale so best fix it soon!

Edited by kyle939

I have followed this as closely as I know how for the 5th time. I was crashing to the desktop upon the loading screen below the tank. Now I'm getting "waiting for Host" and stuck. All the servers do not show green. They are showing "yellow with a ?". Where am I going wrong?