Sign in to follow this  
joe.gaming890@hotmail.co.uk

Global chat server?

I thought it was enjoyable to have side chat back when playing the 1.7.2.2 test build on SE3 and SE4. E.g. people called out for help, other survivors ran to their location and helped them out. Engagements were avoided because groups were able to communicate over longer distances, people could arrange meeting points for trade of gear etc etc. So I think side chat can help to give objectives to people running around up north.

Let's either get some servers with sidechat enabled, or maybe BIS could add a "subscribe to global chat enable/disable" function in the menu. For some of us the chat isn't ruing immersion, the lack of it makes the game world dull and boring when it's restricted to direct chat.

• Like 1

I thought it was enjoyable to have side chat back when playing the 1.7.2.2 test build on SE3 and SE4. E.g. people called out for help, other survivors ran to their location and helped them out. Engagements were avoided because groups were able to communicate over longer distances, people could arrange meeting points for trade of gear etc etc. So I think side chat can help to give objectives to people running around up north.

Let's either get some servers with sidechat enabled, or maybe BIS could add a "subscribe to global chat enable/disable" function in the menu. For some of us the chat isn't ruing immersion, the lack of it makes the game world dull and boring when it's restricted to direct chat.

I absolutely agree!

the reason they got rid of it in the first place is because people were abusing it to lure others and kill them and its not very realistic

If they bring any kind of global communication, I think it should be strictly through radios. As far as I'm concerned side chat has no place in DayZ. Sometimes it is kind of nice, even comical the stuff you'll see there, but most of the time it's just this annoying thing that won't go away. Not to mention all the people spamming their mic on it.

I hope Radios are (officially?) added and put to use, that would be nice. They shouldn't be super rare though.

• Like 1

Removing the side/global chat is the worst thing happened to this mod and its a game breaker for me.I would go play a singleplayer game if i wanted no chat or communication.Now you have to go near a player to ask if hes friendly.And get shot in the process.HARDCORE BULLSHIT.

Exactly this.It feels like a singleplayer mod.Only the multi aspect of this mod right now is ppl killing each other on sight.

That is such a bullshit i cant even describe with words.That was the only fun thing in this mod.Grouping up with random strangers to raid bandits or simply chat with survivors.

I totally agree with this.

So I vote positive to bring back the function again..

Also want global chat. Unless you happen to have friends online or be in a teamspeak or something like that, it's boring having nobody in-game to interact with that isn't 70 feet away and damned near impossible to understand through the voice codec.

I liked the side chat cause otherwise, I feel like I'm just playing a game with mutes. Also, it's a nice thing to do to pass the time cause sometimes when I'm just running in the woods, it could get pretty damn boring (lack of auto-run button makes it worse). The chat keeps me company. They can also provide useful tips like how to get out of the debug forest (thanks to buggy 1.7.1.1 patch). It can be annoying, however, to hear people singing, etc. over it. So, it should be restricted to text communication only.

• Like 2

I liked the side chat cause otherwise, I feel like I'm just playing a game with mutes. Also, it's a nice thing to do to pass the time cause sometimes when I'm just running in the woods, it could get pretty damn boring (lack of auto-run button makes it worse). The chat keeps me company. They can also provide useful tips like how to get out of the debug forest (thanks to buggy 1.7.1.1 patch). It can be annoying, however, to hear people singing, etc. over it. So, it should be restricted to text communication only.

This.Make it only text communication and its a win-win situation for everyone.ATM this game is nothing more than a singleplayer running simulator.

This seems like a good idea.Please bring back the global or side chat.

If they bring any kind of global communication, I think it should be strictly through radios. As far as I'm concerned side chat has no place in DayZ. Sometimes it is kind of nice, even comical the stuff you'll see there, but most of the time it's just this annoying thing that won't go away. Not to mention all the people spamming their mic on it.

I hope Radios are (officially?) added and put to use, that would be nice. They shouldn't be super rare though.

this.

Reluctantly, ( I love immersion) I agree, but please only text on side channel. I always hated the people who would start screaming crap over voice com on side channel as I was cautiously looting a dangerous area.

However I reveled in the joy of being able to chat (text) with people in side chat about silly crap or meeting up or needing meds etc. My vote definitely is placed in recognition of the fact that immersion in this game can be invigorating without sidechat. Sometimes its more fun to be able to communicate with people it is a game after all. An option to turn the chat off when you don't want to be bothered by it but still have it there for those who want it would be great.

I agree with most of you here, i would love to see the side chat back.

I also agree with having it only be text, a huge part of the game for me is listening to signs of zed, or bandits near by. Nothing is better than having the crap scared out of me by that creepy throaty sound the zed make, right freaking next to you outta nowhere. Also having it just be text and no voice would prevent the inevitable rick roll spam.

As far as it being taken away because dumb asses were lured in to bandit traps... pshhhh. Thats half the fun in the game and realistic as hell. When the shit hits the fan there are going to be all sorts of people. From overly friendly folks that help everyone and get songs written about them when they die, to the uber - evil guy who goes straight bonkers due to watching his kitty kitty Lulu get eaten by a zombie baby and starts trapping people, tying them up, putting cat ears on them and dancing them around in an adult diaper. People get lured in to traps without side chat, people will continue to get lured in to traps with side chat.

tl;dr Sidechat good, global voice bad, adult diapers are creepy

Global chat should return with the ability to turn it off.You want immersion? Turn it off.