Deuzerre

Is losing everything... Enough?

Agreed. EVERYTHING needs to become more rarer, it's too easy to get anythng at the moment.

I agree 100%

I'd rather see less ammo and magazines with very few rounds. Reduce the ammo in game, reduce the retarded behavior. Finding an AK wouldn't mean much if it only had 3 bullets. You'd really have to decide whether or not to carry it around while hoping to find more rounds.

I'd rather see less ammo and magazines with very few rounds. Reduce the ammo in game, reduce the retarded behavior. Finding an AK wouldn't mean much if it only had 3 bullets. You'd really have to decide whether or not to carry it around while hoping to find more rounds.

The PvP part isn't really the issue here. It's more about the penalty of death, and how fast it is to go back to full stuff.

I dont agree on rarity change but my suggestion was crapped all over when i said remove all military outposts near cherno/elektro and have the closest 2-3km up north

therefor the makarov noobs and kill each other in cherno until they realize the good stuff is up north. Because atm kids just raid the airfield near cherno and get aks too easily (but they do make good practice targets for me as the deer stands are elevated) :)

How about master-server based loot? As frustrating as it is to walk into a large building and find nothing but tin cans, it's more ludicrous to log into a server the next day to find your building full of high-end loot. Like someone walked in and died all over the room dropping all their gear everywhere while you slept. A master-loot table with a set amount of weapons available across all servers would be awesome. Where the clan which hordes all the .50 cals obviously took months to acquire them by hunting down every owner across all servers.

When a weapon is lost from either a dead survivor or other means, the master server opens a slot for that weapon and it spawns on some other server later, keeping a static number available. I really like this idea; makes it more important to loot players who get killed, and to help those who have good weapons and are in need of aid.

the problem with this is how do you get that static number? there have been 200,000 sales of arma II in the past month and dayz gains 5% more players every single day

Sounds to me like, since the only solution to the issue is increasing the rarity of the "good" items, the game is overall lacking content for you. I suggest, if you want to be able to have a character that needs A TON of progression to achieve end game, you play MMORPGs / RPGs (Guild Wars 2 looks good).

Less weapons, and when you die you can't play for 1h. Stay simple.

No. good guns are rare as they are now, and why make stuff even rarer? there's already a ridiculously miniscule chance that you find morphine, which is something you need, rather than a gun, which is something you want. so, what's the point?

think rare guns are quite hard to get. I feel they have become harder to get or ppl loot the barracks more these days? Before you could find a nice weapon with a good sight after visiting NW a couple of times.

nodays I dont find shit in NW barracks. have been running around NW for about a week now searching for something good but nothing...

i really like the m16 acog and before 1.7 I found it twice in a couple of days. now i havent seen it for 2 weeks.

and there was often a sniper rifle or some other good weapons I dont needed. Nowdays there is only shotguns and akm...

Edited by stimpen

Weapons (but not ammo) spawning mechanics are generally ok, but duping exploits mess things up. The only thing that needs fixing are the deer stands , its just crazy what can you find there and in what amounts. I hope it will be changed in more ballancing Beta part where more civil guns will be introduced.

BIG ammo scarcity for high/medium tier guns is needed to balance the game a bit. I have seen people running around with dozens of mags, not to mention amount of ammo in tents/cars - thats just ridiculous.

The death mechanics ? I would love to see a combination of following things :

- for example 30 min cool down after death preventing from respawning all over again

- for example limit of 10 lifes per month, you can die 10 times till ... lets say fifth day of month when your life stat replenish to 10 again. You're out of lifes ? Bad luck, wait till 5 just like for your payroll :P

- servers with entrance limit of days your character lived

The PvP part isn't really the issue here. It's more about the penalty of death, and how fast it is to go back to full stuff.

Yeah. I got off track a bit but you did mention weapons and rarity. Wouldn't having much less ammo make epic loot all that more epic? As you said, people find a good gun and then go survivor hunting. If that gun only had 6 rounds rather than 60, that would change. Making the current top tier guns more rare than they are now would only make the game feel a little stale. You'd run around for even longer with just a winchester or enfield and you wouldn't really find anything else at all until you got really REALLY lucky. And rather than trading guns, trading ammo instead of lead would go a long way towards a bartering/trading culture in game.

Removing the high end guns from the firehouses in Cherno and Elektro would help a lot right now.