Sign in to follow this  
DDaron

Sunrise and Sunset?

At witch exact time does the sun rise and set in DayZ? I'd like to play during dusk/dawn a bit more often.

Sunset is about 7-8pm ish... Sun rise... I've no clue to be honest :/ I think it's around 4am cause 4am seems pretty bright

Must be 8am for sunrise. I'm on a French server, it's 7:15am and the sun is still down in the game ... maybe I should try another ... How can i see what time it is on the server ?

Must be 8am for sunrise. I'm on a French server, it's 7:15am and the sun is still down in the game ... maybe I should try another ... How can i see what time it is on the server ?

Find a watch.
  • Like 1

Just been playing on a public Chernarus server v1.7.4.4 after reading this and it was complete darkness at 4:30am (dayZ time) with stars and just two-tone silhouettes with gamma right up. At about 6 vision began improving with sunrise (sky beginning to show blue) at 6:30 after which I had OK B&W vision with gamma right up, I could turn the gamma down to normal and see properly at about 6:45 (no night-vision goggles). So, I'd say without night-vision, you're going to be in trouble if you meet another player before 6:30 dayZ time. I checked all these times on my in-game watch because I'd just read this before logging in.

I think daylight begins to fade at about 4:30pm with darkness around 6:30 so I reckon it's set to an equal 12hr day/night cycle.

Just been playing on a public Chernarus server v1.7.4.4 after reading this and it was complete darkness at 4:30am (dayZ time) with stars and just two-tone silhouettes with gamma right up. At about 6 vision began improving with sunrise (sky beginning to show blue) at 6:30 after which I had OK B&W vision with gamma right up, I could turn the gamma down to normal and see properly at about 6:45 (no night-vision goggles). So, I'd say without night-vision, you're going to be in trouble if you meet another player before 6:30 dayZ time. I checked all these times on my in-game watch because I'd just read this before logging in.

I think daylight begins to fade at about 4:30pm with darkness around 6:30 so I reckon it's set to an equal 12hr day/night cycle.

I was just on a server where at 3:45 am it was very visible, and had tons of color by 4:15 am. It was also still somewhat visible at 10 pm on that same server earlier. This was a public hive server. DayZ has a varying day/night cycle just like earth.

Edited by Castle

DayZ's day/night cycle follow ArmA's ingame calendar. The moon follow a lunar calendar too.

It depends on the specific date.