Ander (DayZ)

1.7.2.3 servers not running hive 0.6.2.1 or newer

If you do not update and run the old version you break ARMA X characters and playersyncing.

Just Curious... If we have to update this for ARMA X players.. Then you guys say "You didnt pay for DayZ You paid for Arma 2 - then how does this effect Arma X they are not buying Day Z, yet if they cant play its Day Z's fault and we have to update?

Well. You still break playersyncing, so while we add ARMA X support we also fix a lot of different stuff that you miss out on if you dont update.

The game is afterall what "we" make it and we want anyone "volunteering" to run the serverfiles to run the latest versions that we provide.

We'll lock out those who dont upgrade eventually, given ample time to upgrade.

You just made it sound like it's your gear that is the most important thing, which we all agreed it is not.

Maybe just wrongly chosen words or maybe I'm tad oversensitive to all "hoarders" (not saying you must be one of them) that can't stand loosing stuff during alfa stage and then are crying for version rollback.

Nah, if I must lose the gear for a major update then so be it we're all testers anyway. Eventually everyone is going to lose everything including the l33t clans that hoard every vehicle off in the boonies. Pretty sure this game is never leaving the testing phase since I think they are using arma 2 for testing ideas and they will use the arma 3 release with the new dayz on that system as the finished product.

Can we please get a server owner only section on the forum please. Having to sift through " I've just lost my gear" posts to actually read important content is starting to get a tad annoying.

Thanks.

Please update your hive version.

If you do not update and run the old version you break ARMA X characters and playersyncing.

You need to update or we will eventually turn off your access.

Please turn off al servers that are passworded or have < 30 slots. Can this be automated? We cant report all those servers.

I am trying to update the hive on our server but I cannot find the files to do it.

EDIT:

We asked the host provider to do it. They said that they had already done so but the ghillie and camo not register bug still happens. Basically when you put it on it resets your monitor (this used to happen before and fix itself after you logged back into server later). But now when you go back into the server it just resets all the way back to the point you put the camo/ghillie on.

Edited by anonymous83

Should move this thread to Server General. Will stop a lot of client side response queries to this thread.

• Like 1

Hi all

I´m running DE 397 with all files at the latest version (hive 0.6.2.1, dayz 1.7.2.3, beta 94876), but we still have the desync issues.

It was not so easy to get the server starting without error messages. But i solved it with the big Arma2OA1.60 patch. Now my server starts without any issues. This Info is missing in the "How To" ;)

As we had the server on Arma2OA 1.59 it was much smoother i think but with error messages on startup.

My server is an Opteron 3280, 16GB, 2x 2TB HDD 100MB/s with W2K8 R2. The server is strong enough to handle the load. But i don´t want to increase from currently 40 to 50 players, because of desyncing issues that stress my cpu very strong, and that very often.

Should i update my server to beta 94945? Or do i have to wait for a fix? My players and me are not very happy atm with the performance but we try to live with. It s Alpha ;)

Cheers

Polli

Edited by Polli

I'm really interested in knowing how many servers are running the right hive, becuase I've had multiple characters as I've tried to connect to different servers and it annoyed me.

And also, I can only connect to one server at the moment and I'm wondering if getting this new beta patch will fix this (as soon as the servers patch up as well) or if it's no point in patching just yet?

When I started using 94945 I got severe problems with Waiting for host.

Buying ArmA X was stupid of me... Should have bought it on Steam... but I love playing with a real map without all the loot on it...

Think fair warning has been given now.

Next hive patch will be mandatory and older versions will cease working after a few days.

Unpinning this topic.

• Like 2

I believe LU38 has an old hive version. At this moment, I am unable to connect. I get the "bad version" rejection.

I hope the admin updates his server soon enouch.

Edited by DutchRanger