Ander (DayZ)

1.7.2.3 servers not running hive 0.6.2.1 or newer

Please update your hive version.

If you do not update and run the old version you break ARMA X characters and playersyncing.

You need to update or we will eventually turn off your access.

• Like 23

Can you tell us if this is what's causing all the major de-sync issues on all servers since 1.7.2?

Thanks for your hard work guys!

i can confirm the heavy desync issues with 1.7.2.3. we (a group of 4) played on two different "lu" servers yesterday. some of us had to reconnect during our session because of minor lags. those who reconnected started to experience different day-times from those who were on the server all the time. while those who did not reconnect had deep night on the server, the others who reconnected still had sunny daytime. i was in deep night myself, then i reconnected too and it was instantly daytime after that.

these desyncs also caused some weird issues when driving with a car. it sometimes happened that one of our group mempers (who had deep night while others had daytime) was "teleported" out of the car to a location where we were driving trough maybe half a minuite before. so the player with different time on the server was "set-back" somehow to a previous location. we picked him up again and after a few minutes he was again set back to a location we were driving through a few seconds ago. then he reconnected, he switched from deep night to daytime too and then he wasnt teleported out of the car again...

ok which one are we suppose to be using because wasnt 6.2.1 released and then we had to get a mini hotfix for it?

• Like 1

Please update your hive version.

If you do not update and run the old version you break ARMA X characters and playersyncing.

You need to update or we will eventually turn off your access.

wtf is a hive version ? i updated arma beta to 94876 and it fucked my game... ?

So... any gear we have on a server RIGHT NOW with version 1.7.2.3 can be potentially lost again after a server updates their hive version? This is really important since I just put up a tent in a server, and I need to make sure it wont magically poof once the server updates. :(

This is really important since I just put up a tent in a server, and I need to make sure it wont magically poof once the server updates. :(

You are mistaken. Only thing that is really important is to squish bugs and get stable versions etc.

If your gear is lost in the process,then its just the way of alpha tester.

• Like 15

Hey ander, got to chat with you the other day on Se 3. Hope you remember what I asked you about lol.

Also moving forward I dont think you should allow a grace period for server owners. If the server doesnt meet standards that you set forth it shouldnt be allowed to run. Youve made a post about it and if a server owner cant keep his files updated he will be shut down till the update. I think this would help lessen the strain on the players and confusion when multiple updates are released.

• Like 4

How we can see as player what servers have latest hive-version to avoid problems?

Edited by paniohitus
  • Like 1

You are mistaken. Only thing that is really important is to squish bugs and get stable versions etc.

Losing gear isnt "stable". You are both arguing the same point.

@paniohitus As of right now there isnt a way. Thats why I think servers with older files shouldnt be allowed to run moving forward.

Hey ander, got to chat with you the other day on Se 3. Hope you remember what I asked you about lol.

Also moving forward I dont think you should allow a grace period for server owners. If the server doesnt meet standards that you set forth it shouldnt be allowed to run. Youve made a post about it and if a server owner cant keep his files updated he will be shut down till the update. I think this would help lessen the strain on the players and confusion when multiple updates are released.

Hey! It's you! Who tried to murder me the other day at the Firestation in Cherno! Too bad I had a bigger gun ey? ^^

Anyway. I completely agree on that. If they dont keep it up-to-date within a certain time period lets say 24 hours, that server should be removed from the game list until it's updated.

... You're saying the same thing I'm saying in different words. Besides what I meant by "really important" is that I could wait to set up my tent once the server/patch/whatever is stable.

Someone's always gotta throw in the ol' "It's alpha" comment. We know it's alpha, we know there are bugs, but it doesn't mean I'm going to not figure out a way to save my gear if possible.

Hey! It's you! Who tried to murder me the other day at the Firestation in Cherno! Too bad I had a bigger gun ey? ^^

Anyway. I completely agree on that. If they dont keep it up-to-date within a certain time period lets say 24 hours, that server should be removed from the game list until it's updated.

HAHAH Hey man. I was in a panic, spawned with just a pistol right next the firehouse and you jumped out in front of me, instinct took over lol. Sorry I didnt have anything good on me though lol

@Ander can you tell us if at least if a good amount of servers are running the new @Hive files?

I lost my gear while not updating to 1.7.2 and keeping it 1.7.1.5 and trying to connect to servers who say it is in 1.7.1.5 version and actualy is 1.7.2. This is so wrong.

How can you tell if theyre up to date

Need an answer to this;

Can we also get direction on this rather then a vague statement pinned on a forum?

Cheers

DJ

Edited by DJSean00
  • Like 2

... You're saying the same thing I'm saying in different words. Besides what I meant by "really important" is that I could wait to set up my tent once the server/patch/whatever is stable.

Someone's always gotta throw in the ol' "It's alpha" comment. We know it's alpha, we know there are bugs, but it doesn't mean I'm going to not figure out a way to save my gear if possible.

You just made it sound like it's your gear that is the most important thing, which we all agreed it is not.

Maybe just wrongly chosen words or maybe I'm tad oversensitive to all "hoarders" (not saying you must be one of them) that can't stand loosing stuff during alfa stage and then are crying for version rollback.

Just lost all my gear due to trying to put on a ghillie suit... ...major desync issues... ...still love this game... ...god damn it....