Sign in to follow this  
Suzie (DayZ)

What gun did you find the first time?

I only just rolled into DayZ this week and for a while been stuck on finding just hatchets and loads of ammo.

Last night however finally managed to find myself some guns.

First gun I managed to get my hands on was a fancy AK-74 :-)

First gun I found was a Lee Enfield, and a single mag. Aptly named the Dinner Bell, as the first time I pulled the trigger it took less than a minute to die.

After that, I picked up (variously) a Crossbow, a Makarov PM, a double-barreled shotgun, and a Winchester. Not all at once, obviously. Some were discarded for others, some were lost when I died a few times.

I've now settled on an AKM and a 1911. If I come across another crossbow, however, I'll likely grab that and store it. The 1911 is a fantastic weapon, though.

Double barreled shotgun or makarov

A Ak something on my truck i found, then after the glitched death a Double barrel shot gun, then 10 minutes later a crossbow....and going back to a deer hut after i logged back in a AKM all on the same serv going back and forth from a high yield barn and deer hut lol.

first gun was a G17 or Glock 17 i found in a little wodden tower in the middle of no where, i then proceded to using a lee enfield. a shotgun and a ak using all there ammo and dropping them, after about 3 days gameplay i found my first lot of ammo for the Glock 17, broke a bone found out the Glock wasnt anywhere near as powerful as any of my primary weapons and was killed.

First gun, M4a1 Silenced.

This. My friend and I made it to the NW airfield and I snagged one of these, and I didn't know how rare it was.

This. My friend and I made it to the NW airfield and I snagged one of these, and I didn't know how rare it was.

haha i found that rifle with night vision scope but it was day so i thought wtf useless shitty crap gun is that and kept my lee enfield^^

first gun was a makarov

My First gun would probably be The M4A1 CCO SD with 6 mags. and my first backpack to get was Alice Pack Still no pistol First died at NW airfield.

The first gun I found was on my fourth try I think. I was crawling to Komarovo from the south industrial buildings and as I went through a bush in front of the track I suddenly had an AKM in Hands along with 5 magazines. I crawled back to the industrial building went up to the roof and started killing zeds until I ran out of ammo.

Makarov. I then shot some zombies and immediately discovered the reasoning behind not starting with a gun.

I then shot some zombies and immediately discovered the reasoning behind not starting with a gun.

Yes I know what you mean and I think it's also the reason why people are playing it more as some sort of FFA or Team Deathmatch.

If Zeds were more of a challange people were much more inclined to make friends and help each other out, I guess. As soon as you've got a weapon you're practically invincible to Zeds as long as your ammo does not run out. It simply get's boring pretty fast to take on zombies. Taking on other players at least is challanging.

Sorry for this kind of off-topic post.

Winchester. I still love that gun for some reason..

First gun I picked up 5 minutes after my first spawn. I put a bullet in one of the zombies brains and before I know it, every zombie across the fucking map was running towards the sound of me ringing the dinner bell.

Everyone's talking about Ak's and cool guns, all I've found is a Jerry Can, and I've been playing all day :( oh well.