It has been a boon to my ArmA group.

And saying that someone isn't "playing the right way" in ArmA is completely against the philosophy of ArmA.

You get the tools and the massive open space to play how you want to play, that's why people play ArmA. If you want structure then yeah, go play something else. Or open one of those horrible servers where everyone is acting like it's the military.......... which is really fucking gay.

I'll reiterate, if you are getting sniped or picked on by yourself, maybe you need to actually own up to your critique and play Day Z the way ArmA was meant to be played.... you know with friends.

I haven't been killed by bandits/survivors since days. One random survivor even gave me painkillers and morphine while I was laying half dead on the ground. That said, I rarely, if at all, visit cherno or elektro as those are known for bandits.

The problem I have with DayZ is a lot of good public servers running Insurgency, Domination, ect have gone private or switched to DayZ. DayZ is awesome but I do miss the servers that were up before it came out.

I'm just... I'm lost for words. I have seen these threads on other places' date=' but to see such a thread here on the DayZ forums breaks my heart. I hope that you wake up and realize this is our chance to show people what ArmA2 can do. To take it mainstream. Or are you quite happy with the scraps of the sideline? Do you realize how difficult it is for developers like BIS as technology development costs increase?

You moan about having no friends to play with, then when you get friends you don't want to share your toys.

Grow up.

[/quote']

Rocket, I agree with you 100%. Every day the last few days, I've been checking top sellers on steam, seing it being at number 1, 2 and 3 allmost the whole time. And I've been smiling every time. I've felt for a long time that gaming had gone down the drain, due to generic games repeating the same recipes over and over and over. It has become more and more generic, more and more hand holding from the devs, more and more about fancy graphics over game play and story telling and more and more about stupid instant gratification.

I have high hopes for both ARMA III and the close to be Iron Front. I have one hope for ARMA III though, a compelling story, making the player feel the hopelessness of war, once more. How Operation Flashpoint made me feel, and still makes me feel today.

DayZ might be that incentive. This is not just about Bohemia Interactive gaining more of the praise it deserves, it's also hopefully going to get the attention of the game marked, the big companies. What YOU created, might just be that exact title that might spin the whole markeds attention towards _BETTER_ games.

Minecraft was the fist sign of chance, this is the second. You have PC gamer hooked, I LOVE that fact. You have brought back the good old feeling of gratification so many games have lacked for so many years. I even thought that It might have been me that have been getting older, but you gladly proved me wrong.

I hope DayZ will grow to be one of the biggest new things in the gaming marked for a very, very long time, hopefully being the spark of a new era in gaming! Bring back the dayz (pun intended) when gaming was awsome!

I would like to buy a picture of you to hang on my wall, now, seriously!

I bought this game just to play this mod and I haven't killed a single person (well one but he attacked me and I had to defend myself). Matter of fact, I've saved a few people from zombie hoards that would surely have eaten them.

So no, not all 9000 of us are assholes.

As a new player I am nothing like the op described. I got this game and mod because I wanted something slow and tactical, I also never fire on anyone. I've gotten close to a few survivors recently and never fire, I always lower my weapons even though it may spell death with me...and so far not one person has shot back.

Yes there are idiots out there that just shoot anything but they quickly get bored and quit because they cant understand the depth.

I bought this game just for this mod, because it very interesting. It almost reminds me of Eve-Online but in FPS form with zombies.

But the children will always show up, they always do.

Also avoiding murderers is very easy just, avoid the coast and airfields. Since those places are always full of them.

Shame on all of you who are complaining about new players. Seriously. Shame on you and your entitlement. For how long have we' date=' the ArmA2 community, been asking for some mainstream attention? For how long have we moaned that CoD and BF get all the glory, and we're on the sidelines? They are giving us that attention now. And I mean, if you don't want it... fine - that is probably better for me personally because people will think this is all me. But what I have been at pains to do is to make this the ArmA communities chance to shine. And at every turn I see some of these posts. And I shake my head...

Yes. New people bring new cultures, new problems, lack of understanding. But they bring new revenue, new ideas, new life, new volunteers, new tactics,...

I'm just... I'm lost for words. I have seen these threads on other places, but to see such a thread here on the DayZ forums breaks my heart. I hope that you wake up and realize this is our chance to show people what ArmA2 can do. To take it mainstream. Or are you quite happy with the scraps of the sideline? Do you realize how difficult it is for developers like BIS as technology development costs increase?

You moan about having no friends to play with, then when you get friends you don't want to share your toys.

Grow up.

[/quote']

Bravo. Well said.

This is Arma, nothing's changed. Teamwork & tactics, our fieldcraft & training make Arma veterans quite at home in this mod.

The new guys will either learn or move on.

I don't understand what the OP is on about. Playing Domi against ai is good training, but this is PVP.

And in Arma PvP life is cheap, don't matter who shot you, you're done.

Don't be a victim.

This mod has little to do with Arma 2. As far as i'm aware the two modes are seperate? It's simply a different experience to what you are used to on your usual Arma 2 modes...Surely you expected this to be the case?

Do you really expect everyone to run around working together? If a server of 50 men worked together against the zombies, the game would be far too easy. In my eyes, zombies aren't the enemy, man is, and survival is the goal. Zombies are relatively passive and quite easy to avoid. They simply work as a catalyst. They prevent all of us running around like idiots. People still do this, and they are punished in due course.

Personlly my goal is to survive, discover new areas, loot as much as possible and improve my loadouts as much as possible. If I have a week old character, close to perfection, will i trust anyone? Of course not! Would I be drooling over their ak if I was just an hour into my life with a makarov in hand if the roles were reversed? Of course I would be.

The game is about paranoia, it's about taking things you haven't earned, it's about punishing those who lack the correct decision making. That to me is what makes it fun, becoming as powerful as possible and surviving to tell the tale.

Of course, this is my SUBJECTIVE take on a game that has no rules, just our own moral compass. Each and every philosophy on how dayz should be played CAN and DOES coexist. That's the beauty of dayz. It's genuinely a revolutionary game. It's doing something no game has ever done before. So don't say it's ruining arma II. It's going to be bigger than Arma ever can be. Thats not an insult to a game that I personally love. I just feel Dayz is doing something incredible than has vast amounts of potential, a potential greater than any game or mod i have seen in years.

im just curios on how this will affect arma 3. I hope its not to late in development that all the earned money cant be reinvested in developing arma 3. dont buy pepsi and hookers for it all rocket.

Hey U Op idiot:

Learn how to play and your supposed not trust any survivors u idiot

This mod has just came out now go GTFO

-thanks for the example

Shame on all of you who are complaining about new players. Seriously. Shame on you and your entitlement. For how long have we' date=' the ArmA2 community, been asking for some mainstream attention? For how long have we moaned that CoD and BF get all the glory, and we're on the sidelines? They are giving us that attention now. And I mean, if you don't want it... fine - that is probably better for me personally because people will think this is all me. But what I have been at pains to do is to make this the ArmA communities chance to shine. And at every turn I see some of these posts. And I shake my head...

Yes. New people bring new cultures, new problems, lack of understanding. But they bring new revenue, new ideas, new life, new volunteers, new tactics,...

I'm just... I'm lost for words. I have seen these threads on other places, but to see such a thread here on the DayZ forums breaks my heart. I hope that you wake up and realize this is our chance to show people what ArmA2 can do. To take it mainstream. Or are you quite happy with the scraps of the sideline? Do you realize how difficult it is for developers like BIS as technology development costs increase?

Grow up.

[/quote']

Bravo. Well said.

- another example of mean spirited people.

btw i have people to play with but most guys are sick of this mod already. didnt take long before i was also.

im not elitist either, im a grown man, i just dont like the nastiness. i only dislike purposefully mean spirited people. thats all. all you ranting haters go ahead and hate i could care less. its all mediocre bs

So, you register on this mod's forum for the sole purpose of trolling the newbies.

Well played, very classy.

Shame on all of you who are complaining about new players. Seriously. Shame on you and your entitlement. For how long have we, the ArmA2 community, been asking for some mainstream attention? For how long have we moaned that CoD and BF get all the glory, and we're on the sidelines? They are giving us that attention now. And I mean, if you don't want it... fine - that is probably better for me personally because people will think this is all me. But what I have been at pains to do is to make this the ArmA communities chance to shine. And at every turn I see some of these posts. And I shake my head...

Grow up.

[/quote

I have no problem with new players. i just dont want assholes and childishness to be the mass majority. that's all. the fact that i have to explain that in extreme detail, and that i get hated on says volumes.

You're generalizing against a group of people simply because they are new, saying the "majority" are childish and assholes.

I'm saying that I am disappointed you are doing this, and I'm picking out specifics of what disappoints me. I'm not hating on you, I'm saying how disappointed I am with that attitude and hoping you might see that while this situation does bring problems - these problems should be seen as challenges for the community to solve.

I'm being specific and detailing the concerns I have. You're wildly slandering a nebulous concept of "new people" with no specifics, no evidence. Is this really how you want new people to see the ArmA community?

You're generalizing against a group of people simply because they are new' date=' saying the "majority" are childish and assholes.

I'm saying that I am disappointed you are doing this, and I'm picking out specifics of what disappoints me. I'm not hating on you, I'm saying how disappointed I am with that attitude and hoping you might see that while this situation does bring problems - these problems should be seen as challenges for the community to solve.

I'm being specific and detailing the concerns I have. You're wildly slandering a nebulous concept of "new people" with no specifics, no evidence. Is this really how you want new people to see the ArmA community?

[/quote']

Just being honest Rocket, but the majority of new people I have seen in the game have been assholes.

Now, that being said, it's not saying much really. The Arma community as a whole before were elitist, snobby assholes.

It's just that the "new breed" that you brought in with DayZ have been exceptionally trollish assholes. There have been a few gems....but not many.

Just because OP is saying that this mod is bringing in a bunch of trolls, doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what you're trying to do. It's just going to take time to weed out the retards.

That's all.

' pid='34874' dateline='1337389482']

I have no problem with new players.

' pid='34874' dateline='1337389482']9000 new players and not a one of them has anything to offer but grief

Just being honest Rocket' date=' but the majority of new people I have seen in the game have been assholes.

[/quote']

Please see:

http://www.neo-philosophy.com/LogicWeek3.html

Just because OP is saying that this mod is bringing in a bunch of trolls' date=' doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what you're trying to do

[/quote']

And:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

It's just going to take time to weed out the retards.

If there is one thing I can't stand, its people who make wild generalizations about "new people" or people who are different, maybe have a different culture and language, simply because they "don't like it".

You say the previous community were "elitist, snobby assholes" but the new community are "exceptionally trollish assholes". Based on nothing but your own experiences, treating those experiences as an absolute fact of the whole.

Given the accusations that you seem to smash out to nebulous groups of people, I'm not surprised you get a hostile response. I developed an instant dislike for you rather quickly. Please move along sir!

• Like 1

Can someone point me to where it's stated that new players have to play by the same rules and philosophy as the older ARMA 2 community? Didn't think so.

Does this difference make them retards and trolls? I'd think not, fresh blood and views can never hurt, especially in such an elitist community. (While the whole is not elitist, they are your major source of vocal outrage) Heaven forbid if you actually learn and adapt to the influx of newer members and strengthen the overall community from it, or perhaps the club is no longer exclusive...

Is this really how you want new people to see the ArmA community?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on the anthropological habits of doorknobs, but I would still hesitate before ascribing them human features such as eyeballs. I jest, of course. New blood injected into a largely stagnant, inbred community like ArmA's is, in the end, only for the best. Cheer up, though. Like Uncle Ben said, with new players comes intolerable condescension. That's the best condescension of all!

Grow up.

[/quote']

Thanks for sticking up for us new guys.

We aren't all bad.

This is an excellent thing for the ArmA franchise to have new people.

What's wrong with you people... The entire point of this mod is to portray a terribly dangerous, dubious world full of uncertainty, where you can trust no one, where people will shoot you out of fear and requirement.

This mod is about:

-Trusting no one

-Valuing your life

- Valuing your gear

- Doing what you need to survive

-Constantly weighing good will against paranoia, because both can pay off

You people with your Whitelists and comments about how the community is disgusting seems to be from a shock that this mod is the opposite of what ArmA is. Here you can trust no one, you have no assured friends, no assured back up. You have difficulty adapting to harshness like this, because nothing is granted like you've gotten used to.

If you wouldn't get shot everytime you did a stupid move, got careless and didnt weigh your every step and every shot, what would be the effin point? It would suck the fun right out of the entire mod. So what kinda people would you whitelist, people who only carebear around killing zombies until everyone has everything and everyone quits playing after 2 days? Jeez...

words

I think what he is politely trying to say is that maybe YOU are the asshole...you know, for judging groups of people for no reason other than they are different than you or play differently.

You have people who are used to other types of gaming. You now have the opportunity to embrace them, to teach them how to properly pray yours. Do not ditch them, but educate them.

Help, mentor, be kind, and in return you will have a huge community. An asshole most of the times is only an asshole because the ambient around him made him like this. Be remembred as the guys who helped this franchise defy the dominance of arcade shooters, that revolutionized the modern games industry.