the.ogbizzle@gmail.com

ROCKET, Too many hackers. let me password protect my server!

YEAH LET US FARM ANYTHING WE WANT WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS, PLEASE

Shit, this is even worse than Counter-Strike pub mess. What's this, 2001?

Edited by KizUrazgubi

i'm trying to talk the lads I play with into starting out on a private hive server, they wanna set one up - i'm thinking it would be better to start out on an established one and just playing there, rather that trying to get another one up and running..

• Like 1

i'm trying to talk the lads I play with into starting out on a private hive server, they wanna set one up - i'm thinking it would be better to start out on an established one and just playing there, rather that trying to get another one up and running..

There are more than enough of them which are locked.

Just join their communities I guess...

If every admin was to end up locking their server because they are afraid of hackers, then that solves nothing at all. Just give rocket time to find a solution to get rid of them.

its he´s server he should be able to whit it as he sees fit.....especially when he pays for it...

Edited by crashchaser
  • Like 1

the amout of hackers has increased everyday since i have been renting my server. If server owners were able to password protect their servers, the hackers wouldnt be ruining the game for us.

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen. To limit the number of potential hackers, i have also reduced the maxping from 250 to 175.

Earlier today... Cherno was on fire and a helicopter was parked on top of the international hotel.

Hackers teleporting to people and shooting them point blank with an m107.

These hackers are destroying the game.

ROCKET, you took away pistols from fresh spawns as an experiment.

Next experiment: ALLOW SERVER ADMINS TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIER SERVERS WITHOUT BEING BLACKLISTED. allow this for a week.

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

HAHA! No.

A++++ thread, best laugh I've had in ages, the satirical way the OP writes like a dribbling idiot is just amazing.

• Like 2

i HOPE he dont allow to PW protect servers we ALL know what u do then ...... that would be REALLY unfair when u dont wanna play with others dont play this game ...... and SURE u let DONATERS in and when they ask for 1 or 2 or 12712378128 NVGs u gave them ......or lemme search a vehicle before u open the server and such SHIT .....

PLS dont allow this Rocket its good like it is now its an alpha in future hackers will be have it mutch harder :)

PLS DO NOT ALLOWE IT let them Whine about ahckers i got killed SOOO OFTEN from hackers ...its happened and ????

You seem rather set on the password thing.

And I think you might be a bit to narrow minded here, to let rocket allow you to password protect your server, which creates all kinds of possible problems.

Instead I think a thread where we try to brainstorm what we can do about hackers would be a better idea;

what is in our way of allowing us to identify them,

what we need to swiftly act on it.

And how we can make sure that they'll never see the light of day on any dayz server, ever again.

Password protection could help, but doesn't solve the problem.

Also, I prefer to be able to join a server without hassle.

Edited by Tropus

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen. To limit the number of potential hackers, i have also reduced the maxping from 250 to 175.

Outstanding. with that kind of response I imagine your server will end up empty on a daily basic before long so problem fixed.

No hackers \o/\o/ everyones a winner.

its he´s server he should be able to whit it as he sees fit.....especially when he pays for it...

Not when he can gain advantage on other servers.

If he has a private stats server, sure, he can lock all he wants. But if his stats are synced to other servers, then his locking isn't only affecting his server, but other servers as well.

Not happening, Rocket has talked about this all ready. The only servers with passwords connected to the hive servers are usually DayZ patch test servers

so you want people to donate to help pay for your server just to get access into your server? When this is a free mod. So you wouldn't mind if rocket had server owners donate each month to stay connected with the hive?

Edited by keosan24

listen, through my bf3 days where i played for hours i can no longer even think about, i played all the time, the forum was basically piling up on hacker accusations, i was called a hacker aswell lol, not everyone is a hacker, and think about it, what would make them hack? maybe server hoppers, the teleporting to point black and shooting you is basically so you cant disconnect, if i constantly ran into serverhoppers i guess i would start hacking aswell you know, but through my entire gaming history ive never hacked, but ive been called a hacker plenty of times lol.

people whine and throw the hacker word around to much, so far i havent even seen one, and i guess its gonna go down that road again where the forum here will overflow with whine about hackers, and im not gonna see anyone of them lol.

passwording the server is gonna help you in what way?

Stop raging and figure out who the hacker is, and if you cant, then make an idea of how we the people can spot the hacker, since people obviously works alot better than an anti cheat program. -.-

listen, through my bf3 days where i played for hours i can no longer even think about, i played all the time, the forum was basically piling up on hacker accusations, i was called a hacker aswell lol, not everyone is a hacker, and think about it, what would make them hack? maybe server hoppers, the teleporting to point black and shooting you is basically so you cant disconnect, if i constantly ran into serverhoppers i guess i would start hacking aswell you know, but through my entire gaming history ive never hacked, but ive been called a hacker plenty of times lol.

people whine and throw the hacker word around to much, so far i havent even seen one, and i guess its gonna go down that road again where the forum here will overflow with whine about hackers, and im not gonna see anyone of them lol.

passwording the server is gonna help you in what way?

Stop raging and figure out who the hacker is, and if you cant, then make an idea of how we the people can spot the hacker, since people obviously works alot better than an anti cheat program. -.-

Hi, there, you must not play much. And if you do/did you must be blind. Or insanely lucky. You never saw a hacker? It's not as bad as it was before the Battleye update, but I would often see a jet lazily fly over Balotta airfield, hop to another server and then see a passenger airliner fly over. I have seen people teleporting vast distances. I have seen weapons crates, unsanctioned weapons and just plain nukes.

All you guys with your "I never done see none hackers." You're in the minority. They were all around you. And as a server runner, the scripts injected made very large logs. Sometimes a gig in size. So don't pass off this I never saw it so it can't be much of a problem attitude. It was fucking rampant unchecked ruination for quite a while. This Battleye update has stifled most of the day tripper script kiddies and their public methods. But some of the more clever bypassers and their "customers" are still lurking about. I mean my god, how did anyone play the game last month and not know this?

In any case, and on topic, I do not agree with locking servers. And yes scripters were a huge problem. less so now. Only a matter of time though, Battleye is notoriously one of the easiest systems to trick. Look it up.

Edited by AfricanizedBees

Banning everyone on the server just because there was hacker is admin abuse, I don't see why you still have a server.

• Like 3

then i guess you could go do that. Server hosting is a privledge, a option, if you dont like it then stop hosting.

If nobody hosted servers, this mod wouldn't exist anymore because Bohemia would have to provide those servers. There's a reason they don't already do that. Server Admins are doing a service to the game. It's not a priledge.

Are we playing a game where we all see how many letters we can remove from the word Privilege and still have it be recognizable? Priedge!

rocket there is hackers so please let me play with just my clan and get infinite loot and horde vehicles :(

There's a reason you can't lock your servers.

Edited by spykr

the amout of hackers has increased everyday since i have been renting my server. If server owners were able to password protect their servers, the hackers wouldnt be ruining the game for us.

Earlier today... Cherno was on fire and a helicopter was parked on top of the international hotel.

Hackers teleporting to people and shooting them point blank with an m107.

These hackers are destroying the game.

ROCKET, you took away pistols from fresh spawns as an experiment.

Next experiment: ALLOW SERVER ADMINS TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIER SERVERS WITHOUT BEING BLACKLISTED. allow this for a week.

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

What's to stop certain admins and/or clans exploiting password locked servers? Sure itll clear out the hackers, but then every other server will be password blocked and there won't be available servers for the community anymore.

It's a bad idea, worse than having the hackers imo

look, I respect anyone who puts the time and effort in to running a server.

The problem is your not really listening to why people think it's a bad idea, your just shooting them down with patronising comments.

Have you seen the mess that BF3 has become with all the narcissistic little Hitlers running their servers as they see fit, each one of them thinking they know best. It's a bloody mess. What your suggesting is serious overkill. We all know that hacking is a problem, and it always will be. I've had more issues with people DC'ing to avoid death than hackers. Password protecting servers is a slippery slope and before you know it, DayZ will turn from a community driven project into an elitist whore house.

I stick to two or three main servers. I use those because they are run well, they ban DC'ers (with proof), and they do their best to ban hackers (again, with proof). If they shut down the server every time there was a hack (which isn't very often) it would simply punish the legit players. So why don't these servers suffer with hacking problems? Because the admins are on the ball and deal with it correctly. It's not perfect but for the most part it works.

If you've genuinely got to the point where you want to password protect your server then maybe it's time to retire. It's really important that you understand why password protection can't be allowed. It's open to abuse, and would ruin the game far more than any hackers are at the moment.

Again, I respect anyone willing to run a server but surely part of the responsibility of doing so means listening to the community that are using it, and your not.

number one rule of dayz is not to get attached to your gear.

This game is an alpha and you should be testing and finding bugs , gear comes second.

Hackers should therefore only be considered a minor nuisance and not "OMG A HACKER MY DAY IS RUINED"

Edited by Guest

Are they ONLY hacking on US servers?

I mostly play around on EU, DE and SE servers. I've played over 300 hours gametime and i've only seen 1 hacker, EVER. And his hack was putting a text in the middle of the screen for everyone saying "Hahahahhaha" and then giving EVERY player online a bazooka with 50 rounds.

I was on top of cherno sniping people, 30 seconds later all you could hear was bombs going off, was actually kind of funny.

You guys seems to have some REAL issues with hackers :o In my experience they're pretty uncommon.

• Like 1